You couldn't make it up | Vital Football

You couldn't make it up

G

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273002/Migrants-handed-1m-week-children-home-thousands-British-families-stripped-THEIR-child-benefit.html?ICO=most_read_module#axzz2JtxfzVcE

Britain is giving EU immigrants £1million a week in handouts for children who live abroad.
The payments include child benefit – which was stripped from more than one million British families last month.
The bill is likely to rise still further when Romanians and Bulgarians get free access to the UK jobs market on January 1.
Critics said it was ‘absurd’ to carry on sending money to countries such as Poland when families were losing out at home.
Overall, there are 24,082 child benefit awards currently being made, in respect of 40,171 children, according to a study.
EU citizens are also pocketing child tax credits on behalf of youngsters who are living overseas.
It costs the taxpayer an astonishing £55million a year to fund this system, which is only replicated in four other EU countries. The other 22 nations require the child to be resident in order to qualify.
UK payments relate to cases where migrants have moved to Britain, but left their children at home. When they arrive in the UK, they register with HM Revenue & Customs for the benefit.
The money is then paid direct to them, so it can be sent home. The children do not have to live in the UK or even have visited.
Migrants choose to claim the money from the UK government – rather than in equivalent schemes at home – because the payments are much higher.
In Poland, child benefit is around £5 a week. In Britain, it is £20.30 a week for the first child and £13.40 for every other child.

More at the link.

:81: WTF!

The Tories class war isn't against foreign children, it's against British working-class children. There is no need to punish the innocent foreign children, is there?

Yep it's outrageous read this last week. I knew of two Polish families who moved back to Poland and still continued to claim using friends addresses etc for the rest of the financial year

Just fuels the fire against the immigrants as well, most of whom are here perfectly legitimately, working and not claiming benefits.

Same as foreign aid really, we have all seen tax go up in a time of massive cuts and bank crooks, and yet foreign aid went up.

Charity begins at home, especially when we are giving to two who are amongst the fastest economies in the world... India and Brazil.

The Fear - 4/2/2013 20:55

Just fuels the fire against the immigrants as well, most of whom are here perfectly legitimately, working and not claiming benefits.

Same as foreign aid really, we have all seen tax go up in a time of massive cuts and bank crooks, and yet foreign aid went up.

Charity begins at home, especially when we are giving to two who are amongst the fastest economies in the world... India and Brazil.

Foreign 'aid' is mostly sweeteners for arms deals.

It's not just the fault of 1 government. It is all of them. They are all as bad now

True bodybutter, we really don't know the half of it do we!? Then again, nor does this Tory rag they call the daily mail! :3:

think you will find it was labour who put this magical system into place jonah ....

Tony Blair got an award the other week. It was for opening up the UK to Polish workers.

Jonah yes it did happen under Labour but the unelected coalition have had nearly three years to sort it out! Can't keep using "It happen under Labour" as an excuse

Well Nige has a chance to put it to the test. Huhne has resigned as Eastleigh MP after pleading guilty to lying to the police reference a speed offence. So a By-Election beckons time for UKIP to stop the yibbayabba and stand upto the plate

Jonah - 4/2/2013 14:30

Of course none of this was happening under Labour was it?

You can't really snag me on that mate, remember, I hate them all equally!

I just find the Daily Mail a bit tiresome in their horror stories is all!

On four countries from within the EU allow benefits to be paid for kids who live outside the respective country. I hate Cameron's Tories equally to Miliband's Labour the Lib Dems are pointless ditto UKIP

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could have a common sense party!? Few businessmen in to bring some proper working practices to the country etc.

Won't happen though, come the revolution we'll all be supping a cup of tea!

We have exactly the same situation here in Norway. I was under the impression that it's part of European law, if so the the author of the article must be mistaken as to the status of the other 22 countries mentioned. Either that or someone has pulled the wool over the eyes of the Norwegian government.

SKEGGY - 4/2/2013 15:51

Tony Blair got an award the other week. It was for opening up the UK to Polish workers.

Jonah yes it did happen under Labour but the unelected coalition have had nearly three years to sort it out! Can't keep using "It happen under Labour" as an excuse

And why not? After all it took Labour 13 years to totally fuck this country. they just fucked it a little bit at a time year by year.

The Tories hands are tired by those LibDem c**ts they've attached themselves to. But the fact remains that the system that everyone is up in arms against was introduced by Labour.

You might wish to overlook that fact mate, but I wont.

The bedroom tax? The cutting of child benefit for "higher" earners yep darn Blair!

I'm not defending Blair or blaming Cameron I just think both useless!

Latest Gallup poll commissioned by The Sun states 45% would vote labour 30% Conservative 11% Lib Dem and 9% UKIP 5% other