Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Philo is 19 now and too old for the youth team so it may be loan time?
Maybe, but it'd be good to see him blooded by a first team sub appearance before season's end and see if he can mix it. I know it's common practice for Prem clubs to develop their youngsters by loaning them out but wouldn't it be cool as all hell if Carney or JPD burst on the scene like Rooney did back in the day.

Maybe, but it'd be good to see him blooded by a first team sub appearance before season's end and see if he can mix it. I know it's common practice for Prem clubs to develop their youngsters by loaning them out but wouldn't it be cool as all hell if Carney or JPD burst on the scene like Rooney did back in the day.
I have my doubts they'll be bursting anywhere unless Bert and Elghazi get injured or suspended

DS's willingness to give Ramsey a shot gives me hope. Vassilev was getting on the pitch before going out on loan as well so I don't think he's reluctant to play the youth specifically but just prefers an established first 11.

DS's willingness to give Ramsey a shot gives me hope. Vassilev was getting on the pitch before going out on loan as well so I don't think he's reluctant to play the youth specifically but just prefers an established first 11.

Yes, I know but he sent him out to Doncaster last season and he did really well hence him not going out again and getting game time. I think Rasmey has done really well, he is certainly a player who regards the ball as a friend and not a hot potato which is good.

Yes, I know but he sent him out to Doncaster last season and he did really well hence him not going out again and getting game time. I think Rasmey has done really well, he is certainly a player who regards the ball as a friend and not a hot potato which is good.
Yep, Ramsey is neat and tidy, nothing earth shattering but nothing to say he can't make it. Hopefully more to come from him.

I think you've answered your own question, more bull click bate, he's on a 3-year deal I believe Like Louie Barry that automatically carries in when he hits 18.
Is he not able to move for a minimum fee before he is 18 with the club not being able to do anything about it?

Is he not able to move for a minimum fee before he is 18 with the club not being able to do anything about it?
No idea but why bother with contracts? Bellingham went for 30m, I doubt Dortmund would pay that if he could move for a minimum fee.

Chukwuemeka and several of the other youngsters have signed new contracts very recently with the idea that they'll be involved with the first team more next season. But obviously if there's a chance to slag off Smith it needs to be taken.

Looked good against Newcastle but league football is a different level. Defenders can defend.

I think DS wants a good end to the season, as a springboard to next season. He won't prejudice that, so it depends on how matches are playing out.

Looked good against Newcastle but league football is a different level. Defenders can defend.

I think DS wants a good end to the season, as a springboard to next season. He won't prejudice that, so it depends on how matches are playing out.
yep not many 17-year-olds playing in the PL I don't think. I doubt there are any?

Chukwuemeka and several of the other youngsters have signed new contracts very recently with the idea that they'll be involved with the first team more next season. But obviously if there's a chance to slag off Smith it needs to be taken.
I’m not slagging off Smith, I’m quoting an article headline..
And if that wasn’t a dig at me you have my sincere apologies.

yep not many 17-year-olds playing in the PL I don't think. I doubt there are any?

It only happens if the team are truly shit and the manager is desperate or if the lad in question is obviously special. Bellingham got into blues first team because they were shit, he's definitely potentially a special player and they're at a lower level. Lets not forget that at 18 Jack was on loan at Notts County in league 1 and he's not done too badly. Chukwuemaka, Phillange-Bidace and the others wouldn't have signed new deals if they weren't confident of getting a chance.

I’m not slagging off Smith, I’m quoting an article headline..
And if that wasn’t a dig at me you have my sincere apologies.

It was more the article seemed to be trying to have a pop at the manager/coaching staff.