Young stars....where are they? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Young stars....where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? You seriously arent talking much sense. We had 3 players over 30 in todays starting line up. I dont understand why playing loads of 21 year olds would make us any better, we just got out thought tactically in the 2nd half and outplayed by a better team on the day.

Hi , if you re-read my posts Gary you will see that I did not expect the manager to introduce youngsters 'en bloc'. But as I mentioned previously I see them as the future of the club. Incidentally the young players coming off the bench for Leeds were 18 years old. I hope this clarifies my thoughts on this subject.
Regards,
G.T.

I dont see what age has to do with any of it. I just want the manager to play the best team possible regardless of how old anyone is. I've seen countless youngsters over the years who are apparently the next Messi, Gerrard, Little etc and very few of them actually make it. Bree is 21, Tammy 21, Davis on the bench 20 I think. That is still young for 1st team players

Hmmmm an interesting difference of opinion Gary. Try to think of it like an accountant. If we introduce some great young players that we have nurtured to the top level then we have spent very little. If we try to buy great players ( 50 million plus ). How many of either can the club afford?
Regards,
G.T.

Trying to sound like a condescening knob doesnt really make your point any stronger. If the manager thinks they are good enough then yes play them, but I dont want kids thrown into games like this just to see if they can hack it. You could argue he did that with Bree and it backfired as he was at fault for their 1st goal

Sorry,I am in no way trying to be condescending. Sometimes it is best to agree to disagree and move on I think.
Regards,
G.T.

Sorry to say 'I told you so ' I told you so'.but. Dads army 2 Leeds Boys 3. Not blaming Smithy as he is not responsible for the present youth scheme that obviously is none existent. Why not try to 'poach' the Leeds youth development team....it will save us a fortune in the future....
G.T.

You are not sorry to say it though are you ?. Because you have gone on and said it anyway.
The world hates a smart arse GT.
Glad to see losing the way we did today means so much to you to come on and have a tiny gloat.

Incidentally. You know (like me) naff all about the youth set up unless you are spending a weird amount of time down at BH.

Blimey losing certainly has affected your perspective Mr Donkey, whatever happened to your Christmas spirit, goodwill to all gloaters etc..???
Yes I hate it when we lose just like you but at my great age I no longer let it spoil my weekend....???.
Yes you are right that I know very little about the youth set up, that is why I asked the question in the first place!!! I was hoping to generate a discussion from which I could learn something from supporters who have watched the lads themselves.
I know you are annoyed and upset after watching a game that took us back to the bad old days of Lambert and Bruce so I forgive the 'smart arse' jibe.
Just remember that Smithy will feel ten times worse. He needs and will get our support the same as ever. That does not mean that we cannot express an opinion that we believe is valid.
Have a drink and put your feet up, The New Year is full of promise, forget today , hardly anybody I spoke to expected us to win anyway.....
Have a good Christmas,
G.T.

Sorry to say 'I told you so ' I told you so'.but. Dads army 2 Leeds Boys 3. Not blaming Smithy as he is not responsible for the present youth scheme that obviously is none existent. Why not try to 'poach' the Leeds youth development team....it will save us a fortune in the future....
G.T.

Bully for you! Perhaps the club should appoint your good self to reinvigorate our youth system GT, you seem to have the answers to most of our problems.

Mr Fear, I was not offended by anything Mr Donkey said. I value his opinion as I have highlighted in the past. We all get grumpy when we lose,
Have a good Christmas,
G.T.

66, I am a retired gentleman who does not want to be employed ".....but if the right offer was made then I would be forced to consider it.
You seem like a bright chap, fancy being my No 2 ?
Merry Christmas,
G.T.

66, I am a retired gentleman who does not want to be employed ".....but if the right offer was made then I would be forced to consider it.
You seem like a bright chap, fancy being my No 2 ?
Merry Christmas,
G.T.

Dear Mr G.T

Today you have spoken a lot of No.2

Happy Christmas and kind regards

Sir Dennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.