Yesterday's match officials | Vital Football

Yesterday's match officials

Brexiteer

Vital Squad Member
You could see that Lee Probert and his team have officiated at the highest level. I thought overall the standard of officiating was good, the game flowed and you didn't really notice the officials. On a lighter note it was amusing to see the assistant referee funning the line by the Gordon Road stand discreetly give a very outspoken fan the finger!!

Yes and deservedly so. That mouthy little Tw.. is an embarrassment sometimes. (If its the same one on the front row) He was giving Clough a right mouthful and was way over the top

Sounds like you are talking about the Medway Stand, Kettners, whereas Brexit was referring to somebody in the Gordon Road stand.

Surely spectators like that should be identified and warned or banned? (the one Ketts talks about if he is way over the top)

If nothing else, fans around them should let them know to shut the **@* up.

Some see it as part of the sport if you have a go at the opposing manager, but Young Cloughie had done precious little but sit at the back of the dug-out. He only got up at the front a few times.
What did get some of the Medway stand was the way one of his deputies virtually hemmed the fourth official inside his area, blocking his view of the game, by leaning on the wall that divides the two areas.

The assistant referee in question was on the Gordon Road side. He engaged in some friendly banter with a couple who slag off referees and assistants in every game. The rest of us enjoyed it. It seemed to wind them up, amusingly !

Yes and deservedly so. That mouthy little Tw.. is an embarrassment sometimes. (If its the same one on the front row) He was giving Clough a right mouthful and was way over the top

Is that the bloke who sits right next to the away dugout? He's been there a good few seasons and i think he's a pork pie short of a picnic if you get my jest. He's very excitable but i dont think he crosses the line in terms of abuse. The steward down the front has a quiet word now and again to calm him down.

Quite right Billy, a harmless plonker rather than a tw&t and likely to be replicated up and down the country.