You lot are amateurs! | Page 4 | Vital Football

You lot are amateurs!

Maybe. Maybe not.

Whilst Biden was out meeting protesters, Trump was hiding like a coward in his bunker.

Oh to be a Macho Man.

I have a completely different play on this. Trumps sympathy is with the person killed but he thinks his base wont agree with that. Rhetoric has to be for his voters.

Biden i.e. the democratic party will say anything to get the black vote which they believe belongs to them.
Take a look at history, the dems have done nothing for the poor or minorities apart from what they were forced to do under johnson.
In fact they have not fared any worse under the republicans.
I thought a black churchman summed it up when he said that this is the new slavery, vote democrats and they will ensure they give you handouts to keep you in your place but never improve as they may lose your vote.

I have a completely different play on this. Trumps sympathy is with the person killed but he thinks his base wont agree with that. Rhetoric has to be for his voters.

Biden i.e. the democratic party will say anything to get the black vote which they believe belongs to them.
Take a look at history, the dems have done nothing for the poor or minorities apart from what they were forced to do under johnson.
In fact they have not fared any worse under the republicans.
I thought a black churchman summed it up when he said that this is the new slavery, vote democrats and they will ensure they give you handouts to keep you in your place but never improve as they may lose your vote.

I'm not a Biden supporter, Jerry. But I do oppose Trump.

Biden probably was just courting black voters and being opportunistic. I don't think that is admirable.

But I do think that Trump going into hiding in his bunker is pretty fucking cowardly, especially given that we're supposed to believe that he is a, 'tough guy'!

You are probably right about that. Mark.

But what about the cop who killed George Floyd wasn't thinking, "I'm protecting the people", but rather, "this is just another black man who I can abuse".

How can you be concerned about looting when another innocent black man has been killed by the police?! Who gives a fuck about material objects when people are being killed?! Get real, Mark, and get some perspective.

You might be right about the looting but to concentrate upon that is to dismiss the real issue here.

That's not fair Buddha. I am only talking about the looters. It's not a question of one over the other.

The cop is pure scum and he deserves the maximum punishment possible. Unfortunately US law enforcement has a lot very unprofessional people. Not helped by the message from the current man at the top.

I'm not a Biden supporter, Jerry. But I do oppose Trump.

Biden probably was just courting black voters and being opportunistic. I don't think that is admirable.

But I do think that Trump going into hiding in his bunker is pretty fucking cowardly, especially given that we're supposed to believe that he is a, 'tough guy'!

Trump has a big mouth but luckily does not follow through on most things. The democrats talk better but actually do worse things than trump. Both sides are owned by the same groups and individuals.

All we will hear is rhetoric from both sides - Its election year.

That's not fair Buddha. I am only talking about the looters. It's not a question of one over the other.

The cop is pure scum and he deserves the maximum punishment possible. Unfortunately US law enforcement has a lot very unprofessional people. Not helped by the message from the current man at the top.

I know that you're only talking about the looters, Mark. That's the problem!

This isn't about one racist cop. This isn't an isolated incident. Black people have been being brutalised and killed by the US police ever since they were 'freed' from slavery.

The only time it becomes news though is when it's captured on camera.

No matter what your opinion of looting and looters (and I really don't think your opinion of them is too far removed from my own) they are not the issue here. The looting is purely a symptom of the anger and rage towards a corrupt and racist system.

Would it be better if there was no looting? Of course it would. But the looting doesn't, or shouldn't, detract from the REAL issue here.

I

Would it be better if there was no looting? Of course it would. But the looting doesn't, or shouldn't, detract from the REAL issue here.

Of course it doesn't and both are very wrong. Neither can be justified but you seem to want to explain one away (not defend just explain) by the other being worse.

Two separate issues in my view.

Protests and even torching police cars are directly linked to his death and you could convince me that they were caused by the anger over his death.

Stealing a TV from Target is not.

I guess you and I have done this one to death. If will be brexit all over again. Perhaps we can agree to disagree on this, even though I dong think we are that different in our views

Of course it doesn't and both are very wrong. Neither can be justified but you seem to want to explain one away (not defend just explain) by the other being worse.

Two separate issues in my view.

Protests and even torching police cars are directly linked to his death and you could convince me that they were caused by the anger over his death.

Stealing a TV from Target is not.

I guess you and I have done this one to death. If will be brexit all over again. Perhaps we can agree to disagree on this, even though I dong think we are that different in our views

We can agree to disagree, mate, but as you say, our views aint that different. I'm not condoning the looting, merely saying that I understand it.

The police brutality/killing and the looting are separate issues but there is a connection. Looting only happens when there is rioting, and very rarely is the rioting simply about looting. On the rare occasions that it is just about looting I wont support it.

When the riots happened in London after the Mark Duggan shooting I was part of an anarchist collective who were on the streets appealing to people to direct their anger towards appropriate targets. We tried to explain that looting and burning small local businesses was counter-productive. We had some success but there were too few of us and too many chose to ignore our pleas.

Last edited:
With 40 million+ unemployed in the USA as a consequence (direct or indirect) of the coronavirus pandemic, the looting, while not excusable, could be the start of much, much more and the long hot summer is only just starting.

There's a historical parallel. According to the well-known expression, Rome's emperor at the time, the decadent and unpopular Nero, “fiddled while Rome burned.” The expression has a double meaning: Not only did Nero play music while his people suffered, but he was an ineffectual leader in a time of crisis. Trump, golf and the USA?

Last edited:
With 40 million+ unemployed in the USA as a consequence (direct or indirect) of the coronavirus pandemic, the looting, while not excusable, could be the start of much, much more and the long hot summer is just starting.

There's a historical parallel. According to the well-known expression, Rome's emperor at the time, the decadent and unpopular Nero, “fiddled while Rome burned.” The expression has a double meaning: Not only did Nero play music while his people suffered, but he was an ineffectual leader in a time of crisis. Trump, golf and the USA?

Trump is not the problem. This has been an ongoing issue and nothing has ever been done apart from the new deal and the civil rights act which the government reluctantly put into law.