Your Favourite Car | Vital Football

Your Favourite Car

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
This could be interesting. Not necessarily the one you have now or the fastest. But the one that gave you the best experiences or pleasure.

I have had many cars but have to admit my Ford Sierra 2.9 V6 4x4 gave me my most enjoyable times driving wise. It was not an XR4, it was a white GLS and looked like any other standard Sierra but went like the wind. A true wolf in sheeps clothing.

2020 now.......Any that starts first time and gets me to where I want to go...reliability in any shape or form for me first, then comfort, then efficiency then affordability, then looks and finally gizmo's.

When around 20, loved my 3 litre Capri...revving wheel spins and poor back traction at traffic lights turning green was great fun.... I also loved my white singer gazelle which was the spitting image of the unmarked police cars in London in the 70's....they had white Hillman Hunters. Everyone got out of my way thinking I was a police car until they spotted a young handsome lad in shades at the wheel!

Early 2000's loved my C320 Mercedes Automatic which at the time was one of the fastest on the road.. Had the CD exchanger in the glove compartment, , Sat Nov (CD disc version then) overdrive (just hit the accelerator and whoosh, like an airplane taking off, pushed me back into the seat, crusie control, high/low speed restrictor settings, personalised steering wheel, seat and mirror settings, it was ahead of its time in a way....things which I guess are are pretty standard and old hat now.

As an oldie now have a small Auris 1.8 hybrid which is so efficient and quiet and has all the gismos for that type of model, .......if I want to tour/travel far I sometimes hire a larger car for the week / day

Thats me folks!

Car 1 was a navy blue Rover 216. 1.6. Loved that car. Some fecker crashed into it and wrote it off.

Had a couple of crap Peugeot 206's.

Had a awful Nissan Micra.

Had a Corsa which was quite solid.

Had a crappy Fiat Punto.

Now I have a Ford Focus and an Audi TT which me and the wife share. Best two I have had by a mile.

Would love an Audi R8 one day.

2020 now.......Any that starts first time and gets me to where I want to go...reliability in any shape or form for me first, then comfort, then efficiency then affordability, then looks and finally gizmo's.

When around 20, loved my 3 litre Capri...revving wheel spins and poor back traction at traffic lights turning green was great fun.... I also loved my white singer gazelle which was the spitting image of the unmarked police cars in London in the 70's....they had white Hillman Hunters. Everyone got out of my way thinking I was a police car until they spotted a young handsome lad in shades at the wheel!

Early 2000's loved my C320 Mercedes Automatic which at the time was one of the fastest on the road.. Had the CD exchanger in the glove compartment, , Sat Nov (CD disc version then) overdrive (just hit the accelerator and whoosh, like an airplane taking off, pushed me back into the seat, crusie control, high/low speed restrictor settings, personalised steering wheel, seat and mirror settings, it was ahead of its time in a way....things which I guess are are pretty standard and old hat now.

As an oldie now have a small Auris 1.8 hybrid which is so efficient and quiet and has all the gismos for that type of model, .......if I want to tour/travel far I sometimes hire a larger car for the week / day

Thats me folks!

Impressed by the 3 litre Capri, always liked them. Closest I got was a Scimitar GTE which had the same engine.

Car 1 was a navy blue Rover 216. 1.6. Loved that car. Some fecker crashed into it and wrote it off.

Had a couple of crap Peugeot 206's.

Had a awful Nissan Micra.

Had a Corsa which was quite solid.

Had a crappy Fiat Punto.

Now I have a Ford Focus and an Audi TT which me and the wife share. Best two I have had by a mile.

Would love an Audi R8 one day.

This is what it's about....the Rover 216 sounds like it meant a lot to you. They were basically Hondas I think and probably had pretty lively engines.

Thats me folks!

The Singer , was it the square shaped one, post fin wings at the back ? It probably had the 1725 twin carb engine that was used in the Alpine sports car. Holbay used to tune that engine and get decent power out of it.

This is what it's about....the Rover 216 sounds like it meant a lot to you. They were basically Hondas I think and probably had pretty lively engines.

I have never been that into cars but certain ones hit the spot.

I was only 18 so a 1.6 was a beast. I did love that car. Maybe because it was my first. But it looked good and I got a good deal. Never had any problems with it accept the obvious wear and tear. Always a sign of a good car.

I remember I was down as the secondary driver and my mum was insured as the main driver because I couldn't afford the insurance at the time. :ROFLMAO:

The Singer , was it the square shaped one, post fin wings at the back ? It probably had the 1725 twin carb engine that was used in the Alpine sports car. Holbay used to tune that engine and get decent power out of it.

It was the square one...was 1725cc my old mind can't remember any wings.

1589047817943.png

I lived and almost died in Mini’s from seventeen . We used to buy one for twenty pounds and run them further into the ground than what they already were . ! Absolute death traps ! No MOT , tax or insurance . Blag it to the police if you ever got stopped . Tax in post ! Produce all your documents within five days at a police station . Yeah right ! , bought them from a car dealer in Greavsie’s manor . Manor Park . He always wanted twenty five pounds but we always got them for twenty . You could see the road under your feet where the floor pan had rusted away . It was handy really because it let the rain out from where it had come in through the windows ! !
Then I started buying my Dads cars off of him . Vauxhall Velox , three speed column change gearbox , bench seat in the front, chrome trims on the bonnet .
After that it was a grey Ford Zodiac , tail fins , proper radio , same bench seat and column change . , six of us going out on the pull . Three in the front , three in the back, about ten in the back on the way home !
The first car I went out and bought on my own was a Vauxhall 2000. Boy could that car shift ! It cruised at ninety , not a sound out of it . My favourite ever was a Capri . Bright yellow with a black vinyl roof . 8 track cassette player , fog lights and automatic . Dream .
driving around in a Corsa now , it’s got everything extra you can think of . Seems weird not to have to think to put the lights on or windscreen wipers etc .,takes all the pleasure out of driving ! .ha ha

I've always had a soft spot for hot-hatches, speedy, practical motors that get you from A-B with the minimum of fuss. Well it's not one of them lol... although tbf they've come in pretty handy over the years.

My favourites by a long shot are the new crop of small unassuming cars that litter our roads today. Clio, Polo, Fiesta, i don't really care which one, they're all great looking & practical little motors that are both fun to drive & cheap to run.

If i lived out in the middle of nowhere (instead of the city) i'd probably buy something altogether different instead.

Glad to hear that Steveperryman.....horses for courses makes good sense...I

Ii cannot comprehend all the mindsets of people in e.g London who have 4 wheel off road capable cars...makes no sense unless they keep swerving off the roads due to drink srugs or mobile phones or just plain useless drivers!

My sister drives a Disco. She only has 2 little urchins & claims she needs it in order to get around. Absolute poppycock. I wouldn't dream about driving that on my daily commute, never mind hers lol.

My sister drives a Disco. She only has 2 little urchins & claims she needs it in order to get around. Absolute poppycock. I wouldn't dream about driving that on my daily commute, never mind hers lol.

My wife drives the same. She is getting rid of it, she wants a Sequioa or an Armada.

Would help if she could drive but that's another story altogether.

I hear they're pretty popular across the pond.

Very. Range Rover is a real status symbol. Which is why she bought a Discovery. But our best family car was a Toyota Sequoia. It was ideal for carting 3 kids around to ski races or the whole family driving to Quebec to ski. I doubt she'll buy that over the Armada because of the size.

Very. Range Rover is a real status symbol. Which is why she bought a Discovery. But our best family car was a Toyota Sequoia. It was ideal for carting 3 kids around to ski races or the whole family driving to Quebec to ski. I doubt she'll buy that over the Armada because of the size.
The dealership our way was always vey busy, how times have changed lol.

You can blame The Royals for their popularity.