Richardson And Kelly Gone | Vital Football

Richardson And Kelly Gone

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Millers left with no management - again

Evans back I hear. I mentioned a while back what rabbit TS would pull out of the hat at ST renewal time and this is it. To me makes some sense for a last hurrah for a Centennial promotion attempt but not for a root and branch rebuild with younger players being developed.

Evans back I hear. I mentioned a while back what rabbit TS would pull out of the hat at ST renewal time and this is it. To me makes some sense for a last hurrah for a Centennial promotion attempt but not for a root and branch rebuild with younger players being developed.
Doesn’t always work out second time , I wish Mr Evans and Co all the best.
The Chairmans record of manager appointments is poor to awful.

Good luck to Leam Richardson and Rob Kelly in the future.
‘ Another one bites the dust ‘

Whatever people say for and against this appointment to me it again raises questions about the judgement of the board. We sacked MT in November 2023 and I know for a fact feelers were put out to SE although he was not first choice. That came to nothing for reasons unknown and we got LR to 'oversee a rebuild in L1'. SE then in February agreed a contract extension with Stevenage to 2026 (thus undoubtedly increasing the compensation we have to pay). Now, with three games to go, we sack LR and must have had prior negotiations with SE.
TS doesn't know what he wants. He's consistently inconsistent. I suspect he has decided he wants a promotion in the Centennial season.
By the way, it's Jimmy Olsen I feel sorry for. All that laudatory stuff about Leam and it's already ashes.

Whatever people say for and against this appointment to me it again raises questions about the judgement of the board. We sacked MT in November 2023 and I know for a fact feelers were put out to SE although he was not first choice. That came to nothing for reasons unknown and we got LR to 'oversee a rebuild in L1'. SE then in February agreed a contract extension with Stevenage to 2026 (thus undoubtedly increasing the compensation we have to pay). Now, with three games to go, we sack LR and must have had prior negotiations with SE.
TS doesn't know what he wants. He's consistently inconsistent. I suspect he has decided he wants a promotion in the Centennial season.
By the way, it's Jimmy Olsen I feel sorry for. All that laudatory stuff about Leam and it's already ashes.
Don’t feel too sorry about Jimmy Olsen Lindum….
He tends to see most things with ‘ Rose Red Tinted Glasses.’

Proof of whether the Chairman has made the right call this time is end of June and which players will be offloaded, which new players will be recruited and by how many season tickets are not renewed for League 1.

Roll the Dice……again.

EDIT :- forgot to add , last time Mr Evans was here the Academy was literally none existent.
Be interesting to see if any of the Academy lads are given a chance in League 1…( on second thoughts “ interesting “ is perhaps the wrong word.)

Last edited:
Not on here but on other forums and social media some fans who a week ago were advocating the need for a rebuild in L1, structural and cultural issues to be addressed, an emphasis on developing our own players established, have in the blink of an eye ditched it all and are craving another promotion season. Perhaps they're right. Perhaps a strategic redirection of the club was always an illusion given the short-termism of the modern game. I shall simply look forward to hopefully seeing some decent games and a few wins.

Not on here but on other forums and social media some fans who a week ago were advocating the need for a rebuild in L1, structural and cultural issues to be addressed, an emphasis on developing our own players established, have in the blink of an eye ditched it all and are craving another promotion season. Perhaps they're right. Perhaps a strategic redirection of the club was always an illusion given the short-termism of the modern game. I shall simply look forward to hopefully seeing some decent games and a few wins.

My heart says 'yes, get promotion' but my head says 'we need to establish ourselves and a season or two won't do us any harm in League One'.

But, should we go up I don't want any of this messing about with play-offs - we need to be top of second!

Had a look across social media. Cannot believe some are saying getting rid of these 2 is a bad thing.
No problem with folk saying appointing them was a huge mistake. (It was). But I think TS deserves complimenting on taking the right action.

Had a look across social media. Cannot believe some are saying getting rid of these 2 is a bad thing.
No problem with folk saying appointing them was a huge mistake. (It was). But I think TS deserves complimenting on taking the right action.
Must admit Craig, we got rid of Taylor when I'd have given him more time and now Richardson when he hasn't had that long in the job - paying a lot of money out to people we haven't got any more.

Must admit Craig, we got rid of Taylor when I'd have given him more time and now Richardson when he hasn't had that long in the job - paying a lot of money out to people we haven't got any more.
Plus compensation to Stevenage.
Keep going round in circles. ( ever decreasing circles )
‘ Tin Hat ‘ on….personally and my opinion only I reckon Matt Taylor and Leam Richardson were ‘ hung out to dry ‘ and were onto a loser quite soon after being appointed.
Perhaps both ought to have checked the club out a lot more.
It takes a certain type of manager that can get the best out of what we’ve got.
For different reasons MT and LR failed to do so.

One but not the only problem is if a club has 3 managers in a season it could be construed that the actual managers job is more difficult than it appears.
Hiring and Firing and ‘ pulling the trigger ‘ may have been necessary but it doesn’t end up with great publicity when it comes to hiring managers.

A manager is only as good as the funds provided by the club and even then those funds have to be used wisely.
We’re a club that can’t take too many gambles, proven by this pre -season recruitment.

My father and eldest brother packed the Millers in after the great sell-off of the early sixties. I won't pack them in. But the last few seasons and especially this one have undoubtedly changed my attitude. I know all the stuff about what it means to be a 'true fan' but I simply will not sacrifice my critical faculties on the altar of the whims (and imo idiocies) of our current chairman. If we do well I shall enjoy the ride. If we do badly I shall chuckle at the buffoonery of it all. What I won't do is ever again let the club become too important in my life.

My father and eldest brother packed the Millers in after the great sell-off of the early sixties. I won't pack them in. But the last few seasons and especially this one have undoubtedly changed my attitude. I know all the stuff about what it means to be a 'true fan' but I simply will not sacrifice my critical faculties on the altar of the whims (and imo idiocies) of our current chairman. If we do well I shall enjoy the ride. If we do badly I shall chuckle at the buffoonery of it all. What I won't do is ever again let the club become too important in my life.
I agree. But it creeps up on you. The time you spend thinking. And it does affect your mood.
I don't do drugs or even drink, So it can get to me more.