Youth - U23 - Loans Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

Youth - U23 - Loans Thread

Good spot pal, no idea why it came up as new news then, bloody BirminghamLive shite bumping their own old articles, although 2 years on he’ll be at 16 be interesting to see where exactly his progress is at.
I know mate I have done it myself with that lot then someone points out its old news
And they call it Birmingham LIVE.

I remember the good old days when the reserves played down villa park when the first team were away and our ST got us in free into the Trinity which was the only stand open, even used to get a teamsheet on the turnstile.
Yep the old Central League. Used to to teh first team one week then the reserves next. Never missed a match.

That article is from the 6th Aug 2019. ?
Kane Taylor has started 5 games for Citeh U18s this season and been subbed in three of those games after 12, 28 and 36 minutes. He has a further 3 substitute appearances and he's a left back - not a lot of people know that!

Make your own minds up, but he's still got a lot to prove.

Probably sink and never to be heard of. Happy with £100k+

He’s currently playing in their under 18’s Man City beating everyone in their region, obviously not our boys though, he’s a left back, no international call ups though.

It’s a shame but shows it was 2 years ago, wouldn’t happen now.

I remember the last 'hot talent' we lost. Everyone was crying at the time. It was Arsenal who poached a then 16 year old Dan Crowley from us.

Forward on 7 years, he's had loans at Barnsley and Oxford plus a stint in Holland. He then signed for Blues and I believe they have just released him.

Basically he ended up being shit. Chances are same will come of this guy who went to man City.

I remember the last 'hot talent' we lost. Everyone was crying at the time. It was Arsenal who poached a then 16 year old Dan Crowley from us.

Forward on 7 years, he's had loans at Barnsley and Oxford plus a stint in Holland. He then signed for Blues and I believe they have just released him.

Basically he ended up being shit. Chances are same will come of this guy who went to man City.
Not that we are a bitter lot like :wagging:

The majority of kids don't make it, due to many things, a lack of ability not being the top one. Mentality being the top one, for every James Milner there are 1000's of Rushian Hepburn Murphys.

I read somewhere yesterday that Ben Chrisene is the one all the youth players rate, the lad we paid £1m? for last year from Exeter. Scored the opener in the youth cup final but along with Aaron Ramsey has been injured recently hence neither playing the whole 90.
Ben doesn't seem to get a mention either with the clamour for Chukwumeka

The majority of kids don't make it, due to many things, a lack of ability not being the top one. Mentality being the top one, for every James Milner there are 1000's of Rushian Hepburn Murphys.

For sure, I had a look at the whereabouts of our youth team that won the Champions league just now. Only Grealish and Callum Robinson have done anything of note. A Lot of them don't even seem to be kicking a ball now.

A bit depressing to read, but if anyone is interested:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bi...ston-villa-news-grealish-chelsea-11582956.amp

Apparently he's got a shocker of an attitude.

Bit of realism needed around our youth teams I think .

We will be hugely lucky if even one from the youth cup win the other night makes it with us.
I suppose the only possible difference is that we are buying youth players for actual money this time round. I'd be surprised to see Barry playing for Shamrock Rovers in four or five years time. Doesn't mean he'll be a star, but I think we and other clubs are being more intelligent in sourcing and preparing them now.

I actually had an ex Villa boys lad work with me back in the 90s he was released when Graham Turner took over so he'd have been a young lad and in his 20's when he worked with me. He played football with us at Lunchtimes over cofton park. He was better than me but so are most people but we had blokes far better than him, it was quite shocking how ordinary he was.