Your Christmas work doo | Vital Football

Your Christmas work doo

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Ours is a bit shite this year... Bella italia and then a comedy club.

I'd rather go somewhere where i can get a turkey dinner and then a pub crawl....

what have your place of work arranged for you lot?

I have 3 with the same employer, one I am invited to and 2 that I'm obliged to go to as a department manager.

We had our dinner at a mountain hotel last Saturday, this was for the 12 of us that work in the office (and our spouses). A decent night with good food and a fantastic view - those of you linked to me on Facebook might have seen the picture I posted of the view from my hotel room)

On Wednesday I had the first of the dinners at a local catering venue. This is a nice meal but not much else, laid on for all other employees - department managers are obliged to go. The final one, at a restaurant in another part of the region we cover, again for employees and department managers is next Wednesday.

All good fun but gets a bit much in the end. If I could I'd skip one of them but the only one I can do that with is the one I actually wanted to go to.

I shall buy a sarnie and a bottle of coke, packet of crisps, sit in my lounge with some nice tv show on and that will be my christmas work doo!

LOL

Christmas dinner at the pub up the road from us next Thursday after work. Always a quiet do but the food is top drawer.

The Fear - 6/12/2013 11:41

I shall buy a sarnie and a bottle of coke, packet of crisps, sit in my lounge with some nice tv show on and that will be my christmas work doo!

LOL

turkey sandwich?

sirdennis - 6/12/2013 11:42

Christmas dinner at the pub up the road from us next Thursday after work. Always a quiet do but the food is top drawer.

i'd prefer that... pub grub and then a piss up! is that not xmas is all about? :)

Ours is the choice of the lads on the shop floor. Early finish and down the local boozer for grub and piss up.

I drive, have something to eat and a drink and then leave them to it.

Call me a snob but I'd prefer the traditional hotel doo. get dressed up for proper meal then a disco.

Got 3: 1 is at Nando's Monday week on the 16th. The other on the 19th at our local Bistro. The other we have ended up with in the New Year. Don't know where we are going yet, as the person organizing it is a bit of a dizzy character, so it could be the local chippy

I didn't realise that you work Kef, what do you do?

Villan Of The North - 6/12/2013 16:28

I didn't realise that you work Kef, what do you do?

Im simple terms VOTN around addiction & recovery services with Public Information

I'm still waiting for Fear to pay me , I doubt we'll get a Christmas doo from the tight git :17:

Oh you mean real work , The lads on the shop floor are doing the xmas market then Broad street. I've politely turned that one down as its my idea of a nightmare.
Gaffer is taking us all to the local pub next Monday lunchtime for a meal and a pint plus an early finish . Paid for by the company I believe.
Then we were organising a staff one but due to a recent reshuffle of people , that one seems to have died a death.
Our new staff being from Bristol , Liverpool , Stafford and me from Smethwich and yes we all work in the same office in near Warwick !

Villan57 - 7/12/2013 10:12

I'm still waiting for Fear to pay me , I doubt we'll get a Christmas doo from the tight git :17:

I keep trying to put these words together to make some sense, but no, I can't seem to understand their meaning!

:91:

I don't go to our official staff do. I'm head of security; we've got about 200 staff, there's always a fight and everyone looks at me to stop it. Alternatively some twat will decide that he's bulletproof and will have a go at me (for some reason everyone thinks that I'm some sort of ninja, I'm not, I don't wear pyjamas at night let alone black ones during he day). I usually get together with a few mates from work and we have an alternative 'few drinks'...much nicer.

Last year one of our customers organised a party for all his friends and tradesmen, full Christmas dinner and really classy Stripper from Blackpool.

It took place at 2pm in the afternoon at a greasy spoon cafe and was one of the most bizarre experiences I have ever had.

To see a 80+year old man eating a marshmallow out of a womans punani whilst I was eating my yorkshire pudding has left me mentally scarred.

I will be making my excuses if I receive an invite this year.