Yorkshire Cricket Vitality Blast (20 overs) 2021 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Yorkshire Cricket Vitality Blast (20 overs) 2021

I'd forgotten it was on TV and flipped over during a break in the footy just as they were walking off shaking hands yesterday. I don't think I've heard of the new loanee.

He is an experienced player. Previously had a ten year spell at Kent, including a season as captain. I have seen him play a few times - hopefully he will fit in straight away.
Fraine seems to be bogged down with injury problems (which he talked about in a recent interview on Radio Sheffield), and Kohler-Cadmore has a broken finger , and that is in addition to the England call-ups, so we are short of batsmen. One week break in the T20 programme now - next game 9th July.

Last edited:
07/09/21

Outbreak of Covid in the England cricket squad has led to several extra players being called up to play in upcoming international games at short notice. None of them are Yorkshire players though. Root, Bairstow, Willey and Rashid are currently in isolation.

Yorkshire are still missing "just" the seven players!

Regarding the loan players - looks like Stoneman is unavailable for our next T20 game, but Northeast should be able to play.

Last edited:
08/07/21

Showers forecast for tomorrow's T20 game at Trent Bridge. Also - news that Joe Root may be back for a couple more T20 fixtures (not tomorrow though)

Last edited:
09/07/21

Notts v Yorkshire (1830 start)
Looks like the same Yorkshire squad as for previous T20 fixture. Duke is wicket-keeper. Stoneman is unavailable. Team news - Ferguson is not playing (I hope that he is not injured or ill), Poysden has come in as an extra spinner. Yorkshire have won the toss and will bat first.

Update 1 - Start delayed by rain.

Update 2 - Still not started the game (2020) . Also YCCC Twitter - Ferguson is out with a side strain of some sort.

Update 3 - Match reduced to 7 overs per side.

Update 4 - Yorkshire 60-3 (Innings closed). Lyth 26, Thompson 28

Update 5 - Notts 65-0 (3.4 overs). Trego 29, Hales 31.

Yorkshire total was unlikely to ever be enough to win.

Notts won by 10 wickets.

Last edited:
16/07/21

YCCC Squad news re tomorrow's T20 match... Four England players are unavailable, but Root, Stoneman and Fraine are back. Olivier and Northeast are not contracted to play. Kohler-Cadmore, Ferguson and Leech are out injured. Just the nine players missing then!

I suppose other counties will be missing some players due to England fixtures, Covid and injuries, but we seem to have come off the worst

17/07/21

Lancs v Yorks (1700 start)
Root returns as captain. Duke is the wicket keeper. Yorkshire won the toss and are batting first.

Update 1 -Yorkshire 128-7 (innings closed) Root 32, Ballance 31. Best Lancs bowler was L. Wood with 4-20. Unlikely to be enough runs- Yorkshire got off to a poor start, losing a couple of early wickets, then never really picked up the batting pace needed in T20.

Update 2 - Lancs131-6 (19 overs) Wells 30. Best Yorkshire bowler was Waite with 2-17. Lancs made quite hard work of it, but never really looked like losing.

Lancs won by 4 wickets.

Last edited:
!8/07/21

Derbyshire v Yorkshire. Match cancelled by the ECB due to Covid problems at Derbyshire CCC.
A points average will be awarded for the game.

Yorkshire have already qualified for the T20 knock-out stage. Next game (Quarter-final) is a home tie, but may have to be played at Scarboro' , or possibly Chester-Le-Street, because of England's use of Headingley. Joe Root should be available to play, and possibly Lockie Ferguson too.

Last edited:
Could be . Not sure if it is because of that, Covid regulations relating to big crowds, or what. A couple of 50-over Cup games are scheduled for Scarboro' soon, though I don't think they are day/night matches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19/07/21
Quarter-final draw - Yorks v Sussex (24th August at Chester-le-Street)

Last edited:
15/08/21

Over a week to the T20 quarter-final game. We should have our "Hundred" players available again for it. Haven't checked how they have been getting on. Kohler-Cadmore was fit enough to play though. Malan and Bess could be available too , but not the other England players.

19/08/21

Malan has just been recalled by England for the Test team, so is unlikely to be available for our T20 quarter-final match. The "Hundred" players seem to have got through uninjured in their games so far.

23/08/21

YCCC Squad news... Although Root, Bairstow and Malan are still on England duty, Rashid and Willey are available to play, and so are all the "Hundred " players. Ferguson is out due to Covid isolation regulations.

Last edited:
24/08/21

Yorkshire v Sussex (T20 QF)
Venue : Chester-le-Street (1830 start)
Yorkshire won the toss and are batting first. Willey is captain , Duke is wicketkeeper. Rashid replaces Bess.

Update 1 : Yorkshire 177-7 (innings closed). Kohler-Cadmore 55, Ballance 55. Best Sussex bowler was Mills with 3-39. Not sure if that total will be enough.

Update 2 ; Sussex 178-5 (19.4 overs) Wright 54. Best Yorkshire bowler was Thompson with 3-28. Close game, but we really needed a few more runs on the board,

Sussex won by 5 wickets
Yorkshire were eliminated from the competition

Last edited: