Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 6 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

I think our woke media have just jumped on this as usual for their own ends. Every right minded individual supports booting racism out and whilst this gesture was ok to start with, it has now taken on a completely political emphasis and certainly nothing to do with football. It should have been stopped at the end of last season because now it is just infuriating many supporters and the black power salutes surely can’t be seen as anything other than political?

Taking the knee is just another pointless, cringeworthy and virtue signalling americanism's that has crept into British life.

There is a reason why they take the knee in America, and that's because race inequality is still as prevalent today as it was 80 years ago.

All taking the knee in the UK has done is set race relations back 50 years and undone all the hard & good work achieved in making this great land one of the most racially harmonious in the whole world.

And let's not forget, BLM, are a well organised and well funded Far Left group.

Taking the knee at a Football game today is akin to the athletes giving a Nazi salute at the 1936 Olympic Games...

The gesture is synonymous with the blm movement which is seeking to become a political party with objectives most in this country won’t support. The booing was aimed at this, not against anti racism. Given the reaction it’s clear this nuance is beyond the media, or is something they are fearful of acknowledging. Perhaps a different, none political anti racism gesture could be introduced and used periodically to both reinforce the message and avoid this controversy.
Yep - like kick it out which IMO was doing the job well before BLM became the latest woke bandwagon.
Question - when did anyone on here last hear a racist comment at a Latics game ?

Taking the knee is just another pointless, cringeworthy and virtue signalling americanism's that has crept into British life.

There is a reason why they take the knee in America, and that's because race inequality is still as prevalent today as it was 80 years ago.

All taking the knee in the UK has done is set race relations back 50 years and undone all the hard & good work achieved in making this great land one of the most racially harmonious in the whole world.

And let's not forget, BLM, are a well organised and well funded Far Left group.

Taking the knee at a Football game today is akin to the athletes giving a Nazi salute at the 1936 Olympic Games...
One thing this country most certainly isn't is racially harmonious.

One thing this country most certainly isn't is racially harmonious
Football with 'Kick it Out' has at least been doing something to promote cultures/races overcoming prejudices and differences but indeed your statement is 100% correct.

The BLM movement could be said to be stirring up the pot and destroying all the hard work that has been put in, in the ways they have worked.
This knee taking is something the football authorities have allowed.
A message and reminder from time to time is very good but after a while it becomes more than a message.
On the subject of a racially harmonious country, are there any countries anywhere that are that we and the rest of the world should be modeling ourselves on?

Far Left (Communism) / Far Right (Fascism) maybe at the opposite end of the spectrum, but there isn't any difference when it comes to their thirst for power & violent intent...

I agree that the old saying that "the further left you go, the more right wing you become" is true in many, many cases
And some of the most intolerant people I know (to other people's opinions at least) class themselves as left wing.
But to compare taking the knee (& why for example the Millwall players said that they did it on Saturday which wasn't in support of the organisation) with athletes giving Nazi salutes at the 1936 Olympics is ludicrous

Lots of people on the Left have been brainwashed by the BLM crew into thinking that we have a race problem in this country.
Race relations were the best they've ever been before those Marxist Aggressors started defacing monuments and burning the Union Flag 🤦‍♂️

I've no idea of your racial background but, if like me, you are white British then I really don't think that either of us are best placed to proclaim whether "race relations were the best (or worst or anywhere in between) that they've ever been"

I agree that the old saying that "the further left you go, the more right wing you become" is true in many, many cases
And some of the most intolerant people I know (to other people's opinions at least) class themselves as left wing.
But to compare taking the knee (& why for example the Millwall players said that they did it on Saturday which wasn't in support of the organisation) with athletes giving Nazi salutes at the 1936 Olympics is ludicrous
It really isn't ludicrous.
Taking the knee in this country is a political statement.
BLM are now a political party.

Politics has no place in Football...

I've no idea of your racial background but, if like me, you are white British then I really don't think that either of us are best placed to proclaim whether "race relations were the best (or worst or anywhere in between) that they've ever been"
People wanting Marcus Rashford to be the next PM... 🤔
Trust me, Racism in this country is nowhere near as bad as you think 👍

It really isn't ludicrous.
Taking the knee in this country is a political statement.
BLM are now a political party.

Politics has no place in Football...

I'd happily bet that the vast vast majority of players aren't doing it as a political statement, but merely as an indication of support to the way some black men (and possibly women) have been treated by the police ........mainly in the US, but here also to a much lesser degree (in that they don't get shot here!).

I'd happily bet that the vast vast majority of players aren't doing it as a political statement, but merely as an indication of support to the way some black men (and possibly women) have been treated by the police ........mainly in the US, but here also to a much lesser degree (in that they don't get shot here!).

To be honest Moonay I bet the vast majority of players haven’t really got a clue what they’re doing it for and are just conforming.

Lots of people on the Left have been brainwashed by the BLM crew into thinking that we have a race problem in this country.
Race relations were the best they've ever been before those Marxist Aggressors started defacing monuments and burning the Union Flag 🤦‍♂️
I’m not sure. The people of colour I know say they fee discriminated upon often. I’m a white person and as such will never feel that sort of intimidation in my home country.

Marxism has very little to do with this and seems like a poor way of describing anyone with a different point of view.

Anyway, we clearly will never agree but you do seem to be awfully worked up by what is essentially freedom of speech/action on both sides.