YES!!!!! Pochettino. | Page 3 | Vital Football

YES!!!!! Pochettino.

Plenty time to prove Poch can win something, Comforting to know the Levy/Poch relationship is that of sharing a common goal. They both need to have faith in each other and that seems to be the case.
Happy days.

Now, let's forget about always being a a"transition period" and get this squad sorted the long term!

I bet Levy has put in a massive buy out clause for Poch.

Madrid and the chavs always do the rounds of the sacked managers. They will probably go for Conte or Wenger.

I would have been worried but as RD says Levy would have installed all sorts of clauses in Poch's contract.
Although I am sure Real will test the water with Poch I could see Wenger going there maybe on a 1 year contract or in a director of football role with a young head coach.
Or they may have been impressed with the job Klopp has done at the scousers!! Just a thought.

Not So Fast!

Zidane quits Madrid and now the word is RM want to buy Poch out of his new Spurs contract...WHAT!! :shake::wagging:

Poch goes or Poch stays, I'm not going to pretend to be that bothered either way, sure he's improved us but improved is a bit meh, no trophies have ever been handed out for improved a bit.

But I still think Real or any other top club want proven winners or an in house icon as their manager, so pretty sure Poch will still be here next season.

Real don't want projects, they want trophies. Poch is yet to deliver the latter. I just can't bring myself to believe that the biggest club in the world would hire a manager who hasn't won a trophy and isn't even an ex-Real player.

IF they were to come calling and were able to negotiate Levy, I think Poch would leave. Its Real Madrid! People always leave for Real Madrid.

Poch is young enough to continue learning his trade , continuing the upward curve , taking each year and learning from it . Even in ten years time there is no way he would be too old to take the RM job . Why would he risk everything he has been building for the last eight or so years as a manager on the biggest job ,probably , in football . Where would he go if it all went tits up , cos with their expectations there just isn't any room for the upward curve he his pushing with us . You HAVE to hit the ground running there . They finished third in the league last season , miles behind Barca. Fair enough , the CL victory was massive but Zidanne knows he had a massive job on his hands for next season with the unrest of certain players ,and we all know who they are , and the odds of a fourth consecutive CL was a gamble he just wasn't prepared to back himself on and ending up getting sacked . He has gone , reputation intact and can step into any job in world football.
He knows that next season Barca will have been through their mini transition , are settled and improving and pushing on again , Messi is over his troubles , Neymar has hardly been missed. Suarez is maturing into an awesome acquisition , and the manager has hardly any problems .
At the moment , in my opinion the RM job is the proverbial poison chalice . Just take a look at the players who are coming to the end , or are at the peak of their careers and won't get BETTER. They may have a brilliant core of players but can they sustain that over the entire season .overcoming that is daunting to say the least.
The only difference with us and Poch is that it's recognised that we are building up to their level .Levy has given Poch the time he has needed , and Poch has delivered what Levy demanded.
If Poch went there , it would be a different ball game ..... Deal with an unsettled element in the team , get in immediate ( world class) replacements , build a team in the shortest of close seasons , due to it being a World Cup year....Win or ship out . Reputation shot in one season . Go to jail ,do not pass go , and start all over again.
I just cannot see why he would even contemplate it at this stage in his career . Zidanne didn't jump ship on a whim .

Poch is young enough to continue learning his trade , continuing the upward curve , taking each year and learning from it . Even in ten years time there is no way he would be too old to take the RM job . Why would he risk everything he has been building for the last eight or so years as a manager on the biggest job ,probably , in football . Where would he go if it all went tits up , cos with their expectations there just isn't any room for the upward curve he his pushing with us . You HAVE to hit the ground running there . They finished third in the league last season , miles behind Barca. Fair enough , the CL victory was massive but Zidanne knows he had a massive job on his hands for next season with the unrest of certain players ,and we all know who they are , and the odds of a fourth consecutive CL was a gamble he just wasn't prepared to back himself on and ending up getting sacked . He has gone , reputation intact and can step into any job in world football.
He knows that next season Barca will have been through their mini transition , are settled and improving and pushing on again , Messi is over his troubles , Neymar has hardly been missed. Suarez is maturing into an awesome acquisition , and the manager has hardly any problems .
At the moment , in my opinion the RM job is the proverbial poison chalice . Just take a look at the players who are coming to the end , or are at the peak of their careers and won't get BETTER. They may have a brilliant core of players but can they sustain that over the entire season .overcoming that is daunting to say the least.
The only difference with us and Poch is that it's recognised that we are building up to their level .Levy has given Poch the time he has needed , and Poch has delivered what Levy demanded.
If Poch went there , it would be a different ball game ..... Deal with an unsettled element in the team , get in immediate ( world class) replacements , build a team in the shortest of close seasons , due to it being a World Cup year....Win or ship out . Reputation shot in one season . Go to jail ,do not pass go , and start all over again.
I just cannot see why he would even contemplate it at this stage in his career . Zidanne didn't jump ship on a whim .
This^

While I'm not worried about Pochettino leaving, I think he has integrity and a new 5 year contract is a good sign. I think he would honour it; but who would we get as a new manager should somone make him an offer he couldn't refuse? (Realistically, everyone has their price). I can't think of another top top flight manager that I think would realistically come to us, which is what we really need if he did leave. I DO think though that with the new stadium and training facilities and the fact that we are a London club must have some huge positives in attracting people. If I try and put myself in Pochettino's place, I think I would be very aware that the club has built itself around me. I would also be wanting to see the finished stadium and see the pristine modern facilities etc. and have that feeling that it happened under my tenure. That in itself has to be a great honour for any manager, surely.

Poch goes or Poch stays, I'm not going to pretend to be that bothered either way, sure he's improved us but improved is a bit meh, no trophies have ever been handed out for improved a bit.

But I still think Real or any other top club want proven winners or an in house icon as their manager, so pretty sure Poch will still be here next season.
I for one remember dreaming of CL football and was almost in tears when Harry got us there, sure we haven't won anything. But I would argue that CL football is more important at this stage of our development than a domestic cup.