Yeovil | Vital Football

Yeovil

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Yeovil have won their last 5 or 6 games and we have no clue how to win at home so I am expecting another disappointing afternoon at the Vic. Two or three nil.

With Pools you just don't know what to expect. Beating an inform Yeovil is well within their capabilities; just as losing with a whimper is!

Donaldson and Featherstone are available again after their suspensions (I think?) and with the departure of Noble there's an opportunity for someone to step up and make an impact, Hawkes or Holohan perhaps.
Anyway, I'm going for a Poolie victory.

Agree totally OP
That's why we're in the mess we're in, inconsistency.
We never know what we're going to get.
Absolutely anything could happen tomorrow, particularly if Donaldson starts.

Hawkes, Holohan, Featherstone, Mafuta, Bale, Kennedy, friggin hell a midfield containing a half fit Molyneux with a broken leg, one arm, impaired vision and a sh*t haircut would prove to be a better midfield as long as there is no Donaldson in there. Harsh but i just don’t rate him and now that it’s come out he an Noble had their fingers in other pies it excuses his performances, he probably doesn’t want to get injured or is saving his energy for his other roles.

I’ve said in other threads I thought he and Noble should have gone in the summer and I stand by that. Every manager has their favourites, unfortunately they’re not always the best players. This is probably the best squad Hignett will assemble but for whatever reason we can’t get a consistent eleven or run together.
:red:

I get your point about Donaldson, Billy2, as I too would have released in the summer along with several others. However, I do think Donaldson does bring some energy into the midfield, which is lacking in Mafuta and Featherstone.
Inconsistency seems to be indemic for Pools, only Raynes giving the same level of performance each game.

Pools dominate first half but cant score. I bet we can all guess what happens next. Yeovil score and we push for an equalizer leaving ourselves open at the back and they get another. Final score 0-2. Well that's what reckon. Hope I'm wrong. Too much reliance on Tore no creativity from rest of the team.

Nearly blew it at the end!
Excellent performance from the back 3, and good link up play by Donaldson.
Started to struggle around the 70 minute mark as Yeovil changed personnel and formation. But I think we were value for the win, if only we started to convert a bigger percentage of the chances we create we could be win more comfortably.

Glad my prediction was wrong and over the moon with the win. Pools played 15 games this season and this is only the fourth time they have scored more than once. Wouldn't it be nice to have a two goal lead instead of trying to hang on to a single goal lead. Defence just not up to it. First win in six. Well done.

Well, I left at 86 mins and was fully expecting a draw by the time I got home, certainly wasn’t expecting us to win. Excellent platform for the next two games against opposition currently below us.

We’re creating loads of chances and could easily have left them bruised and embarrassed at half time having what felt like 8 or 9 corners.

Give him his due Donaldson was very good first half, poorer second and could easily have been replaced when Featherstone came on.

Loads of positives, Raynes and Kerr excellent, Richardson was good as was Kioso, first half stand out players were Mafuta, Kioso and Toure.

Kennedy is a much better player than Noble, Kitching is improving all the time, James will always be a nuisance and Toure’s close control is exceptional for this level.

Plus we didn’t see Hawkes or Holohan today, well not in the 86 mins i watched.

To end a 7 game winning streak is no mean fete but it needs to continue, at least for the next two games.

Thanks for the report billy. By all accounts we played them off the park. The questions remain. Why did it take a miracle to get the win despite the fact we battered them? Why do we find scoring so difficult despite all the chances created? Why do we always concede despite dominating? Looking forward to Stockport on the telly. I wonder which Pools team will turn up?

Sadly, as we Poolies know only too well, "after the Lord Mayor's show" follows the dustcart.
So, Alf2, I fully expect Wednesday game to be an ignominious defeat.

Hope I'm wrong!

I know exactly what you mean and I am hoping you are wrong though I suspect you could be right. Wouldn't it be nice to score two goals?

….. Why do we find scoring so difficult despite all the chances created?

It's something they are aware of and are trying to rectify on the training pitch. That certainly seems to be the case from Hignett's post match interview.

He has been harping on at them to get in front of goal as the ball comes in, looks like it's working as both goals came from that type of scenario, although i missed our second it seems that was the case. It doesn't matter how they go in as long as they go in type of mindset.

We've got to get out of this league with this squad cos it's all geared up to play entertaining league football and not designed to be pushed about by thugs like Murphy, the guy was just bundling into people and pushing them over no skill involved just putting his weight about.

Good post Billy. There is 16 minutes of highlights from the game on You Tube. Watching that, it seems to me the Murphy goal should have been stopped because there was a Pools player marking Murphy but just not close enough so in effect Murphy had a free header. The Pools player (number 5) threw himself to the ground when Murphy scored. Murphy was their top scorer and most dangerous player so someone needed to be up his backside every second of the game: a yard away was no good.