You Pick - Striker | Page 3 | Vital Football

You Pick - Striker

Jesus wept, we are a bunch of happy soles ain't we?

We have a pool of supposedly first-team players; some are expensive signings, all of them; are on big wages. Only Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, maybe Hugo/Rodon, were good enough to perform at the required standard.

Only one person picked Rom Lukaku...WHAT!! I'd take him any freakin' day of the week! And you can keep Son on...he'd benefit greatly (I'm assuming this thread, jokes and all, is based on the inevitability that Kane's going...right?)

Only one person picked Rom Lukaku...WHAT!! I'd take him any freakin' day of the week! And you can keep Son on...he'd benefit greatly (I'm assuming this thread, jokes and all, is based on the inevitability that Kane's going...right?)

I've always thought Lukaku would be a good addition. And now you mention it, paired with Son would be an interesting sitiuation. I think Son could play with just about anyone.

I've always thought Lukaku would be a good addition. And now you mention it, paired with Son would be an interesting sitiuation. I think Son could play with just about anyone.

It's just not the Spurs model to buy 28 year olds for the type of money we'd have to pay for Lukaku. He's probably outgrown us anyway.

I like the sound of Vlahovic. 21 years old and gettable. It's then a case of whether we look for a Vinicius replacement as well.

It's just not the Spurs model to buy 28 year olds for the type of money we'd have to pay for Lukaku. He's probably outgrown us anyway.

I like the sound of Vlahovic. 21 years old and gettable. It's then a case of whether we look for a Vinicius replacement as well.
To be clear, my selection was based on a pie in the sky outlook, not on "our model". I know we wouldn't buy a Lukaku (age) - we also wouldn't buy an Mbappe or Haaland ($$$s); but that wasn't what this thread was about (unless I read it wrong). ;) - Oh, might as well chuck Lewandowski in as Rom's strike partner and sit Sonny on the bench (yes, I am having a laugh!)

To be clear, my selection was based on a pie in the sky outlook, not on "our model". I know we wouldn't buy a Lukaku (age) - we also wouldn't buy an Mbappe or Haaland ($$$s); but that wasn't what this thread was about (unless I read it wrong). ;) - Oh, might as well chuck Lewandowski in as Rom's strike partner and sit Sonny on the bench (yes, I am having a laugh!)

Well Messi is technically a free agent at this point.