Zach Clough | Vital Football

Zach Clough

Banter Central

Vital Youth Team
Paul Taylor reporting that CH is going to give a fair crack of the whip to the remainder of the bomb squad: Bomb, Hefele and Clough.

Is there any chance he could really get Clough back on track and we could find ourselves with another forward option?

Obviously he's never really done it for us - and didn't really do it on loan for Bolton or Rochdale in L1 either...

But he CAN do well as this level. He bossed it when he was younger. What's gone so wrong? There is a player in there somewhere...

Being small perhaps he has just lost the desire to keep getting back up again? The thing his dad loved about Gary Crosby.

His descent seemed to start when one of our managers I think it may have been Warburton (though they do seem to blur into one there's been so many) decided to play him wide left which he either was unsuited to or resented being asked to play there, whichever it was, his confidence dipped and he never seems to have recovered, he's no doubt on a good contract so has possibly lacked the motivation

He's not a kid anymore he needs to sort himself out, his contract runs out this season unless he gets games and shows what he's capable of he won't get a contract anywhere but maybe lg2. we are lackingg in attacking midfield options he won't get a better chance to get involved.

He's had plenty of chances over the years and has made a mess of them all. He's no longer a babe in arms, if he's not used his talent so far it's unlikely that he's going to change his stripes now.
But, having said that it would be great if our new manager (not just coach) could get him to work.

He's had plenty of chances over the years and has made a mess of them all. He's no longer a babe in arms, if he's not used his talent so far it's unlikely that he's going to change his stripes now.
But, having said that it would be great if our new manager (not just coach) could get him to work.

I agree. When he was dropped for us he was playing dreadful . Went to Bolton and rochdale and did nothing of note .

Was Brazil and lester sanctioned that 3million for him. Also squandered money on aryibi

Not sure of this rumour but was his dip n form coinciding with when his agent was on the phone to him in his car and involved in car crash. The agent not Clough. Is this true?

I agree. When he was dropped for us he was playing dreadful . Went to Bolton and rochdale and did nothing of note .

Was Brazil and lester sanctioned that 3million for him. Also squandered money on aryibi
Clough was a rising star at the time so it was a good deal. Unfortunately Clough’s form plummeted and we are now where we are.

As I have previously said though, if we are paying him anyway we may as well see if we can get some use out of him.