Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Both now, or at least last window they were. Jacob was in first and Aaron followed as an injury replacement.

Louis Barry actually starting for Ipswich tonight after not even being on the bench for weeks.

Chukwuemeka scoring his first for England tonight. For the under 19s anyway. Only against Andorra but you've got to start somewhere.

Any tweet clips of the goal mate, I can't find anything but I'm not that good with social media anyway lol

If the lads on loan aren’t getting enough game time should Gerrard bring them back and assess them? Not much point in them bench warming if they could be playing in matches for their age group at Villa.

If the lads on loan aren’t getting enough game time should Gerrard bring them back and assess them? Not much point in them bench warming if they could be playing in matches for their age group at Villa.

Barry will be recalled I'm certain. Why they signed him in the first place is beyond me. About the others I'm not sure. Kessler seems to be doing great at Swindon. Young is getting regular minutes but not starting too much. Not sure about the 2 lads in the national league.

Barry will be recalled I'm certain. Why they signed him in the first place is beyond me. About the others I'm not sure. Kessler seems to be doing great at Swindon. Young is getting regular minutes but not starting too much. Not sure about the 2 lads in the national league.
Kesler is doing well I but in league 2 so will presumably stay out for the time being. He’s probably not going to improve our squad and if he’s getting regular game time and is doing a good job there’s no need to disrupt his progress. Maybe Guilbert would be a more realistic recall option if there is a option to do that.

I think Young is getting more minutes than Barry but his loan isn’t exactly going perfectly either although at least he is playing occasionally. With Barry it was a really poor decision to let him leave, many suspected he wasn’t ready for senior football and that has been proven so this seems like a total waste for all concerned.

Kesler is doing well I but in league 2 so will presumably stay out for the time being. He’s probably not going to improve our squad and if he’s getting regular game time and is doing a good job there’s no need to disrupt his progress. Maybe Guilbert would be a more realistic recall option if there is a option to do that.

I think Young is getting more minutes than Barry but his loan isn’t exactly going perfectly either although at least he is playing occasionally. With Barry it was a really poor decision to let him leave, many suspected he wasn’t ready for senior football and that has been proven so this seems like a total waste for all concerned.

Guilbert is having a great season in France by all accounts and playing every week. He's not going to be happy getting recalled only to be backup. I think the plan was to give Kessler this season on loan then promote him to be cash's backup. Whether Gerrard will want that is another question.

It'll be an interesting time for the youngsters that's for sure.

I spoke to my mate who's chief steward at Stockport County and he reckons Arjan Raikhy is doing pretty well there. He's not starting every game but has put in some impressive performances. They've just got a new manager so will be interesting to see if he still gets plenty of game time.