Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Lionel Messi is small in stature. Louis Barry has to find a way to compete against the lumps in league one. That's why he was sent there, it's part of his footballing education. Just let him be for a while, he'll either find a way to be effective or he'll not have a future in professional football.
Yep, he needs to be playing real football, he needs to learn how to use his skills to influence games. Don't think the physicality of league 1 comes into it. Whether Ipswich is the best place for him is a different matter.

At Villa there are too many players with more claims to play ahead of him.

For Louie Barry, see Callum O'Hare, Barry Bannan and a host of others. Techincally gifted, but I'm yet to see the wow factor I saw with Grealish at that age.

He's a bit bland.... even with the alice band.

Yes he'd have been better missing that goal against Liverpool which has lead to this ridiculous hype around him

I think the hype started before that to be honest, because he'd come from Barcelona.

People forget the fact he was only at the Barca academy for 6 months so essentially flopped.

If we'd signed him directly from Baggies we'd not even be talking about him.

I think the hype started before that to be honest, because he'd come from Barcelona.

People forget the fact he was only at the Barca academy for 6 months so essentially flopped.

If we'd signed him directly from Baggies we'd not even be talking about him.
True, I can remember the clamour on Facebook to get him in the Villa side before the Liverpool game actually and me saying he's a boy and not ready. Then he score against Liverpool and I get dogs abuse for my comment but long term I was right. he's not even ready for Ipswich let alone Villa.
I really hope he makes it with us but I don't see a Gary Shaw who at 17 was leading the line for Villa

Indeed. I hope they all make it at Villa, but reality is that we're doing very well as an academty if only 2 or 3 do, and it looks like Chuk and JPB are the current 2 and I'd say Kesler and A.Ramsey are next in the pecking order.

Archer has also jumped above Barry in the attacking areas.

Indeed. I hope they all make it at Villa, but reality is that we're doing very well as an academty if only 2 or 3 do, and it looks like Chuk and JPB are the current 2 and I'd say Kesler and A.Ramsey are next in the pecking order.

Archer has also jumped above Barry in the attacking areas.

I would also have Brad Young ahead of Barry.

I think Barry is considered a better prospect than Brad Young as Barry was playing in the age group above Brad despite being half a year younger. But of course players develop at different ages and it seems like Archer is potentially now ahead of them both. I think Barry has fantastic potential but needs to be carefully managed.

Louie seems a very level headed lad but all this hype can't help long term. He's got to read it and think why am I at Ipswich and Chuck is on the first-team bench. It could spur him on or it could have the opposite effect.
Kesler is the next most likely to make it as he's smashing it at Swindon

He has that edge to him ,probably not the skillset of Barry, but that sheer bloody mindedness that could make all the difference. I'd say personally, whenever I've watched our youth games, he's the one who stood out alongside the usual names.

I think Barry is considered a better prospect than Brad Young as Barry was playing in the age group above Brad despite being half a year younger. But of course players develop at different ages and it seems like Archer is potentially now ahead of them both. I think Barry has fantastic potential but needs to be carefully managed.
And Archer is all the better for his loan period. Let things run their course before making judgements. He'll either come back to us an improved player or he won't but he still has time on his side. Vardy, Marez, Ian Wright, Gary Mabbut all were late bloomers from non-league. Just give the lad some space and time.

And Archer is all the better for his loan period. Let things run their course before making judgements. He'll either come back to us an improved player or he won't but he still has time on his side. Vardy, Marez, Ian Wright, Gary Mabbut all were late bloomers from non-league. Just give the lad some space and time.

Yep. Archer's stats from his lone period weren't impressive, but the manager saw enough in him to extend the loan to a full season. Can't wait to see what he'll do for us now; think he's the most natural finisher of all our young players and gets his positioning right as well.

Give Barry the season. Ipswich are in a mess at the moment.

Barry has plenty of talent. That Ipswich team is a hot mess at the moment and more established pros than Louie Barry would struggle in that environment.

The under 23s currently beating the baggies 2-1. Aaron Ramsey and Caleb Chukwuemeka with the goals. The average age of the team is just under 18. A far cry from just a couple of years ago when it was full of lads in their early 20s who'd never played league football.

The under 23s currently beating the baggies 2-1. Aaron Ramsey and Caleb Chukwuemeka with the goals. The average age of the team is just under 18. A far cry from just a couple of years ago when it was full of lads in their early 20s who'd never played league football.
Yes, and most of our good u23's are either in the first team or out on loan playing in the lower leagues. So basically our youth team are playing u23's now

Who was wearing number 7? The turn for the fourth goal was a thing of beauty. Someone asked this a few pages ago, wonder if it’s the same player?

As for Louie Barry, names like Harry Forrester come to mind. I suspect he’s in that bracket, as the reality is as deano says, only a few make it. I don’t think people understand the level of elite you need to be to make it at the top of the game, it’s one in a million.