Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

With Aston Villa Academy starlet, Carney Chukwuemeka, continuing to progress brilliantly this season and making real strides in his performance levels and development, we've all seen some of the mental speculation being peddled in some sections of the media when it comes to his future.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...favourite-thinks-starlet-has-a-bright-future/
Really hope we can keep hold of him, looks a real prospect. If he's as good as they keep saying publicly that he is, can understand he will get his head turned when he sees the likes of Bellingham getting game time in Germany

We will. He'll be around the first team squad more regularly next year, probably starting in the cup. As will Philogene-Bidace as he seems to be the other stand out from that group.

We will. He'll be around the first team squad more regularly next year, probably starting in the cup. As will Philogene-Bidace as he seems to be the other stand out from that group.
I still don't get this 'softly, softly' approach to getting youngsters into the team - Greenwood is 19 and has 60+ PL games and seems to look the part. Now is the time to play them for experience when there is no pressure games as such. You only get PL experience by playing in the PL.

I still don't get this 'softly, softly' approach to getting youngsters into the team - Greenwood is 19 and has 60+ PL games and seems to look the part. Now is the time to play them for experience when there is no pressure games as such. You only get PL experience by playing in the PL.

They have the luxury of playing in a team surrounded by world class players though. If one youngsters having a stinker they've still got Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani, Pogba etc to shoulder the load. Even more so with someone like Foden. Personally I'd be giving the youngsters more of a chance especially as we're safe now but I'm not the one who is going to be sacked if things go badly and fans start asking "whys he playing some kid instead of AEG/Traore/Barkley/Mcginn/Luiz"

They have the luxury of playing in a team surrounded by world class players though. If one youngsters having a stinker they've still got Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani, Pogba etc to shoulder the load. Even more so with someone like Foden. Personally I'd be giving the youngsters more of a chance especially as we're safe now but I'm not the one who is going to be sacked if things go badly and fans start asking "whys he playing some kid instead of AEG/Traore/Barkley/Mcginn/Luiz"

The moaning has already started about Ramsey and he's obviously the best of the youngsters

I wouldn't agree that Ramsey is obviously the best of the youngsters, he's just the oldest of the good ones, that's why he was promoted first.

I'd say there are atleast 4 in the u23s better than Ramsey but are just a year or 3 behind in their development.

I wouldn't agree that Ramsey is obviously the best of the youngsters, he's just the oldest of the good ones, that's why he was promoted first.

I'd say there are atleast 4 in the u23s better than Ramsey but are just a year or 3 behind in their development.
Hope you are right. Because if he's the best.....

Hope you are right. Because if he's the best.....
Well what's the odds on 5 kids making the Villa first team, all in the same couple of years? Pretty slim I'd say and as the older Ramsey made his debut at 17 and has been pushed forwards by Dean, I'd say he's ahead of his younger brother who may be better. All good kids but some won't have the right attitude or toughness.
out of the last batch tipped to make it I think the stand out one was O'Hare by a mile , he's at Coventry now in the Championship, the rest are floundering around on the bench at lower league clubs. RHM is playing in Cyprus

I get we've all seen this new batch in the u23's and youth team and we have a couple of outstanding kids in Chuck and Barry.
To put it into perspective Leeds pissed the u23 league with their kids team, Villa finished about midtable, they have some good kids too, and so does every team in the PL, Liverpool's star 17-year-old is playing for Blackburn, not fecking Weymouth or Solihull moors
We have to take a step back here from the hype, yes we might get John Gidman and Brian Little, or Gary Shaw or Sid Cowans Lee Hendrie or even a Jack Grealish but the chances of them all coming from the same age groups and the same time are pretty bloody slim.

Yes , get what you are saying Gordon but Weston and Exeter are much nearer the same levels than Villa and Weymouth. If he'd dropped down and gone to a championship club at 20 years old, I'd say he may have a chance.
I honestly can see any of the 20+year-olds who haven't been training with the first team being kept on beyond their contracts. Villa will do the best they can to find them a club or at least I hope they will. Much as we'd like to keep some until they are 23, I think the policy is now to move all but the very select on at 21 or less.

I know we all like to think our youth players are a cut above but they really aren't, just yet. Chelsea man U and city Liverpool etc still cream off the top lads , we will get there but I don't think we are there yet. Every club needs cannon fodder to make up a team for the elite kid to play in. It's a horrible game when not even one per intake makes the grade
I used to watch Weymouth play sometimes and a quick reminder that whilst I can confirm they are utter garbage, Shaun Teale played for them when he was 24....

Well what's the odds on 5 kids making the Villa first team, all in the same couple of years? Pretty slim I'd say and as the older Ramsey made his debut at 17 and has been pushed forwards by Dean, I'd say he's ahead of his younger brother who may be better. All good kids but some won't have the right attitude or toughness.
out of the last batch tipped to make it I think the stand out one was O'Hare by a mile , he's at Coventry now in the Championship, the rest are floundering around on the bench at lower league clubs. RHM is playing in Cyprus

I get we've all seen this new batch in the u23's and youth team and we have a couple of outstanding kids in Chuck and Barry.
To put it into perspective Leeds pissed the u23 league with their kids team, Villa finished about midtable, they have some good kids too, and so does every team in the PL, Liverpool's star 17-year-old is playing for Blackburn, not fecking Weymouth or Solihull moors
We have to take a step back here from the hype, yes we might get John Gidman and Brian Little, or Gary Shaw or Sid Cowans Lee Hendrie or even a Jack Grealish but the chances of them all coming from the same age groups and the same time are pretty bloody slim.

I agree with you in principle. I've said before that our record of bringing youth playuers through is pretty pathetic. Davis, Cahill, Gabby and Jack are probvably the only 4 who really 'made it' from the past 20 years.

O'Hare never looked ready to me. He had skill but was too small and always lacked confidence. i.e. in the chances he had he looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

The advantage of the current crop (Kesler and Chuk in particular) is that they look like strong, confident boys, as well as being top footballers. They don't look out of place at all when involved with the first team. I think these 2 (and possible Philogene-Bidace who I've seen less of but seems primed) will be the next thorugh. Young Ramsey and Barry may have to wait a year or two longer.

I think we also miss the point with "make it " I'd actually forgotten Davis and Cahill as they went on to make it elsewhere due to that little egotistical twat Mon.
Then I think of Kesler, is he going to oust Cash? or is he going to end up getting frustrated in a year or two? He actually played as a winger for the u18 and a lad call Oppiah or something played right-back against Newcastle and he too looked very good. Kesler seems very highly thought of by Dean Smith as does Ramsey who is already getting stick for not being the next Jack Grealish.
Jack is the best talent to come through in my lifetime and expecting the rest to be that level is going to leave us all underwhelmed.

We are getting there though forking out £1m for the lad from Exeter and a potential £3m for Louie Barry, certainly be interesting to see if they come through, Like Gareth Barry or Micheal Standing. Standing being the better of the two when he signed

I do agree with some of the comments being made, but I do think there has been a transformation across the premier league in the quality of their youth set ups. Arsenal have a few youngsters in their first team, Chelsea do, Man U do, Leicester too. Look at the England senior side, it’s full of kids. I think the youth set ups are far more professionally managed and geared towards technical ability rather than maybe 10+ years ago when it was still about physicality and managed by has-been ex players from the 70’s like that Macdonald bloke who was around here for years before being sacked for bullying

It's always going to be difficult. As we raise the bar for the first team so we raise the bar for the youth to get into the first team.

But I think we're going about it the right way. First of all we're taking recruitment seriously; we're looking for talent which fits in with the sort of way we want to play. Then we're developing that talent with a view to where we want the club to go. And finally players are getting the opportunity to train with the first team at an early age.

It's not all about development or about talent. Players need something extra; call it arrogance if you like. Belief in themselves. Being able to influence games. Jack had it in abundance.

Good luck to you Villa boys tonight:utv:

"Aston Villa have prepared well and are ready to take on West Bromwich Albion for a place in the FA Youth Cup final at Villa Park on Friday night.

That was the message from Lead PDP U18 Coach Sean Verity ahead of the semi-final tilt, which will be shown live on BT Sport from 5:30pm.

Verity has been impressed with the application of the Young Lions and believes they are ready to keep shining on the big stage."

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Fully-prepared-Villa-set-for-FA-Youth-Cup-semi-final-showdown/