Zech Medley to join on loan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Zech Medley to join on loan

I feel like comments from Arsenal fans on twitter should be taken with a pinch of salt as I doubt the overwhelming majority have seen him play more than a handful of minutes and they seem rather prone to hype but I do remember hearing about a year ago that he was very highly rated there so this seems like it could work out very nicely.

I haven't looked on twitter but I do know he is very highly thought of at arsenal. I know a couple arsenal fans that have seen him play and are very impressed. Some were pushing for him to start.

My son played with Zech at Real 60. Taller and faster than everyone else. Picked up by Fulham at 11, never thought he'd end up a CB

The big question is "is he better than Barry Fuller?".
No the big question is can Evans turn this guy into a adult?
He clearly has the talent. Playing matches in a competitive setting might see the lad grow up fast.With Evans experience I think he might be able to handle the boy.That is what Arsenal will want too .So I totally get why they have sent him to us especially with his local roots .Hopefully he will enjoy playing and it will develop him as a person.

Last edited:
He clearly has the talent. Playing matches in a competitive setting might see the lad grow up fast.But if not I can't see Arsenal keeping him .So the player has to listen and learn or it won't be only Gillingham kicking him out the door. Interesting signing.With Evans experience I think he might be able to handle the boy.That is what Arsenal will want too .So I totally get why they have sent him to us especially with his local roots .Hopefully he will enjoy playing and it will develop him as a person. It is likely too many youth players have too much time on their hands and in premier league case far too much money .That alone can mean problems.
He clearly has the talent. Playing matches in a competitive setting might see the lad grow up fast.With Evans experience I think he might be able to handle the boy.That is what Arsenal will want too .So I totally get why they have sent him to us especially with his local roots .Hopefully he will enjoy playing and it will develop him as a person.
You make it sound like the lad has an attitude Chris.
what do you base that on?

I’m perplexed as to why a man of 20 is considered a boy.
Young player with no league experience, yep.
But , know how to handle the boy is very patronising.

You make it sound like the lad has an attitude Chris.
what do you base that on?
I admit I was muddled up the two players we have signed .But I do think a talent at a premier league club does not always make him a great league one player.He is going to have to come down to earth .

I admit I was muddled up the two players we have signed .But I do think a talent at a premier league club does not always make him a great league one player.He is going to have to come down to earth .
Jesus christ.
What evidence do you have that the guy is not ‘ down to earth’
He came across as mature in his interview except for starting every sentence with yeah/no which is quite common these days.