🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

🚹 Yves Bissouma - Player Thread

Isn't that competition for the 6 shirt supposed to be Bentancur though?

I still think you're right though about needing more bodies in the engine room. Even if Biss, Bents, Sarr and Bergval get to peak performance, we still need more alternatives. The fixtures will come thick and fast.

I do have a curiosity about Abbott, Craig, Hall, Craig etc. Wondering whether any of our academy prospects can fill that void.
My natural thinking was that Bents and Sarr were competition for each other. Bents certainly played the Sarr role before his first injury. It certainly seemed that way to me! Hey Ho!

I've always seen Sarr as a 6, he may be a bit short of experience right now but I've always felt he would gain stature as his experience grows. He certainly has the engine. I see Bentancur more as 8.

I've always seen Sarr as a 6, he may be a bit short of experience right now but I've always felt he would gain stature as his experience grows. He certainly has the engine. I see Bentancur more as 8.
I really do think that the days of assigning a role in a team base don their shirt numbers is long gone.

Players now need to be multifaceted and interchangeable, which is why the traditional silo thinking around defined roles in midfield and even in defence just doesn't work in Ange's system.

e.g. our top initiator of chances is actually Romero! Our second is Kulu.

Neither can be looked at as the prime creatives in a team., but they are..

I really do think that the days of assigning a role in a team base don their shirt numbers is long gone.

Players now need to be multifaceted and interchangeable, which is why the traditional silo thinking around defined roles in midfield and even in defence just doesn't work in Ange's system.

e.g. our top initiator of chances is actually Romero! Our second is Kulu.

Neither can be looked at as the prime creatives in a team., but they are..
Yes, I get that, but we do need a player on the pitch who knows to drop in and cover the centre backs if they are drawn wide when the full backs have gone forward.

We don't know nearly enough about them but there really ought to be some movement in this area already. Next season or beyond will be the tell tale sign.

So back to that circular debate. Club over-stocked with players and no space for the kids to even make the bench. New manager comes in and seems averse to use any / many even in an injury crisis.

Time is on their side or not? Good enough or not?

Example, George Abbott at 17 was in Mason's finishing eleven that relegated Leeds last season. At 18 he's currently captaining our U21 team and playing for Eng U19's. Tyrese Hall, also 18, playing in the same 2 teams. Craig 20, was the U21 captain but now at Donny Rovers on loan. He also played against Leeds.

I think Ex said this week that these kids have a probability of about 1% of becoming our next regular 1st teamer. That's still 1% more than Hoj and Skipp !!!

So back to that circular debate. Club over-stocked with players and no space for the kids to even make the bench. New manager comes in and seems averse to use any / many even in an injury crisis.

Time is on their side or not? Good enough or not?

Example, George Abbott at 17 was in Mason's finishing eleven that relegated Leeds last season. At 18 he's currently captaining our U21 team and playing for Eng U19's. Tyrese Hall, also 18, playing in the same 2 teams. Craig 20, was the U21 captain but now at Donny Rovers on loan. He also played against Leeds.

I think Ex said this week that these kids have a probability of about 1% of becoming our next regular 1st teamer. That's still 1% more than Hoj and Skipp !!!
I'm of the same mindset. We need to address this if we're serious about making the Academy work. We really ought to because the benefits could be felt for years to come.

I'm not expecting to see much movement this season but behind the scenes there should be a concerted effort to improve the whole set up. It'll take time but it's something i'd like to see everybody get behind. In another year or two we should be in a better position to assess whether the improvements we've made are working or not.

I'm of the same mindset. We need to address this if we're serious about making the Academy work. We really ought to because the benefits could be felt for years to come.

I'm not expecting to see much movement this season but behind the scenes there should be a concerted effort to improve the whole set up. It'll take time but it's something i'd like to see everybody get behind. In another year or two we should be in a better position to assess whether the improvements we've made are working or not.

My eyes were opened most when I analysed the construct of Pep's treble winning squad. 18 senior players with sensible rotation. No Hojbjerg, Skipp or Davies types but space for a Rico Lewis to shine, and be protected at the same time. Players kept competitive and content.

We might not have the absolute quality (and wage bill) of a City yet but we're not so far from adopting the same squad template.

My 18 + 7 model would be....

Venom, Porro, Emerson, Udogie, Romero, VDV, Dragusin, Biss, Bents, Sarr, Madds, Kulu, Son, Werner, BJ, Richi (2 spaces - GK + CM)

Bergval, Phillips, Donley/Devine, Scarlett/Veliz (3 spaces - GK + 2 outfield)

That's not even looking at the U18's (Moore, Olusesi, Hall, Black etc)

Despite the short term pain of the last few weeks, it's still why I'm genuinely excited. For now, we're more likely to be at a 20 + 5 model as we test more and more of these kids out `and let them mature closer to 21. That's what Pep did and then did some culling to give them space.

My eyes were opened most when I analysed the construct of Pep's treble winning squad. 18 senior players with sensible rotation. No Hojbjerg, Skipp or Davies types but space for a Rico Lewis to shine, and be protected at the same time. Players kept competitive and content.

We might not have the absolute quality (and wage bill) of a City yet but we're not so far from adopting the same squad template.

My 18 + 7 model would be....

Venom, Porro, Emerson, Udogie, Romero, VDV, Dragusin, Biss, Bents, Sarr, Madds, Kulu, Son, Werner, BJ, Richi (2 spaces - GK + CM)

Bergval, Phillips, Donley/Devine, Scarlett/Veliz (3 spaces - GK + 2 outfield)

That's not even looking at the U18's (Moore, Olusesi, Hall, Black etc)

Despite the short term pain of the last few weeks, it's still why I'm genuinely excited. For now, we're more likely to be at a 20 + 5 model as we test more and more of these kids out `and let them mature closer to 21. That's what Pep did and then did some culling to give them space.
That's the target. If we can get as close to that as possible we'll be in much better shape for it.

Another below par performance from Bissouma, Biss needs to get back to full fitness.

I am serious...I would sit him. AP needs to start rotating guys when they are out of form and need a break...or simply just need a break.

Look at Madds...dude needed a break badly...Bents comes in and plays great....light bulb AP??

I think giving Drago and VdV a start at CB...and maybe just maybe see what Romero looks like at DM? Or just start Skippy or PEH...holy crap what am I thinking!

I am serious...I would sit him. AP needs to start rotating guys when they are out of form and need a break...or simply just need a break.

Look at Madds...dude needed a break badly...Bents comes in and plays great....light bulb AP??

I think giving Drago and VdV a start at CB...and maybe just maybe see what Romero looks like at DM? Or just start Skippy or PEH...holy crap what am I thinking!
Haha it is Aprils Fools day ere, so announcing that Hoj or Skippy plays is a very good prank me ole mukka!