Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 145 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

I have noticed our U21s have had a couple of batterings lately by Spurs and Chelsea, I think this indicates that whilst we are dreaming of our kids coming through we are still behind other clubs or at the very least other clubs have players just as good if not better than we have.
All clubs have their best u21s in the first team or out on loan so the kids still at the clubs are a bit of an indication of the strength of what is left.
I don't think it prices that at all. We're blooding 15,16 and 17 year olds.

Results aren't important at that level really but blooding young players is a great strategy I think.

I see we beat Coventry 3-1 in the Bham senior cup final. Wilson scored one. About time he signed the 5 year contract that Villa offered. I will treat the better half to a ticket to the final..
Edit, Wilson got 2, Borland the other. Borland is very highly rated as well. 16 I think.

Last edited:
I see we beat Coventry 3-1 in the Bham senior cup final. Wilson scored one. About time he signed the 5 year contract that Villa offered. I will treat the better half to a ticket to the final..
He surely will - Wilson would be an absolute clown if he didn’t. Working with Emery and his team along with a serious contract - having said that he could take the Chuckwemba route, hope the makes the sensible decision.

I don't think it prices that at all. We're blooding 15,16 and 17 year olds.

Results aren't important at that level really but blooding young players is a great strategy I think.
I agree but I was pointing out all clubs do it, Villa were a bit late on the uptake. I think it was Purslow who got Villa into it and started shifting out the 21/22-year-old players who should be in the first team or out the door rather than playing in a reserve league making us look good, when in fact they were playing 18-year-olds from the bigger clubs.
So our better kids now play u21 at 18 and the 16-year-olds are playing u18 the best of the kids are out on loan or in the 1st team squad.

I've said it before but the fact that Stefan Moore, who was the first player younger than I was at the time to play for Villa has a son that could quite possibly get a start for us in the next year or so is a real killer to my notion that I'm not an old man now.
Stay in denial mate, you could definitely still get a game if you wanted :thumbup:

Stay in denial mate, you could definitely still get a game if you wanted :thumbup:

I think the moment that truly opened my eyes was that grizzled veteran who could barely move Mile Jedinak was a few months younger than me thus there was no player older than me in the squad. I was bloody delighted when Ashley Young re signed.