Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink?

Just north of Perth on the A9.

Unfortunately, it appears to have closed down. There is still a visitor centre next door to the site of the factory (it used to be the MacBeth Centre) but, in my opinion it is aimed at coaches of tourists. They (the Scottish Liqueur centre) used malt whisky to up the quality and they did a range of limited bottlings of single malts too at cask strength.

I think that the closest that is available now are the cream liqueurs from the Edradour or Arran distilleries. Or there is the Magnum cream liqueur from the Benriach distillery. I suspect that they would all be available from the distilleries - or some of the online stores too, including Amazon.

Enjoy!
Anyone wanting to try the Arran Gold Cream Liqueur - it's on a flash sale on this website right now for a pretty decent price.

https://www.whiskyshop.com/arran-gold-cream-liqueur

Let me know what it's like. I've tried quite a few brands over the years and most aren't as good as Baileys.
Columba Cream was vastly superior, unfortunately it couldn't compete on price. Have tried the three that I've mentioned here but they all seem to use a more discerning level of ingredients.

I suspect though, that some/many of the cheaper competitors found in supermarkets could be inferior since the savings must come from somewhere...

Well, I'm tempted to order some Black Cow Vodka over the next few days. Not had any of that for quite some time!

Well, I'm tempted to order some Black Cow Vodka over the next few days. Not had any of that for quite some time!
That is wonderful stuff. I've a bottle myself which sadly is almost empty. Although I do have a miniature unopened still! Need to buy another bottle myself.

Where do you usually purchase? Online or in-store?
I've just bought it from Sainsbury's before, occasionally they reduce it to about £23 (from £28 if memory serves). Master of Malt have it online for £24.99 at the moment which isn't bad either.

Well, I declared it as Cider O'Clock when I got home just after seven. Tonight it's Thatcher's Gold. The only other Cider I have had recently is Aspall.

I really need to have a look online and order something different!

Well, I declared it as Cider O'Clock when I got home just after seven. Tonight it's Thatcher's Gold. The only other Cider I have had recently is Aspall.

I really need to have a look online and order something different!

Stowford Press Jules? Stay of the Old Rosie though, I can tell you from experience!

Maybe it's a bit girlie, but a Bakewell Fizz is a very good thing to do with a bottle of Prosecco for cocktail fiends. Splash of Kirsch, likewise of DiSaronno, maraschino cherry it you have one and top up with the fizzy stuff.

Tastes the business, drink with caution!

Sounds great - and dangerous!! Beware drinks that taste like pop.

Tonight's first Cider is Henry Westons Vintage Cider, medium-dry, 8.2%

It is really nice, but I am sat here convinced I have had it before.

If I have another drink tonight, it'll be Aspall Premier Cru, which is 6.8%.