Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

These lads will do well up to the full England team but I suspect that Safegate (with his perceived anti Villa bias) will then quietly ignore them all until they get transfers to a London or Manchester club.
😱 surely that sort of thing doesn't happen!!! Not seen any recent examples 🙈🤷‍♂️

Yes, it will be very interesting to see where some of these kids are in 5 years time.

I've watched Barry a few times, granted only on AVTV at u23 level and he's already been shunted to the wings as he's not big enough for a CF. He really doesn't look that good and is already behind Chukwumeka and the Ramsey boys not to mention JPB, he does, however, have a year or two on his side compared with all but Chuk.
We all hope they make it but, normally they don't, if they are lucky they'll have a career like Barry Bannan or better still Marc Albrighton (thanks Lambert)

Ipswich changed their ENTIRE squad this close season, so I expect the manager is working through a few things!

I've often said this, but with our close connections with Walsall why don't we use them like a feeder club? Only down the road so easy to keep tabs on their progress, plus they usually try to play football unlike some of the lower leagues kick and rush, long ball tactics. Always seen it as a wasted opportunity

Louie Barry starts for Ipswich tonight. Unfortunately its in the EFL cup vs West Ham under 23s. But a good performance and maybe a goal could get him a start at the weekend perhaps. Ipswich are struggling badly and are yet to win this season so I can't understand why he's not been given more of a go there.

Louie Barry starts for Ipswich tonight. Unfortunately its in the EFL cup vs West Ham under 23s. But a good performance and maybe a goal could get him a start at the weekend perhaps. Ipswich are struggling badly and are yet to win this season so I can't understand why he's not been given more of a go there.
Apparently he had a stinker and was hauled off after 65 minutes. Think there are concerns about his physicality and a question mark whether he’s more suited to a wide or central position

No I don’t .

Sadly you seem to think you have a bright idea about a youth team player being better off training than involved in matches .
I think at this stage of his development and as he can’t get a look in at league 1 he would maybe be better off developing under the close guidance of the villa coaches, at least in the short term.

I think we know he has the technique but it’s his small stature which will hold him back and being overlooked because of that in loan spells in the lower leagues isn’t helping him or us. At some point he does need real experience but at the moment I think he needs to have coaches developing him for the long term so he can step into a senior set up later on when/if his physicality is viewed as less of a liability.

To be honest I was a bit surprised he got his chance in league 1 which is the highest out of this batch of youngsters (excluding the couple who are now around the first team) as I felt he was further away from the senior side than some of the others.

Lionel Messi is small in stature. Louis Barry has to find a way to compete against the lumps in league one. That's why he was sent there, it's part of his footballing education. Just let him be for a while, he'll either find a way to be effective or he'll not have a future in professional football.