York Street | Vital Football

York Street

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Inspired by the thread on Griffin Park I see it’s the last game at York Street tomorrow.
In it’s own way got its own history and I’m sure Boston fans will miss not being able to attend the last game

I seem to recall barely being able to move. The away end was that full when we played there!

Cracking old school proper ground in the town centre with decent pubs and a chippy nearby. Will be a shame to see it go....but I guess that’s progress.

Love York Street. Although it was mostly rebuilt around 1979 for the Alliance Premier league launch it’s a proper football ground. Fans close to the pitch, great terrace at the Town End, a quirky two tier stand on York Street and corner floodlights. Hemmed in Town centre location. What’s not to like. Been their a number of times over the years. That fantastic Boxing Day last minute win and the Tuesday night win in front of their record league crowd under the lights. The new ground off the A16 looks okay but it’s not a patch on York Street and will start life with only two sides too.

I've been there once. After Lincoln had been in the Conference first time, we started watching a bit of Conference football, starting with Stafford Rangers (resident county) v Boston (home county), and then went to odd games if Boston were playing reasonably nearby. On a visit to Lincoln. Boston were playing midweek at home against Colchester, so we (my lads and dad) went to our one and only "home" game

I hope the sun will be shining on York Street today. Good luck to all those connected with Boston Utd - I hope you do it.

What a fitting way to leave York Street for the last time with promotion.