Youth cup at OT | Vital Football

Youth cup at OT

loudmouthblue

Vital Football Hero
The u18s FA youth cup v Man Utd time and date has been announced, Friday 28th February at Old Trafford with a 7.00pm kick off with Free entry to the game. We are running a coach, leaving Wigan at 4:30 pm picking up central Wigan likely to be near the DW, if anyone is interested let me know by PM the more we can get supporting the lads the cheaper it will be. Just got the quote back the cost will be £12 per person.

Last edited:
Been on my own I would have jumped at that but we now have 4 defo's with a possible 5th. All in a car methinks...shame that I do miss the coach experience.

The u18s FA youth cup v Man Utd time and date has been announced, Friday 28th February at Old Trafford with a 7.00pm kick off with Free entry to the game. We are running a coach, leaving Wigan at 4:30 pm picking up central Wigan likely to be near the DW, if anyone is interested let me know by PM the more we can get supporting the lads the cheaper it will be. Just got the quote back the cost will be £12 per person.

Prob going by car as were in Ashton....but nice to see someone organising something..👍

I'd like to know, how many going to Old Trafford have been to any other Youth Cup games this season, and/or are going to West Brom the day after?

Seems like folk are jumping on the band wagon again!

That may well be true Norm ....... but so what. If it helps the kids, the bigger bandwagon, the better.

Those "kids" have got were they are without bandwagon bastards who are only interested in a piss up around Manchester and a couple of hours at Old Trafford, pisses me right off!

Probably take more there than to WBA the day after!

To be fair Norm it isn’t much of a dilemma. A lengthy afternoon session in Manchester on a Friday with free entry to game to watch our promising youngsters. Or watching another Cook masterclass in Birmingham the day after (okay some beltin pubs there I concede). Tough one..

To be fair Norm it isn’t much of a dilemma. A lengthy afternoon session in Manchester on a Friday with free entry to game to watch our promising youngsters. Or watching another Cook masterclass in Birmingham the day after (okay some beltin pubs there I concede). Tough one..

You know my opinion of you full well, but some days even you says just the right thing

If the game was being played anywhere else but Old Trafford there would be no coach trips etc, not many are that interested in the youth set up you only have to look at the attendances. (even though fans want them to do well)

The attraction is the venue not the fixture no matter how promising our youngsters are.

I'd like to know, how many going to Old Trafford have been to any other Youth Cup games this season, and/or are going to West Brom the day after?

I'm considering going, but only because I finish work in Manchester at 5pm...and its also payday.

If the game was being played anywhere else but Old Trafford there would be no coach trips etc, not many are that interested in the youth set up you only have to look at the attendances. (even though fans want them to do well)

The attraction is the venue not the fixture no matter how promising our youngsters are.

Little do you know, we discussed the evening we beat birmingham about taking a coach wherever it was played as we thought people may fancy showing support to our kids in such a big game and to make sure that something was offered to get them there, the people going may not have seen youth teams before but will be latics fans, it won't be JCL's turning up just to see an empty Old Trafford.

ps why do you try to turn every positive into a negative

Damn right I am. With word starting to spread fast and free entry, we won’t have that far off 1000 there. The club should try to sort out an allocated section for away fans.

I just hope Gelhardt plays as I imagine he would probably be the difference between a loss and a possible win.

Norm I went to the U23's v Liverpool at Chorley the other month, does that count, will it be ok to go or will I just be another 'band wagon jumper' 😉 asking for a friend anol!!

Damn right I am. With word starting to spread fast and free entry, we won’t have that far off 1000 there. The club should try to sort out an allocated section for away fans.

I just hope Gelhardt plays as I imagine he would probably be the difference between a loss and a possible win.

Personally I would be happier if "Joffy" was a shoe in for the first team on the Saturday and not playing on Friday.

Whichever happens, and despite Norm, I will be there.

Great for the players and fans the game is at Old Trafford and free entry. I think more will go to that than West Brom and Reading combined.The only issue is with Reading on the Wed and West Brom on the Saturday whether Joffy plays or not.It would be a real shame if he misses this game,but he is also needed in our 1st team squad with the poor form of our attacking players.
Maybe some sort of compromise can be reached that he can play 45 mins Vs Reading, 45 mins at OT and be on the bench for a 20 minute cameo if needed at West Brom.
I can't see Cook starting Joffy at West Brom,so he could play some part at OT.

Personally I would be happier if "Joffy" was a shoe in for the first team on the Saturday and not playing on Friday.

Whichever happens, and despite Norm, I will be there.
He’s not starting against West Brom. In fact I don’t think he’ll even get on the pitch. It’ll be Leeds repeated, ten behind the ball and no one within 50 yards of Kieffer Moore.

He’s helped get the youth team here, they are now within three games of a historic trophy and one that we as a club may never get this close to again. Paul Cook has done enough damage with the senior team, he can fuck off if he thinks he can ruin the youth team’s hopes as well. Gelhardt has to play.

I'd be very surprised if we see Joffy for this game. He'll be in the squad for WBA and unlikely to be risked. Having a full strength squad for the league is much much more important than an FA Youth Cup run.

Just arrived at OT n met Sharpey in Hotel Football - he says Geldhart not playing ( injured). Had good chat with him n he says he def misses the club.