Yeovil Town (a): What 3 things did we learn? | Vital Football

Yeovil Town (a): What 3 things did we learn?

I learned that next time we play somewhere that far away on a Tuesday night, I should go on the train (if possible), stay one night and return!

I learned that next time we play somewhere that far away on a Tuesday night, I should go on the train (if possible), stay one night and return!
Hopefully that wont be HP as it is 3 miles or more out of town with no late buses and disinterested taxi firms. Even the local Wetherspoons is named after the first person to circumnavigate the earth 3 times!

Last edited:
1. Rowe and Bolger have slotted right in. The Cowley method of picking the person rather than the player means the team is looking tightly knit and ready to kick on after a difficult Christmas period.
2. Goals continue to come from around the team. Because of this, Akinde is under no pressure to be an out and out goal scorer. He is a guaranteed starter. The Cowleys are clearly happy with him carrying out their instructions. Rhead cannot occupy a whole defence like Akinde can, and a backup option is sorely needed.
3. Execution from set pieces is consistent and has clearly been worked on through the year. Bolger adding to the aerial presence through the team bodes well for when things aren’t going so well in open play. O’Connor is the main long free kick and corner taker and the quality did drop off when he was subbed.