Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Is he not able to move for a minimum fee before he is 18 with the club not being able to do anything about it?
He’s signed a professional contract so I think it’s just the same as any other player. I think under 18s can only sign a maximum of 3 years so the main risk is he just runs his contract down

The intimation of losing for a nominal fee as decided per the EPPP (or if abroad via UEFA's compensation scheme) this summer is total bollocks.

He's under contract...you can't contract U16s - there's a world of difference between scholarship terms and professional contract - ala Bellingham as others have pointed out.

Yes, at end of current contract he could leave for free with a tribunal deciding compensation terms, but that applies to absolutely every player in his position across the world. But there's no way with time left on his contract, he ups and walks away and Bayern give us 50p as a 'sorry'.

I did plan on covering this earlier in the week to point out it was basically bollocks from start to finish but I never got around to it.

Just remember lads, whilst there are undoubtedly good people out there and talented writers. If we distrust what comes from the Daily Fail, The Current Bun (whilst knowing each of them are qualified both as a writer and also in ethics and media law), why treat other outlets as being more authoritative and believable when there is no obligation for writers to be qualified as a writer, understand ethics or have any knowledge of media law.

Some may well remember the days where I used to kick out around a 100 pieces a month on here, there's a reason I don't now because the stuff that suits the 'next generation' is the clickbait angry twitter bollocks I won't do.

Love, loath - if you want some temptation of proper knowledge, stick to well known journo's and not sites that slam 'EXCLUSIVE' on every headline and then simply claim 'a source has told us'.

He’s signed a professional contract so I think it’s just the same as any other player. I think under 18s can only sign a maximum of 3 years so the main risk is he just runs his contract down
Yes, I think I read Louie Barry signed a deal whereby it automatically gives him another 3 years when he hits 18 taking him to 21. The club won't do that unless they think you'll make it. I assume Chucky has the same deal as he seems better than Barry at this stage of his career. It will be interesting to see if either becomes the next Gary Shaw or Hepburn Murphy

Yes, I think I read Louie Barry signed a deal whereby it automatically gives him another 3 years when he hits 18 taking him to 21. The club won't do that unless they think you'll make it. I assume Chucky has the same deal as he seems better than Barry at this stage of his career. It will be interesting to see if either becomes the next Gary Shaw or Hepburn Murphy

I was just having a mind blank trying to remember RHM’s name, glad you posted it. I remember that time he turned into Billy big bollocks wanting a new contract and now he’s playing in Cyprus according to Google.

As for chuku, from what I’ve seen which is limited granted - get him on the first team pitch before the end of the season, what a great way to motivate him so that he’s the first one back to pre-season raring to go next season.

Jaden Philogene-Bidace seems to be the one nearest to the first team at this moment in time and at 19 too old for youth football, needs to either get a few mins here and there off the bench or be loaned out. In saying that I don't think any of the players out on loan will be coming back. They seem to be lads who won't make it at Villa but might make it in League 2 or whatever

I guess Bidace is closer due to our lack of options ont he flanks with Jack and Trez both out injured.

In terms of pure talent, from what I've seen Chuk is a class above, but we're fairly well stocked in centre mid.

Personally I'd rather see him introduced ahead of Ramsey now who has had chances and looks out of his depth,

Jaden Philogene-Bidace seems to be the one nearest to the first team at this moment in time and at 19 too old for youth football, needs to either get a few mins here and there off the bench or be loaned out. In saying that I don't think any of the players out on loan will be coming back. They seem to be lads who won't make it at Villa but might make it in League 2 or whatever

Vassilev seems to have disappeared off the Villa web site, but according to Google remains on loan at Cheltenham so he seems to be gone/going. I read a few weeks ago that Cameron Archer is expected back, so maybe a better future for him? The elder Revan has had rave reviews at Weymouth and before that comment draws howls of abuse, its not many years since Ollie Watkins was at Weston-Super-Mare! So Revan senior may remain on course. He looked solid in that Liverpool cup match alongside Bridge.

The U23s had their final game of the season yesterday. No Bidace Philage and no Carny in the side. Are there two clues as to the bench on Sunday, though at their age surely they can manage to sit still within 48 hours of playing?

Vassilev seems to have disappeared off the Villa web site, but according to Google remains on loan at Cheltenham so he seems to be gone/going. I read a few weeks ago that Cameron Archer is expected back, so maybe a better future for him? The elder Revan has had rave reviews at Weymouth and before that comment draws howls of abuse, its not many years since Ollie Watkins was at Weston-Super-Mare! So Revan senior may remain on course. He looked solid in that Liverpool cup match alongside Bridge.

Yes , get what you are saying Gordon but Weston and Exeter are much nearer the same levels than Villa and Weymouth. If he'd dropped down and gone to a championship club at 20 years old, I'd say he may have a chance.
I honestly can see any of the 20+year-olds who haven't been training with the first team being kept on beyond their contracts. Villa will do the best they can to find them a club or at least I hope they will. Much as we'd like to keep some until they are 23, I think the policy is now to move all but the very select on at 21 or less.

I know we all like to think our youth players are a cut above but they really aren't, just yet. Chelsea man U and city Liverpool etc still cream off the top lads , we will get there but I don't think we are there yet. Every club needs cannon fodder to make up a team for the elite kid to play in. It's a horrible game when not even one per intake makes the grade

Don't forget folks...loans to non-league clubs can be cancelled at any time+players remain with us in effect on a part time basis because those clubs aren't full time.

With Covid and the risk other competitions may get cancelled/further outbreaks, booting folks out to non-league in January made a lot of sense.

We shouldn't overly read into it that those who went non-league automatically have no future now.

Don't forget folks...loans to non-league clubs can be cancelled at any time+players remain with us in effect on a part time basis because those clubs aren't full time.

With Covid and the risk other competitions may get cancelled/further outbreaks, booting folks out to non-league in January made a lot of sense.

We shouldn't overly read into it that those who went non-league automatically have no future now.
Do you want to bet against me, Mike?

It is maybe a bit harsh to write some of the out on loan youngsters off. However, we can’t keep them around if they are just so far off the standard after a certain age. Sometimes players might turn into decent players in 5 or 6 years after regular game time, but we can’t just keep them all on indefinitely especially if we aren’t in a position to ever play them.

You would hope someone at 21 would be good enough to be on the bench at least. If they can only get game time in league 2 or non league at close to that age then it does make you question their future here.

Revan is an interesting one because he was always highly rated, looked decent in the Liverpool game and apparently was excellent at Weymouth and helped turn their entire season around which suggests he should be at a much higher level. Seems like this loan should have happened 1 or 2 years ago.

I look at it like this Konsa had played about 100 league games by the time he was 21, he certainly wasn't out on loan at non-league sides.
£12m player at 21 do we have any defenders that good in the u23's?.
It's a harsh world football, there really is no room for sentiment, Villa and all clubs move dozens in and out every year very very few make it

It's our age old problem of not getting youngsters out quick enough to sink or swim.

I can see the likes of Vassilev moving on this summer, but Revan/Rowe etc I'd expect to see loaned out to the Champ next season before we make final decisions there, as although older in terms of our next batch, Revan's only 20 I think.