Your Views on Taking the Knee | Page 4 | Vital Football

Your Views on Taking the Knee

No issues at all if your passionate about the movement but should NOT be mandatory. Some individuals are just doing it because its expected of them and it almost detracts from the message. Should be personal choice, israel folau getting slated for not doing so in the catalans saints game.

Not half Danny, mentioned at the start by the commentators, at the interval, at the end of the match interview with the coach then again by the studio panel.....who then go on to say we need to speak to him ....wtf, it's his decision n surely not a political one. All the watching players will now go with this shit rather than be subjected to scrutiny...what happened to freedom or standing by your own opinion.

When you consider that the FA wouldn’t allow poppies to be displayed on shirts as it was considered political it tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of the football authorities.

The FA have never not allowed poppies on shirts
FIFA said it was a political symbol and not allowed. The home nation Fa's said it wasn't and wore them anyway.
Fifa have now accepted it isn't a political symbol and have no issue with it

Shit has really hit the fan over on Twitter with Kendrick getting a right hammering over comments he made about Folau not taking the knee. He's really fucked up

Tell me another traditionally white population country anywhere in the world which has done more to eradicate and fight racism than ours. Is there more to be done, of course there is but exhibitionism like taking the knee continually before sporting events is counter productive and not helping the cause of anti racism. Hopefully the message has been delivered and can now be dispensed with for next season.

Shit has really hit the fan over on Twitter with Kendrick getting a right hammering over comments he made about Folau not taking the knee. He's really fucked up
He deserves it, criticised falau, when it was his personal choice not to do it, and said he will be judged! A white man calling out a black man for not taking the knee! Apparently the Evening Post have been inundated!!

He deserves it, criticised falau, when it was his personal choice not to do it, and said he will be judged! A white man calling out a black man for not taking the knee! Apparently the Evening Post have been inundated!!

I wonder if the next charity Joseph's Goal match will be insisting the players get down on one arthritic knee (and will they be publicising it in advance) ?

Taking the knee and fist pumping have done their job and should end now. I am not and never have been racist but am growing more concerned by the day by how everything Is wrong and racist. Our History on many things is with hindsight embarrassing to save the least. But they were different eras and these things were acceptable then. I am a Christian and the more I see of what we did in various wars and how people were treated in the name of God is sickening. However I cannot do anything about it but hope and pray that we ensure that it does not happen today. I hate such things as Black music awards etc that keeps the division going and should not happen. I hate extremely right wing groups who should all be banned outright. We are all equal human beings and the racists should receive heavy punishment and do education courses. God bless all ages, colours, religions , etc

What an embarrassing ,self righteous, uneducated virtue signalling post it was. Clearly no idea what BLM actually is under the surface.

Appears his political commentary is about as good as his football journalism.

Not half Danny, mentioned at the start by the commentators, at the interval, at the end of the match interview with the coach then again by the studio panel.....who then go on to say we need to speak to him ....wtf, it's his decision n surely not a political one. All the watching players will now go with this shit rather than be subjected to scrutiny...what happened to freedom or standing by your own opinion.
Couldn't agree more jock its the crazy world we live in these days!

The reason i hate it is because for me ALL lives matter not just black people, only a couple of weeks after George Floydd (if that) three white people were killed by a terrorist in London, that soon blew over, no mention of the incident now, nothing from any authorities that we should take to the knee for that.

Absolutely no need for it!
Don't agree with the take the knee thing, due to the politics.

But this from Norm veers from whataboutyness to a lack of understanding.

BLM is important, because at times in the past, black lives did not matter. Saying all lives matter is easy if you are a white man in the UK, who does not experience racism each day.

Tell me another traditionally white population country anywhere in the world which has done more to eradicate and fight racism than ours. Is there more to be done, of course there is but exhibitionism like taking the knee continually before sporting events is counter productive and not helping the cause of anti racism. Hopefully the message has been delivered and can now be dispensed with for next season.
Well put Warren.

We've talked about BLM in previous threads so I won't repeat the whole debate but to summarise I believe the majority of people taking a knee and proclaiming support for BLM have genuine good intentions and think they are only taking part in an anti racist / anti police brutality gesture which i think everyone would be supportive of if that was all it was. But that isnt all that BLM are and isnt all that they stand - they are a multi million dollar radical and divisive far left political organisation that I think most people wouldn't support if they weren't conflating and disguising themselves with the near universal outrage over George Floyd's death.

I think it was a huge mistake to kneel and support BLM specifically - but the sentiment against racism and police brutality still couldve been done in a different and more universal way that everyone could've gotten behind rather than arguing about a Trojan Horse. The unity and appetite for change are compromised by backing BLM.

So two guys both enacting their freedom of speech are both getting hammered from each side... Such a stupid debate the whole thing w/ Folau

What an embarrassing ,self righteous, uneducated virtue signalling post it was. Clearly no idea what BLM actually is under the surface.

Appears his political commentary is about as good as his football journalism.
Sadly it showed him to be at best naive and at worst totally ignorant! He thinks it's a popular thing to blindly follow the latest "in" thing and showed himself to be a judgemental band wagon jumper unfit to be in his job., stick to sport Kendrick and leave politics to others!!