Yeovil | Vital Football

Yeovil

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Neither they nor Pools are prolific in front of goal, and neither concede many either. Got goalless draw written all over it.

Excellent result, shows what I know?

Need another good performance on Tuesday, wins breed confidence, confidence brings results.

Encouraging result. If we could play all our games away from home I would be optimistic of promotion. Including cup games we are unbeaten in 90 minutes in all games having won them all bar Salford which I count as a draw. At home we have only one win all season so far with two draws and two losses and of course we tried everything we could to lose to Altrincham but didn't quite mange it . Today it sounds like we battered Yeovil in the first half and then used the second half as defence practice. All joking aside, how can we solve the home form riddle?

Last edited:
From what I've seen on live stream, our home performance aren't that bad. The problem is that we fail to score, enough, from early domination / opportunities. Against Wrexham we created good opportunities in the first half, but failed to score, second half a bit of lax defending gifted Wrexham an undeserved goal and that was it!
Hoping that with games, Oates might improve his finishing.

Although we obviously create chances in home games, we dont create enough clear chances. As I said above the Wrexham keeper only made 4 saves all game. We dont have the nous to deal with teams who set up to defend like Wrexham, Bromley, Altrincham. Torquay just destroyed us from the kick off so that wasn't typical. Even our one home win in against Aldershot was a struggle but we put that down to early season rustiness. Anyway, fingers crossed DC has some tactical tweaks up his sleeve to sort this out.