Yes or No | Page 12 | Vital Football

Yes or No

Sack or Not

• Total voters
The club couldn't give a fuck about the fans, so why should we bother?

I'm gonna give it a few more weeks if things don't change or we don't get someone in who knows how to motivate a team then they can fuck off, i've shown enough loyalty over the years but not prepared to have them take the piss! Better things to do than follow this shit!

:taz:

Paddying after a week off. That's some going that Norm. Dedication to the cause.
:clap::clap::clap:

To be fair both of those were crisis clubs in the Prem - Sunderland was horrible but under circumstances did well in the end at West Ham - completely different to what he'd need to do at champ level where I think he would do a lot better.

Moyes wouldn't be one of my first choices though.
Your choice is? No Garry monk available Karanka and hughton are way out of our league.

Stunk the place out at stoke though

He did, but think Stoke job proving a nightmare for last 3 or so managers. So weighing that up against working wonders at Burton and Birmingham on a shoestring and did well at Derby too - think he's a good manager but Stoke job was too big for him while we'd be a great fit. I think Stoke failure is a gift to us as it puts him on the market and gives us a chance to get a manager we had zero chance of attracting 2 seasons ago when he had Derby close to promotion or the year before when he had Birmingham in the play off mix.

Sounds like a bit of a plea for his job

“If the owners or the chairman ever decided they wanted to go in another direction, that’s football today.

"But I certainly don’t ever think about that side of things.

“All I think about, my only thought process, is how I can make us successful.

“If you look at the last three years in the Championship...how many managers we’ve had, how many players we’ve had...if people want to continue with that cycle, good luck. I’ve no problem what that.

Sounds like a bit of a plea for his job

“If the owners or the chairman ever decided they wanted to go in another direction, that’s football today.

"But I certainly don’t ever think about that side of things.

“All I think about, my only thought process, is how I can make us successful.

“If you look at the last three years in the Championship...how many managers we’ve had, how many players we’ve had...if people want to continue with that cycle, good luck. I’ve no problem what that.

Why didn't you post the full interview?

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1000117531?-1882:1064

Normally means the beginning of the end when managers come out so defensive. All we need is the club to issue a statement supporting him and then we know hes definitely gone!

And just to pick him up on the "I think I’m the first Wigan Athletic manager to stay in the Championship – even without parachute money” quote. Uwe Rosler kept us up and in fact almost took us up (albeit with parachute payments), and a few years before that Paul Jewell kept us up when it was the First Division and took us up the season after it was renamed the Championship.

So, he is the first to keep us up in the Championship without parachute payments (credit where its due), but only because Jewell kept us up before it was actually called the Championship and then took us up when it was. Half a point for effort Cookie, but nowt else!

Normally means the beginning of the end when managers come out so defensive. All we need is the club to issue a statement supporting him and then we know hes definitely gone!

Remember before one game last season when it seemed he was hanging by a thread and he got very aggitated with a journalist asking standard questions at the pre match presser (was it Villa at home?). Wonder if we'll see any of that again before Chalrton if the Hull game goes wrong?

Because I just picked out the parts where I thought he was making a plea for his job simples

Or is it because you want to put Cook in a bad light?
For me Cook is asking the fans to get behind the team and give them time to develop. To stop being impatient. It takes at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to build a squad.
It's not like Paul Jewells time here when players could be bought and sold for 9 months of the year.
We showed last season by keeping faith with him he kept us up.
Even though we've had a bad start and our away form is dire Paul will keep us up and get us further up the table.

I think most people agree that last season's squad was just about good enough to keep us up. We also agree that the summer signings have improved the squad. So lets give them the time they need. It might even take a few more new signings in January to get us firing on all cylinders.

I also don't think Cook wants us to be a long ball team. When certain players are back we'll start playing a more attractive style.

Or is it because you want to put Cook in a bad light?
For me Cook is asking the fans to get behind the team and give them time to develop. To stop being impatient. It takes at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to build a squad.
It's not like Paul Jewells time here when players could be bought and sold for 9 months of the year.
We showed last season by keeping faith with him he kept us up.
Even though we've had a bad start and our away form is dire Paul will keep us up and get us further up the table.

I think most people agree that last season's squad was just about good enough to keep us up. We also agree that the summer signings have improved the squad. So lets give them the time they need. It might even take a few more new signings in January to get us firing on all cylinders.

I also don't think Cook wants us to be a long ball team. When certain players are back we'll start playing a more attractive style.

I certainly don't want to show him in a bad light I have been one of his biggest fans. It was just the way I felt after reading the article but after saying that I do think it's time for a change.

To stop being impatient. It takes at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to build a squad.

Paul Cook has already had 5 windows - 3 of them at this level. a Championship season is 46 games - Our results over the last 46 games have been horrific - on a par with Malky and worse than Joyce win ratio and the standard of football and tactics aren't much better the majority of the time. It's getting worse not better - it's not impatient - it's just calling a spade and spade.

We always have the excuse of injuries - people were saying last year we were missing Jacobs, Grigg, Massey when Powell was fit and not playing well - but 2 of them are fit now and they are making no difference and Grigg is struggling in L1 - so where we really missing them that much? We've got virtually everyone fit who was likely to start except Windass - but lets be honest half of the time last season he was poor and got dropped - it's not like he is Reece James. Having him fit will help but it's not like him being back will solve all of our problem. Injuries are just being used again as an excuse for being rubbish.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I don't have the time or inclination to read every post, particularly the overly long ones, but I haven't seen anyone using injuries as an excuse. Apologies if I've missed it.
I do agree, we are rubbish.

And just to pick him up on the "I think I’m the first Wigan Athletic manager to stay in the Championship – even without parachute money” quote. Uwe Rosler kept us up and in fact almost took us up (albeit with parachute payments), and a few years before that Paul Jewell kept us up when it was the First Division and took us up the season after it was renamed the Championship.

So, he is the first to keep us up in the Championship without parachute payments (credit where its due), but only because Jewell kept us up before it was actually called the Championship and then took us up when it was. Half a point for effort Cookie, but nowt else!
(On the pitch) Away from home he's been coming out defensive for over a year and the penny still fails to drop with him.
That's why it's time to move on.

(On the pitch) Away from home he's been coming out defensive for over a year and the penny still fails to drop with him.
That's why it's time to move on.

The away form continues to be crap...but the home form is following fast. The assembled team doesn't look good enough ....can anyone get a tune out of them ?