Your Tax Supporting Cults | Page 3 | Vital Football

Your Tax Supporting Cults

The issues should be looking at state schools and improving their standards not picking on the faith schools that are doing well.

Even with the corruption - ie parents getting into the Catholic faith, or getting involved with the local Catholic school it still hasnt effected the standards of the school. You cant just say that any parents supporting the local Catholic church(to fool the system) would automatically mean they have yielded a better baby. Why would a parent who falsely attends a Catholic church mean they have better kids? Sure I can accept they are doing their utmost to get them into a good school - but to say the child is already a top drawer specimen at this stage and above a child who's parents dont fool the Catholic system is kinda strange!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 26/1/2014 13:54

Green Tea - 26/1/2014 13:48

What I cant understand is that if the faith schools are a success - why stop their funding? Why close them down? Why pick up a fuss? Why try and change their curriculum?

Surely any fellow human with a heart would champion a school that is producing pupils that go onto good things?

Why destroy something that is successful out of pure hatred, or whatever it is?

Its already well proven that these kids are NOT being brainwashed. Many later in life will lose faith and still value the education they received..

I could understand it if they were churning out robotic brainwashed humans - like some public schools do! But they are not....

LOL, a change in tactics!! Yeah.

How about because it is unfair on other Schools and pupils that don't get in? How about it's because they don't obey the rules? How about because they monopolise the better teachers that could be better used elsewhere? How about because they use it as tool to promote their faith as better than everyone else's?

A better solution would be to have all Schools of an even level, not have elitist organisations some parents have no chance of getting their kids in.

Heath the teachers in my kids schools were Catholic too. So are we now saying that religious teachers are smarter at educating children than non religious.

"How about because they monopolise the better teachers that could be better used elsewhere?"

It's tough to improve state Schools when they are left with the poorer students. Poor results mean the School becomes less attractive, and then it's a vicious circle.

And really, you are going with the inherited intelligence argument? Do you understand statistics at all?

Educated parents, who know how to manipulate the system, don't guarantee more intelligent children, but they increase the odds of them. That's what we are talking about here - the overall results. Sure, there will be the odd dunce that gets through the system, but in general they will achieve better results.

"It's tough to improve state Schools."

Rubbish!

You give me what you class a poor child, I will return to you a top drawer student.

Some of the state ran schools are poorly ran. Ive seen teachers wear jeans, ive seen teachers swear in the classroom.

Ive already told you my story on here before.

I was interviewing for a job vacancy I wanted filling and out of all the job applicants there was one lad who was maybe "what you would call a poor student"..The schools had given up on him, he had given up on himself, he took drugs and his father was serving a stretch in prison. I employed him for the job, he deserved a break a chance in life..Why should I just be another notch of those that trod on him.

He spent just over two years working with me and then I wrote a nice reference to get him into college. They accepted him and he went on to great things.

Yes I could easily taken on a better applicant that day but I wanted help this lad.

Its about giving a sh1t...If you give sh1t, then you will be a great teacher no matter what school you work in. Yet too many teachers in state ran schools, just dont give a sh1t!

Yet in my child's Catholic school, they do care..If a child has issues he/she was never downgraded and thrown on the trash heap..They worked with him/her and understand that this is a human life. Why do you think the Catholic faith will forgive the most vile of criminals? = They value life and understand...State ran schools are too quick to brand, too quick to judge and too quick to "throw him away"..

Villan Of The North - 25/1/2014 19:42

thefacehead - 25/1/2014 19:48

Villan Of The North - 25/1/2014 17:19

Faith schools certainly have a place imo, for those that want their children surrounded by like minded people. .

I don't agree I am afraid. It doesn't give the child an option does it! You say like minded people, but they are children, they don't know what they believe until adulthood and should be given the chance to have an open minded education. Sending them to a faith school is tantamount to brain washing imo.

We all teach our children what we believe. If not then really it's a dereliction of duty as a parent. If you consider it brainwashing when it's about religion but not when , just for example, it's about which football team to follow then I would suggest that your views are not as unbiased or open minded as you might like to think.

No people don't all teach their children what they believe, my parents were Christian but never pushed their faith on to my sisters and I.

Comparing a football team to a religion is ridiculous. Of course I would want my children to support Villa, that goes without question, but if they chose not to even like football I wouldn't get in their way, I believe people should be free to embrace the lifestyle and beliefs of their choosing, that includes children.

“There is no such thing as a Christian child: only a child of Christian parents.”

- Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Green Tea - 26/1/2014 14:18

"It's tough to improve state Schools."

Rubbish!

You give me what you class a poor child, I will return to you a top drawer student.

Some of the state ran schools are poorly ran. Ive seen teachers wear jeans, ive seen teachers swear in the classroom.

Ive already told you my story on here before.

I was interviewing for a job vacancy I wanted filling and out of all the job applicants there was one lad who was maybe "what you would call a poor student"..The schools had given up on him, he had given up on himself, he took drugs and his father was serving a stretch in prison. I employed him for the job, he deserved a break a chance in life..Why should I just be another notch of those that trod on him.

He spent just over two years working with me and then I wrote a nice reference to get him into college. They accepted him and he went on to great things.

Yes I could easily taken on a better applicant that day but I wanted help this lad.

Its about giving a sh1t...If you give sh1t, then you will be a great teacher no matter what school you work in. Yet too many teachers in state ran schools, just dont give a sh1t!

Yet in my child's Catholic school, they do care..If a child has issues he/she was never downgraded and thrown on the trash heap..They worked with him/her and understand that this is a human life. Why do you think the Catholic faith will forgive the most vile of criminals? = They value life and understand...State ran schools are too quick to brand, too quick to judge and too quick to "throw him away"..

Aside form the shortened quote in the first line, which misrepresents what I said - aren't you wonderful. I'm surprised Cameron hasn't asked you to be his Education Tsar. You truly are a wonderful person who has knowledge and skills well above that of every teacher in this Country. What a waste you are just posting crap on here all day.

We should have a section on the forum where only Heath and GT are allowed to post but everyone else can watch them type in real time...

CDX_EIRE - 26/1/2014 16:33

We should have a section on the forum where only Heath and GT are allowed to post but everyone else can watch them type in real time...

Are you looking into making this a spectator sport? We'd have to have some kind of handicap system, just to give GT a chance. I can't remember him successfully defending one argument in all the time he's been here.

Yes, I'm thinking of putting these epic battles in my favourite sports post in GT's thread!!!

Going a bit off topic in reality, whatever anyone's opinion of who gets the best students, the fact remains that those of us who pay tax in this country, pay into a system where children are lied to on a daily basis, they are taught unsubstantiated text as fact, and parents and children are telling lies just to get into a school where they supposedly teach religious morals.........!

Another side to this is the financial "incentives" for these "faith" schools, it's amazing how much money you can save, how many grants you can apply for just by sticking a cross/crescent/star of david on the outside of your school.

Call me a cynic, because I am.

Juan we are all been lied too buddy...Do you know how much the pharmaceutical companies are making each year and how they control huge quantities of the medical and research? Do you know how much control the sugar industry has on humanity? tobacco, water and the food industries are rife with backm handers and we are lied to on a daily basis. This is not mention politics and science etc...

Just stop being so naive as to try and control a section of humanity who are happy to go their own way and stick two fingers up at the system..Fair play to the faith schools they are churning out students that go on to good things while the state are churning out benefit cheats, depressed individuals and people with issues. What does your world(the so called "truth" as you see it) bring to us?

Juan Mourep - 27/1/2014 03:28

Going a bit off topic in reality, whatever anyone's opinion of who gets the best students, the fact remains that those of us who pay tax in this country, pay into a system where children are lied to on a daily basis, they are taught unsubstantiated text as fact, and parents and children are telling lies just to get into a school where they supposedly teach religious morals.........!

Another side to this is the financial "incentives" for these "faith" schools, it's amazing how much money you can save, how many grants you can apply for just by sticking a cross/crescent/star of david on the outside of your school.

Call me a cynic, because I am.

In an ideal world, I do agree. Why should we be helping to fund the perpetuation of Myths and Legends? If they want these stories to be taught to their kids, then they should fund it.

It would also be better to know that there was a level playing field. How many Schools have had their best teachers poached by these schools?

All in all it just teaches the kids that as long as they are alright, then the world is ok. I feel sorry for them really. It's not like it's something they are choosing.

Lol, yes, know a few parents who all of a sudden started going to church each Sunday. Once their kids go into the local school they wanted, they stopped.

I would really struggle to do that. Fair play to them they did what they needed for their kids, but........!

The Fear - 27/1/2014 10:53

Lol, yes, know a few parents who all of a sudden started going to church each Sunday. Once their kids go into the local school they wanted, they stopped.

I would really struggle to do that. Fair play to them they did what they needed for their kids, but........!

It's more than a few down where I live. I was even asked to be a God parent to one. Can you imagine? I would probably have caught fire in the Church!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith_school

This link will answer some of your questions/concerns about faith schools. Faith schools are not completely state funded.

Saying that there is an opposite argument to the 1's who don't believe: It is an opinion there is no God. It is your opinion you are entitled too.

For those who do believe then they would say the opposite to you: Balance again. In an ideal world balance would dictate however that is a kind of oxymoron in itself.

My kids were always going to be baptised and raised as roman catholics, it just so happens that the best infant and primary school in the region (according to ofsted) happens to be our local RC school.
Their baptism and church attendance is as much through tradition as it is faith. I will be taking personal responsibility of ensuring they grow up to be wise when it comes to the teachings of the church.
My faith is considerably watered down, if I get into trouble with the church and/or the school for what I teach my kids then so be it.

Yeah, you would say that Mr 06, you've been brainwashed!

:17:

To be honest, I don't know how anyone can tolerate the evil that is the Catholic Church. Vile institution feeding obscene vaults of wealth at the Vatican. They should empty them, sell the treasures and do some good in the world. And the making Priests and Nuns celibate is anti what God apparently created.

If I had kids, I'd bring them up with good manners and morals, I'd not teach any religion. I know, I know, that will shock some of you as I've never really discussed my atheism here! :3:

That is probably one of the main differences to me and a hell of a lot of society though, I'd guess anyway. I don't like tradition much and don't like things spelt out to me what/how I should do things. Stand up and sing this, sit down and pray, now kneel, now stand up again.

Nah, ta, I'll decide when I move about! :17:

We chose the kids nursery based on its reports. We chose our home and the area we live based on the schools and the environment for our kids.

Because of the above we have to make sacrifices to meet the astronomical nursery fees. We also had to have a smaller, less fancy house because we paid for the postcode.

Some people will think this is bonkers. That's absolutely fair enough, I understand.

I'm prepared to add to the catholic church congregation in order to send my kids to the school that is top of the league and gets the best results.

Some people will think that is bonkers, contradictory even, immoral perhaps?

I call it parenting. Bearing in mind I'd kill for my children: showing my face at church every now and then aint that bad.

Surely people understand that?