Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Great move for Ramsey that is.

Just a few junctions down the M5 do won't be much of a disruption to his daily life and he'll hopefully get some minutes against a good standard of player in a team fighting for a playoff spot.

I watched Aaron Ramsey in preseason and in the cup game, he looked quality against league 2 sides (Barrow, Walsall) but struggled against Championship sides so league 1 seems a perfect destination. Hopefully he gets decent game time and comes back a far better player

The one young player I think could have a hard time breaking through under Gerrard is Bidace.

Not had a look in yet and we seemingly won't be playing with wingers if the rumours of El Ghazi, Trez and Traores departures are true.

Shame for the lad as he looks a real talent but think he'll need a move now for the sake of his career.
Bidace was our best player in preseason, in my opinion it was piss poor by Smith [one of his worst decisions this season] to drop him for the first game of the season against Watford to make way for unfit and out of form players like El Ghazi/ Buendia/ Targett (with Young pushed up into a forward role). With youngsters I feel they have to strike while the iron is hot and Bidace was set up perfectly to be given a chance and instead has gone cold wasting in the reserves for half a season. I think he could do a job for someone in the championship as he ripped Bristol City apart in the preseason friendly I attended which was their final preparation game of the summer (ie they were at full strength and fitness)

Interesting words from SG after the game last night, basically saying he didn't know what Carney's long term future was.

Sounds like he's not going to sign a new deal then. Probably explains why he brought Bidace on.

Following on from Aston Villa's recall of highly rated Academy graduate Kaine Kesler Hayden from League Two side Swindon Town on Sunday, quite a few 'reported' outlets have claimed that it was basically the 19-year-old's fantastic performance against Manchester City in the third round of the FA Cup that tipped head coach Steven Gerrard's hands and led him to end a season long loan early.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...t-a-kneejerk-reaction-these-fans-explain-why/

He'll tear it up north of the border, kids an absolute beast with the skills to match from the bits I've seen of him. Best of luck Caleb 👍

Obviously not needed to try and keep his brother happy anymore now his brother isn't signing.
Is that confirmed now or just rumours? I think we’ve done him a massive favour by giving him the chances he’s had so far so if he can’t appreciate that we should send him back to U18s for the rest of his contract

Not confirmed but Gerrard said after the match on Monday that his long term future is unclear.
You'd think with the new signings and the fact that Gerrard is now our manager, he'd be chomping at the bit to stay around the Villa squad. Realistically, where is he going to go to get a better footballing education? if he goes to the big 6 he'll be straight in the U23's and much further down the pecking order and why would you go to somewhere like Burnley - where he may get a game or two but won't progress at the same rate or have the same level of players around him.

He'll see sense soon and sign a new contract.