Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink?

I do like a Hoegaarden.
First had it bought for me by my old guitarist mate, Richard Holgarth, in a music venue, Les Quatres Ecluses, over in Dunkerque.
Loved it from the first mouthful. And must have drunk loads of it in intervening 30 odd years.

Hoegaarden is decent but must be the triple fermented(grand cru) version in a proper glass.
it does not appear to be sold widely in the Uk but no problem in France.
Listen next time i`m over there in France i will pick up a few extras.

Last edited:
Great spot there Devon.

i spend my life hunting the net for decent alcohol.................mostly wine.

That rum you fancy is a BBR stock item so must be a really decent drop.

They have been importers of high quality wines and spirits for a couple of hundred years.

Last edited:
Aldi do mail order booze stock levels change all the time free delivery also! Their wine and spirits are good, £6 bottle of wine from them much better then £6 wine from UK supermarkets - superplonk as Malcolm Gluck would say!

I do like a Hoegaarden.
First had it bought for me by my old guitarist mate, Richard Holgarth, in a music venue, Les Quatres Ecluses, over in Dunkerque.
Loved it from the first mouthful. And must have drunk loads of it in intervening 30 odd years.

Wow, I know that place. I lived and worked in Dunkerque for quite a while back in the mid seventies.

Wow, I know that place. I lived and worked in Dunkerque for quite a while back in the mid seventies.

Ahh! A great venue!

It was an annual weekend trip for quite a number of years for a mad bunch of us John Otway fans. John and his band would play there along with various support acts, Wilko Johnson, the Blockheads, Eddie & the Hot Rods, some local French bands...

Every year ended up in the middle at a Brasserie called Le Grand Morien.

I have been in that very bar many times! A friend of my mother was a waitress there, right in the middle of town on Place Jean Bart. I used to work in the port area and lived in Rosendael.

I really ought to purchase a Thatcher's glass. I'm drinking it from an Aspall glass at the moment! It doesn't feel quite right!

I have been in that very bar many times! A friend of my mother was a waitress there, right in the middle of town on Place Jean Bart. I used to work in the port area and lived in Rosendael.

And the waitress may have been there when i managed to fall 100% flat on my face...and not even drunk...i just didn't see a step and went totally over !

Not a big drinker. About 5 to 10 units a week, sometimes not at all. I'm a bit of a lightweight but I like Aspall's cyder - especially the premier cru.
Red wine, I try to get McGuigan Black Label. For the price it's unbeatable.
Gin - Adnams Copper House, Tanqueray or Roku.

My regular red is McGuigan Black Label Red, very drinkable and well priced. I have a couple of bottles of Chateau De Beaucastel 2005 waiting for a special occasion - probably the resumption of the football season😀 like to start my evening with a Peroni though. UTI

My regular red is McGuigan Black Label Red, very drinkable and well priced. I have a couple of bottles of Chateau De Beaucastel 2005 waiting for a special occasion - probably the resumption of the football season😀 like to start my evening with a Peroni though. UTI
pretty much nearly the time now to pop the cork on that 60 quid bottle ,enjoy!
SEE LINK=SEE TASTING NOTES
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=286452

Peroni .........MA enjoys that with a curry i am told.

One of my best Imps mates gets this wine a lot, Dona Isabela red wine from Valencia.
Far from cheap but without doubt the best wine I've ever tasted. Absolutely gorgeous.

I've got some of that in the fridge for later! I first tried Aspall at the Punch & Judy in Covent Garden.
The only cider sold out in my local supermarket. I asked the assistant to check in the back and it had all gone. Quality gear. It's on tap in the Duke William Hotel on Bailgate.