Your gigs/concerts - biggest stars | Page 2 | Vital Football

Your gigs/concerts - biggest stars

You lucky sod! Must be of a similar vintage to my older sister. I wasnt allowed to go with her to the Hendix gig in Chatham mum said I was too young. Great ! Thanks mum (shakes fist to the sky)
Hendrix was playing not long after appearing at Monteray but he was stopped from setting light to his Strat on safety grounds.

Chatham Central Hall-- Yes (twice)
Lindisfarne
Strawbs
Staus Quo (so many times)
King Crimson (so bad I walked out half way through)

Odeon Gillingham-- The Swinging Blue Jeans

Charlton (does this count?)-- The Who, Bad Company, Humble Pie, Lindisfarne (again), Lou Reed, Maggie Bell and I think Stackridge.

The Ramones supported by the Talking Heads and the Boomtown Rats Canterbury Odeon 1977. They had a lot of the punk/new wave acts there- i also saw the Stranglers, Elvis Costello, Siouxsie and the Banshees among others. Another favourite gig was The Rezillos supported by the Undertones and bottom of the bill Joy Division!

Charlton (does this count?)-- The Who, Bad Company, Humble Pie, Lindisfarne (again), Lou Reed, Maggie Bell and I think Stackridge.

That must be 1974. Saw them in 76 with a completely different supporting line-up.
No, it doesn't count as (like Dartford and Ebbsfleet) it's in London!

Chatham Central Hall-- Yes (twice)
Lindisfarne
Strawbs
Staus Quo (so many times)
King Crimson (so bad I walked out half way through)

Odeon Gillingham-- The Swinging Blue Jeans

King Crimson so bad? How dare you!!!

Well jealous of most of the above tbh.

Neil Young, Primal Scream at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood about 10 years ago. A superb set from Neil, all the favourites, ended with the Beatles A Day In The Life.

Oops forgot
UK Subs - central hotel, gillingham 1981 or 82?
Theatre of Hate, same venue, same year
Discharge, same venue same year
Angelic Upstarts, King Charles hotel, Gillingham 81 or 82?
Damned, same venue, same year
Buzzcocks,Mick Jagger centre, Dartford, 2013/14?

King Crimson so bad? How dare you!!!

Well jealous of most of the above tbh.

The drum solo went on for over 30 mins and the drummer resorted to standing off stage and throwing his drum sticks at the drum kit at which point I got the early bus home and missed Court of the Crimson King.

Curved Air at Central Hall Chatham.Must have been early/mid 70's.Was only about 14.Needed the Gents half way through,took a wrong turn,and ended up backstage.Sonja Kristina was standing there in the buff mid costume change.To cut a long story short- she took my cherry.A good night.

The drum solo went on for over 30 mins and the drummer resorted to standing off stage and throwing his drum sticks at the drum kit at which point I got the early bus home and missed Court of the Crimson King.
Fair enough. Hope it wasn't Bill Bruford, was it?

David Bowie, Slade, Mud and The Glitter Band at the Central Hall. The Slade concert was before their Reading Rock Festival comeback. The Central Hall was empty but they played a full set and encores and were excellent.

Skid Row (feat. Gary Moore) - Maidstone College, 1970
Roxy Music - Central Hall, 1972
Brinsley Schwarz (feat Nick Lowe) - St Marks church hall, Gillingham, early '70s (10p entry!)
Willie Dixon's All Stars, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Bukkha White, Champion Jack Dupree - Central Hall (early 70s)
Count Basie Big Band - Central Hall (early 70s)

(& probably loads of others, in the early to mid 70s, besides ... )

I'll never forget the day I lost my memory .....

Forgot all about seeing Roxy Music and Slade at the Central Hall.
Roxy playing their first album and encoring with Virginia Plain were outstanding that night.
Edit : just remembered Mick Abrahams as well