You know you're a parent when..... | Vital Football

You know you're a parent when.....

James06

Vital Football Legend
You decide to have a little sing-song in the shower but the only songs that you can think of (because they are firmly stuck in your head) are from sesame street or barney!!!

You wear a top that has food, dribble and snot on the shoulders, because it's in a better state than any of your others.

*both theses things I have done today!

And you learn that the wheels on the bus go round and round

AND that my hat has three corners, three corners has my hat

(Uncle not parent though, thanks for being so exclusive :5: )

Ha ha, I've created a few new verses to row row your boat by way of keeping myself entertained. It includes rowing up the Severn, the Tyne and the Taff. It also includes the Trent but I wouldn't want to offend anyone by telling that verse. (randy!)

...when you come to realise (with a bit of a sinking feeling) that it's a job for life......

BBJ - 2/3/2013 20:01

...when you come to realise (with a bit of a sinking feeling) that it's a job for life......

The only thing that changes as they grow up is your role:

There will still be broken nights in their late teens and 20's when they ring you drunk to pick them up, or drunkenly knock on your door for taxi money, worse get a call from the hospital or police. The 2nd one I have never had TG.

Then there the lieing listening out for them coming in, though mainly that is the Mom as Dad snores his head off.

There still maybe smells of sick from drinking too much: The washing will be as big as ever, infact bigger as as they grow so do there clothes oh and pocket money of 10p's is now @Mom, Daaad' in those tones and it's how much do you want to borrow. The ATM is still alive and drained..

Shall I continue Jim or are you heading for the anti-d's now Haha.

You know what I wouldn't change it for the world

James06 - 2/3/2013 18:19

Ha ha, I've created a few new verses to row row your boat by way of keeping myself entertained. It includes rowing up the Severn, the Tyne and the Taff. It also includes the Trent but I wouldn't want to offend anyone by telling that verse. (randy!)

Haha don't mind me Jim!!!

Even when they leave school they don't get a job - just go on expensive courses that you have to pay for :96:

Still, bless them :17:

Jim, the songs get worse as they get older.

Little Einsteins is good, they feature a different composer and artist every episode, but then it's all downhill from there with The Backyardigans, Wonderpets and Team Umizoomi.

neilh111 - 3/3/2013 21:41

Jim, the songs get worse as they get older.

Little Einsteins is good, they feature a different composer and artist every episode, but then it's all downhill from there with The Backyardigans, Wonderpets and Team Umizoomi.

I don't mind the C Beebies but I hate Nick Jnr.

Oh and you get asked to borrow the car and you have to hide your car keys in a locked safe when you are not using it, or buy them a car so you still have use of yours and don't lose your no claims bonus

SKEGGY - 2/3/2013 18:58

You start threads on forums stating stuff every parent already knows lol

My apologies grumpy crumpy, I thought I would be fun, and maybe even educational. Everyone is a self proclaimed expert though in this field it seems, I'm a novice and openly admit I'll take advice on board as I stumble along.

We have probably frightened you now with some of the tales of parenthood. However to be positive from it we have all survived and surviving it as we on here