Your most entertaining sports stars ever | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your most entertaining sports stars ever

Totally aside from boxing, just judging him as a human being, there's enough direct quotes from him to confirm he's an arsehole.

When people have hero's, they can overlook any of their misdemeanors. I'm probably guilty of it myself to an extent with regards Gazza. But then in this instance I'm only judging Gazza by what he did on the football field (okay and a few interviews and off the field antics), I'm not advocating him hitting his wife though. To non football fans Gazza is probably a bellend.

I'm sure to boxing fans Ali was a god, but to a non boxing fan, judging him purely by the things he said, he was a bellend.

The only thing he got castigated for was speaking out against the Vietnam war and racism which at the time he won the gold medal at the Olympics in the 60's America in the south where he come from Louisville was under apartheid.He famously went into a white's only restaurant with his gold medal round his neck and they refused him so he threw his medal in the river.Now obviously he knew what he was doing but he was just trying to highlight racism and it worked.But the same man went and met Saddam Hussein to try and secure the release of American prisoners he also went to Afghanistan as a peace envoy he has even in ill health always tried to help the less fortunate by being the figure head to many charities and different organisations he didn't have to hardly a bellend mate.

Football - Ronaldo and Cristiano Ronaldo
Snooker - Hendry and O'Sullivan
Boxing - Tyson and Mayweather Jnr
Golf - Woods
Cricket - Pietersen
Athletics - Bolt and Farah

holtelower - 26/1/2014 17:25

My entertainers of all time for Great Britain are: Torville and Dean !

That's a great shout!

I am too young to remember their original performance, I remember their comeback when they won silver a good few years later.