You lot are amateurs! | Page 6 | Vital Football

You lot are amateurs!

Just seems odd that when you are "protesting" about being downtrodden, victims of poverty because if your race. The first thing you would do is go out and burn down the factory where you work and gives you your only income, thats all.
Dress it up however you like, makes no sense at all.

It will never make any sense all the time you continue to consider things from your perspective. In order to understand you need to change the way you're looking at it.

It is important to understand, even if you still disagree.

I completely understand where you're coming from and I largely agree with you. I just think you're not seeing the bigger picture and you're miles off understanding things from rioters' perspective.

It will never make any sense all the time you continue to consider things from your perspective. In order to understand you need to change the way you're looking at it.

It is important to understand, even if you still disagree.

I completely understand where you're coming from and I largely agree with you. I just think you're not seeing the bigger picture and you're miles off understanding things from rioters' perspective.
My perspective is one of a father and a husband with a responsibility to provide for my family. I'm guessing many of the.looters and rioters were too. I suppose if they're happy to go home and tell their family that they had just helped to f*** any money they've got coming in thats fine.

In a world where firms and governments took care of the environment because it wouldn't make sense to do otherwise. In a world where everybody had food, clothes and shelter, where people were treated fairly regardless of gender and sex, where wars were not a policy ooption... you know all the phoney, trendy, woke stuff. In such a world all manner of responsible and altruistic actions would make sense. The further we are from such a world the crazier people become and the more craziness makes sense.

I would imagine that some rioters do so for a bit of excitement in otherwise not much lives. Others do so because they feel no sense of responsibility for the way things are and their part in them. And a few actually think it's one more heave and the world of fairness, justice and reason is just around the corner. I'm pretty sure that rioting will not deliver what any of them want, and will leave some of them worse off.

I was down in the Twin Cities for a funeral last week. The trashed bit is pretty much still trashed and meanwhile life's going on all around it.

Still like this, though

Last edited:
The destitution in the victorian uk was ‘solved’ mainly by self help and organisation. It was the start of the temperance society, salvation army, cooperatives, trades unions, credit unions, voting proponents, building societies etc.
Also philanthropists and social reformers changing the age of consent, abolishing child labour, model towns, education, libraries, etc.

Rioting may make you feel good for a while and its easier than and safer than real daily struggle for change.
Organisation and persistent pressure gets long term change.

The destitution in the victorian uk was ‘solved’ mainly by self help and organisation. It was the start of the temperance society, salvation army, cooperatives, trades unions, credit unions, voting proponents, building societies etc.
Also philanthropists and social reformers changing the age of consent, abolishing child labour, model towns, education, libraries, etc.

Rioting may make you feel good for a while and its easier than and safer than real daily struggle for change.
Organisation and persistent pressure gets long term change.

It helped that there was a massively expanding economy capable of delivering better living standards on a wider basis.

It helped that there was a massively expanding economy capable of delivering better living standards on a wider basis.

That was the situation before the changes as well but obviously is a major impetus. Similar to the black death social changes which turned out to be imposed economic change leading to social change.

Scientific change always (so far anyway) comes with political, economic and social change.