Your Boss | Vital Football

Your Boss

It says it took 6 weeks for Scally to buy the club.It show how quickly things can change. Wigan is a example of how quickly things can change for the worst.Investment now will be even thinner. I find it very unlikely indeed that Scally will get investors .That is likely to leave us where we are at best while he is with us.Premier league is now as good as impossible under Scally.

It says it took 6 weeks for Scally to buy the club.It show how quickly things can change. Wigan is a example of how quickly things can change for the worst.Investment now will be even thinner. I find it very unlikely indeed that Scally will get investors .That is likely to leave us where we are at best while he is with us.Premier league is now as good as impossible under Scally.
Your usual ray of sunshine comments.

I think Chris' real name is John Lawrie.
If you think so I would say I am being realistic. The situation clubs like ours are now in is simply to survive. Our financial position will make it tough for our manager if that is being a doom merchant then I am .Scally has promised investors for more years than I can remember. That is a fact .it is also a fact that there is less money in the economy than for a generation.The Premier league is now near on impossible for much bigger fan bases than ours.Unless TV money changes dramatically or Scally sells up completely and we get lucky then it simply is financially impossible. If Evans can build a side using the financial backing that Scally is likely to give him post Covid 19 then all credit to him.i only mentioned the Premier league because it was in the video. I would be surprised if any chairman at our level with our gates or less truly believes it is it still possible without a massive injection of cash.

Personally I think Scally pays himself too much. In terms of the average salary someone in his position owning a business outside of football with this turnover he probably doesn’t pay himself too much. It just doesn’t look good when league tables of football club has him in the Championship or even higher. I reckon he should be on at least £50k less.

That said, would that £50k make much difference? No. We talking about increasing our playing budget from £3 million to £3,050,000. Competing with teams our size on sometimes double that. Having a decent manager is always the first step, and we’ve made that step at least. It’s a shame he’s managing a team watches by fewer than 5k each home game.

The Prem is currently a dream for any team with sub-5k crowds in League 1. What’s needed is a sugar daddy. But what’s the outlook for football post-COVID 19? Could it level the playing field a bit?

We need the Prem, FA and EFL to properly distribute the wealth while enforcing salary caps and sanctions for clubs heavily in debt. Football clubs should be on their arse but the banks won’t cal in any debts. It’s time to change the whole system. Fuck sugar daddies and fuck Championship clubs with £150 million of debt.

Don’t think our playing budget is anywhere near £3m, I think Evans said in the latest video interview that it’s not much over £1m.

Having PS in charge at the moment is a good thing, he is used to running a shoestring budget compared to other clubs. I can think of no one better qualified to steer us through this crisis.

That said he isn't the one to take us forward.

He has been searching for investors for 20 years, at what cost?

The problem is where is the return on investment?

He doesn't really want investors he wants donaters. As he has proven they are hard to find. Plenty of clubs have found new investors but none of them saw gills as an option. Some investors go pear shaped e.g Charlton or blackpool so maybe we should be careful what we wish for

We should be a far better option than wycombe or even peterborough. Our potential is much bigger than theirs in my opinion.

Right man for the job through this crisis but not long term. Mind you I have said that for the last 10 years

If you think so I would say I am being realistic. The situation clubs like ours are now in is simply to survive. Our financial position will make it tough for our manager if that is being a doom merchant then I am .Scally has promised investors for more years than I can remember. That is a fact .it is also a fact that there is less money in the economy than for a generation.The Premier league is now near on impossible for much bigger fan bases than ours.Unless TV money changes dramatically or Scally sells up completely and we get lucky then it simply is financially impossible. If Evans can build a side using the financial backing that Scally is likely to give him post Covid 19 then all credit to him.i only mentioned the Premier league because it was in the video. I would be surprised if any chairman at our level with our gates or less truly believes it is it still possible without a massive injection of cash.
I was just teasing Chris. You consistently come across as a really nice and thoughtful bloke on this board.

Have a nice day, you deserve it.
:-)

Making the Prem would signal the end of the club as we know and love it.

Interesting point LL. I was thinking about that whilst watching Deby v Brentford yesterday. I wonder whether there is a mixed feeling among the longtime supporters of the Bees. They are on the brink of promotion to the Premiership, have a new ground and a team with only a couple of home grown players in it. Whilst the excitement of a promotion and a new ground must pre-occupy most Brentford fans` thoughts I wonder whether it`s tempered a little by a slight sense of loss of one`s local team. I don`t know the answer, just wondering. If anyone has any Brentford connections it would be interesting to find out.

First team I ever saw live, Brentford, my father was a fan but shortly after we moved to Kent and within weeks I was hooked on Priestfield. Good luck to Brentford. I of course have a soft spot for them and for having one of the great keeper characters Chic Brodie.

I'd be very happy if we were in their position right now. Supporting a team without aspirations is a waste of time.

Interesting point LL. I was thinking about that whilst watching Deby v Brentford yesterday. I wonder whether there is a mixed feeling among the longtime supporters of the Bees. They are on the brink of promotion to the Premiership, have a new ground and a team with only a couple of home grown players in it. Whilst the excitement of a promotion and a new ground must pre-occupy most Brentford fans` thoughts I wonder whether it`s tempered a little by a slight sense of loss of one`s local team. I don`t know the answer, just wondering. If anyone has any Brentford connections it would be interesting to find out.

All about you approach to it. Probably come straight back down but if you celebrate every corner, go ecstatic for a point and have an out of body experience for each win, I'd take it.

Got a Brentford STH at work who has been on furlough up until today. He's of the opinion that currently it's frustrating that there are no fans able to watch their team winning games/ being successful, made worse by the likely hood that next season (were they to get promoted) they'd almost certainly be watching their team struggle week in week out. Not sure he feels its like the Brentford of 10 years ago though.

Their new stadium looks like its been built and designed by a 7 year old using up the last left over bits of their mechanic Lego.

Last edited:
I personally think Mr Scally could sell the club, but he wants the correct deal otherwise he will stay put, he’s not desperate.

Brentford go up...Super wealthy owner, £150m in TV money for a club in a new stadium, no debt, Griffin Park already sold.....Fantastic!