Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 11 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

Are you sure? I thought chlorination was not allowed. Granted, many other pesticides and poor animal husbandry practices probably persist in some (unscrupulous) places, but not chlorination .........I think.
The chicken isn't chlorinated, but the reason why it might not be healthy when using chlorination/why the EU banned it is probably not what you think.

The EU banned it because chlorination is done at the end of processing (in the USA) and the EU believe if it was adooted, businesses may cut corners during the processing because they know the chlorination is being done at the end and therefore it's safe to cut corners / treat chicken in an unsanitary way.

The chicken isn't chlorinated, but the reason why it might not be healthy when using chlorination/why the EU banned it is probably not what you think.

The EU banned it because chlorination is done at the end of processing (in the USA) and the EU believe if it was adooted, businesses may cut corners during the processing because they know the chlorination is being done at the end and therefore it's safe to cut corners / treat chicken in an unsanitary way.

I know that. I didn't say it was itself chlorinated. The chlorination is required because they have less stringent hygiene standards. That's why I mentioned the animal husbandry.

It's still wrong.

I'm sure that some (a tiny minority?) may be, but as Hampton says, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
It's likely the same way both ways. People are tribal and society will always have divides, in my opinion the BLM stuff is dragging things backwards in the UK and the USA, mainly because of the politician aims and the useful idiots it's dragging along (as with all political movements!)

I know that. I didn't say it was itself chlorinated. The chlorination is required because they have less stringent hygiene standards. That's why I mentioned the animal husbandry.

It's still wrong.
It's not because they have less stringent hygiene, it's because it could lead to the meat being treated in a less hygienic way, in the EU's opinion.

It's not because they have less stringent hygiene, it's because it could lead to the meat being treated in a less hygienic way, in the EU's opinion.

Eh? I'm not sure I get that.

My understanding is that the chlorination is required to ensure that any bacteria/disease/parasites/etc are fully killed off, as due to the way they've been reared, they can't be guaranteed to be free of those things.

If I'm wrong, I hold my hand up, I'm following the line of UK farmers.

Eh? I'm not sure I get that.

My understanding is that the chlorination is required to ensure that any bacteria/disease/parasites/etc are fully killed off, as due to the way they've been reared, they can't be guaranteed to be free of those things.

If I'm wrong, I hold my hand up, I'm following the line of UK farmers.
Found a nice edu based link to try and be rid of bias (won't happen) https://www.ed.ac.uk/roslin/news-events/blog/welfare-concerns-raised-over-chlorinated-chicken.

I've dragged this thread way off target!

back on topic I don't see how any group protesting a protest, no matter what the issue should be disallowed or labelled any type of ist or ism. UK already has huge freedom of speech and expression problems and this shows how deep it goes.

Doesn't chance my point that 99% of those that are vociferously against kneeling that I have seen are white - it's for black players to decide and nobody else. Again the overwhelming majority of them are supportive of it, and that's really all that matters. There's nothing 'left-wing' or political about kneeling, nor does it have anything to do with Black Lives Matter since it's been a practice for years. Colin Kaepernick kneeled before 'BLM' was popularised in the NFL a few years ago and was vilified in the exact same way. 'Black power' salutes are not on their own racist, because that would imply that black and white people possess the same power and are of the same influence in society, which historically and statistically they are not to this day. Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Peter Norman were vilified for a similar act in 1968 at the Olympics and had their careers destroyed only for people to eventually realise they were right - it's hardly a new thing.

I just don't get the fuss over something that doesn't adversely affect anyone in any way, shape or form yet clearly means a lot to those doing the gesture. Kick it Out is a organisation that has been 'seen and not heard' for years, so it's no wonder so many black players think greater action is needed. Plenty of other sports and leagues have done similar for months without issue, yet it only seems to be football where there's controversy. Many of the same people I saw blowing a gasket over that Edward Colston statue being pulled down because of its supposed 'educational value' then kicked up a fuss at the idea of British slavery and colonialism being taught to kids in schools for instance, and it seems to be the same people trotting out the 'it achieves nothing' argument here who would no doubt be opposed to more diversity programs being introduced in schools and the workplace or any material anti-racist changes.

You mention Latics players being racially abused at games, I haven't personally heard any, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. No doubt if you were to ask black players including those who play and have played for our club they'd tell you countless stories of dealing with it in and outside of stadiums - there's countless who've spoken about it in detail if you go looking for it. Emile Heskey's autobiography discusses it at great length. You also only have to look on YouTube and news sites to find examples of overt racism happening at football games up and down the country every other week in the last few years.

I also have to question why, if the anti-kneeling movement isn't in any way racist, why do so many open, overt racists gravitate to it - Paul Golding (formerly of the BNP) was down at the Millwall ground today handing out Britain First leaflets for example.

Hudds, how do you know the 'overwhelming majority of players are supportive of it' ??
IMO think are fair few of the 'overwhelming majority' of players are bowing to peer pressure, media pressure & image pressure.
Remember the Suarez / Evra debacle where at the DW Stadium all the Liverpool players wore the infamous t-shirts. Years later the likes of Carrager etc stated that it was wrong but they bowed to dressing / peer pressure. I'd think in a few years time if they asked players what they thought of taking the knee all those years ago you may well find that the 'overwhelming majority' may say the same as Carrager 🤔

If that's what you took from it fair enough. "basically supports exactly what I was saying" says it all for me!
Hold on. You're making out that I'm spinning something here.

You started off by (I think) assuming I thought that chlorination was in itself harmful. In return, I said I understood that it was simply a way of killing bacteria ets in the birds as a result of them being reared in less hygienic conditions than would be found in the EU.

The article you linked says exactly that.

If you think it counters what I was saying, then please, point it out.

Absolute rubbish - If James McClean got pelters from Wigan fans or a lack of support from the club itself I hardly think he would be minded together with his wife to donate a substantial amount to the SC fund do you ?
Didn't say it was his own fans did I?

If they're not political, why do they want to defund the Police...???
And before you start bellyaching that they don't ...Check their Manifesto 😉

McClean didn't get pelters for not wearing a Poppy, he got pelters for turning his back during the Last Post & 2 minute silence.
At the end of the day, it's his choice, but having said that, he must also remember where he's earning his coin.
if he hated the UK that much, he wouldn't be playing here... 👍

You really do have much to learn... :shake:
Defunding the police is quite an interesting point. Have you seen the spending budgets for the police? The redirection of money needs to change. That's what they meant.

If your attitude is "if you don't like it move away" then I feel you don't really understand at all.

Hold on. You're making out that I'm spinning something here.

You started off by (I think) assuming I thought that chlorination was in itself harmful. In return, I said I understood that it was simply a way of killing bacteria ets in the birds as a result of them being reared in less hygienic conditions than would be found in the EU.

The article you linked says exactly that.

If you think it counters what I was saying, then please, point it out.
Exactly or basically? It cannot be both

Defunding the police is quite an interesting point. Have you seen the spending budgets for the police? The redirection of money needs to change. That's what they meant.

If your attitude is "if you don't like it move away" then I feel you don't really understand at all.
They advocated defunding the police while rioting. Seems a strange way to prove they don't need police. Unless they, by merit of doing things wrong werent BLM. Convenient!