Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 7 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

It really isn't ludicrous.
Taking the knee in this country is a political statement.
BLM are now a political party.

Politics has no place in Football...
BLM aren’t a political party. That’s what is ludicrous.
Is wearing a poppy political?
Football and sport in general is historically linked to politics.
But go off if you want

I had a read of the Millwall vital forum earlier. Makes for interesting reading and effectively they believe the club is heading for civil war over this as the fans won’t back down. They state the booing was down to the Blm organisation not because of any racism on their part.

People wanting Marcus Rashford to be the next PM... 🤔
Trust me, Racism in this country is nowhere near as bad as you think 👍

Like I said, if like me you are white & British I don't think that qualifies you to say how much racism (conscious & unconscious) that people from ethnic minorities experience are experiencing
Note at no point have I commented about how bad or not I think racism is in this country as, as richymac says I don't experience it

I had a read of the Millwall vital forum earlier. Makes for interesting reading and effectively they believe the club is heading for civil war over this as the fans won’t back down. They state the booing was down to the Blm organisation not because of any racism on their part.

Yet the players have clearly stated that they are not taking the knee to show support for the organisation & have clearly stated why they are doing it, so I genuinely don't understand the point of the people who booed at the weekend

If you wish to support the movement who do this with impunity - crack on but don't try and defend it.
"Kick it out" should be the vehicle used in football.
As for racism our "friends" in the EU have published reports consistently showing the UK to be amongst the least racist countries in Europe.
All the BLM bandwagoners should go spread their message in Poland, Hungary etc and see how that goes for them 34859236-8880583-image-a-5_1603725116821.jpg

Yet the players have clearly stated that they are not taking the knee to show support for the organisation & have clearly stated why they are doing it, so I genuinely don't understand the point of the people who booed at the weekend

People are entitled to their own opinions and they feel it’s synonymous with the organisation so they are booing it, whether the players are now saying it’s not because of that. ( I honestly don’t think most of them have a clue anyway) As I said the other day a new gesture could be thought up free of political connotations and then I think everyone would be happy.

As I said the other day a new gesture could be thought up free of political connotations and then I think everyone would be happy.

The Hokey Cokey? ................... Birdie Dance? ................. or how about walking onto the field doing a conga, or march of the mods?

:innocent:

I fail to understand the difference between people booing or supporters of a cause walking down the road chanting slogans . Surely they are both showing their displeasure at something they disagree with and yet those booing are being called racist. PC gone mad to me.

If you wish to support the movement who do this with impunity - crack on but don't try and defend it.
"Kick it out" should be the vehicle used in football.
As for racism our "friends" in the EU have published reports consistently showing the UK to be amongst the least racist countries in Europe.
All the BLM bandwagoners should go spread their message in Poland, Hungary etc and see how that goes for them View attachment 44050

It is not up to white people to decide what constitutes an acceptable form of anti-racism for black players to follow. If the overwhelming majority of black players - if not all of them - see taking the knee as the best course of action, it is clearly for good reason and that should be respected.

I think every game is too much.... it will soon begin to lose its effectiveness. Maybe continue with it, but only every now and again.

I’m not sure. The people of colour I know say they fee discriminated upon often. I’m a white person and as such will never feel that sort of intimidation in my home country.

Marxism has very little to do with this and seems like a poor way of describing anyone with a different point of view.

Anyway, we clearly will never agree but you do seem to be awfully worked up by what is essentially freedom of speech/action on both sides.
Yet, when people call BLM out for what they really are (an extreme Marxist group, thirsty for power) they are labelled "racist" :unsure:

Freedom of speech works both ways... 👍

But go off if you want
BLM UK have applied for political party status, so Yes, they are...

Poppies are not in the slightest bit political, they are simply a symbol of remembrance to all people who lost their lives during WW1 & WW2.

The fact I even need to explain that to you really does beggar belief... :shake:

I think every game is too much.... it will soon begin to lose its effectiveness. Maybe continue with it, but only every now and again.

Begin ???? ..it lost that ages ago.

Maybe once a year like we honour those who gave their lives defending our freedom.

But go off if you want

So we've been in the shit for months and no sign of you , then up you pop commenting on this garbage.

So we've been in the shit for months and no sign of you , then up you pop commenting on this garbage.
Pardon me, I didn't realise I had a post quota to fill...:unsure:

As for the "garbage" you say I spout... It must be closer to the truth than you care to admit, considering how defensive you've become ;)