Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Why would he be tempted away?

Chukwuemeka is going nowhere.

He better not be. Not been this impressed with a Villa academy player since a 16 year old Grealish a good 9 years ago. This lad has everything to make it to the top. We need to convince him that there is a ready made path to the first team for him if he continues on this trajectory.

Watching the game on YouTube you can’t be but impressed with Chuk the lad was absolutely everywhere, still felt like it was 80% of his ability, no real urgency to give it everything, impressed with the lads pressing overall, sloppy balls being thrown around but it’s as to be expected at this level.

I liked the lads trying skills and tricks to get past players, might not pull off right now but will probably give them heaps of confidence when it does.

Fortunately for Newcastle Aaron Ramsey wasn’t playing.

Article in The Athletic today saying that the club have explicitly offered Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace a route to the first team. I can't wait to see them get on the pitch for the seniors - most exciting thing seeing a youngster's debut.

Both have already been on the bench, its only a matter of time before they're getting on the pitch even if only for a few minutes. Chukwuemaka looks tall as well which is a change from the tiny lads we usually seem to have populating our youth teams. He'll be a proper beast when he's fully grown.

I think next season you will see the likes of A.Ramsey, Philogene-Bidace, Kesler and Chuk on the bench regularly.

I know there's a clamour for Louie Barry but he still seems someway behind those mentioned above for me.

I think next season you will see the likes of A.Ramsey, Philogene-Bidace, Kesler and Chuk on the bench regularly.

I know there's a clamour for Louie Barry but he still seems someway behind those mentioned above for me.
Yep, I've been saying this for months there are several players way ahead of Barry and anyone watching these kids last night should have noticed that.
I think half of those clamouring for Barry have never watched him before or since he scored against Liverpool. His time will come but now is not his time l

Article in The Athletic today saying that the club have explicitly offered Chukwuemeka and Philogene-Bidace a route to the first team. I can't wait to see them get on the pitch for the seniors - most exciting thing seeing a youngster's debut.

Philo is 19 now and too old for the youth team so it may be loan time?