Your Favourite Lincoln City Home Shirt? | Vital Football

Your Favourite Lincoln City Home Shirt?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
I think it's obvious to anyone that has read today's article on the new home shirt which shirt is my favourite!

From the article: "When Danny and Nicky Cowley were appointed, I decided to look through a collection of Lincoln City shirts that I have, and I chose the 1998-1999 shirt with Alstom on. I absolutely love the shirt and I have worn it at home and away games ever since, so I certainly won’t be buying the new home shirt!"

Which is your favourite home shirt and why?

Has to be the '89-90 Spall with white pin stripes because it was my first kit and lived in it. No sponsor on the front of replica kits then.
But just on looks, best has to be '78-83 Adidas. And worst the '11-12 Nike.
Improved massively when Imp badge came back in 2014.

Last season's was classy. Simple design, great colour, good balance of colours. If it had fit anyone over 35, it would have been perfect.

Go on then I'll mention it first 79 to 83 shirt by a country mile.

The first one I bought, 2006-7 (I think, or the season after). Simple and effective. Only downside is medium fits like an xs

Have to say that despite liking all the shirts that have thick stripes with a middle red stripe, I really like the one before last season's; the one with the thick stripes with a red middle stripe. Yes I do like a theme.

82-83 Adidas will never be beaten. I thought the last two years have been pretty decent by modern standards, although generally we’ve fiddled around far too much with our traditional colours. On the bright side next years kit can’t be any worse than the current one!

Part of the problem is getting the collar right. A well designed shirt can be compromised by a weird collar (e.g. this season)

1979-83 is the perfect kit, although like elkimp I have a soft spot for 89-90 as well. The material on that was also nice. There have been some good traditional striped kits in recent years too.

Early 80s Adidas
1990-91
1991-93
2015-16

Honourable mentions for 16-17 (quite similar to the Adidas kit) and 17-18 (nice kit).