Yeovil, the next massive game. | Vital Football

Yeovil, the next massive game.

berksimps

Vital Football Hero
As with all remaining games, the next one becomes the biggest, the one to focus on, not Bury, at least not yet. From a fans point of view, Yeovil is up there with the likes of Barrow as a difficult place to get to. On a Tuesday night in January, unless you live within 90 miles, it is an ultimate test of commitment, or possible insanity.

Only Matt Rhead will have witnessed Lincoln playing in front of so few diehard fans in recent years. Those fans will deserve guaranteed tickets for our final game of the season, they will be the ones that have gone the extra, extra, extra mile.

And no I am not going, the 326 mile round trip to Lincoln and back on Saturday was enough. Yeovil is way more difficult; due to work commitments it is a game too far. Well done to all who make that special effort on Tuesday night. The team will need you at Yeovil just as much as they did on Saturday, and just as much as they will at Bury.

For those who are driving and can get to the South West early a few imps are meeting up in the Bull Inn Ilchester from 6.00

I think this is exactly the sort of match that should be available on ifollow. Midweek game and miles away. But it should only be available to away supporters.. (unless there is a sell out)

As DC said, these are the games that get you promoted/win you leagues.

A win puts us 6 clear of 2nd and 10 clear of 4th (with a superior GD, too), admittedly with Mansfield also having games in hand.

It's a fair trek on a midweek night.
Means an early morning start at work, early finish, 500mile trip, home and bed about 3am, alarm next day at 6-30 am. First thought is no chance in hell but then again this is LCFC and Danny Cowley 2019 and we may NEVER have it this good again in my lifetime.
Yep go on I've persuaded myself, see you Imps in Somerset.

I think this match is actually season defining tbh! I think if we can win and open up a 6 point gap with a game in hand on Bury the title is there for the taking no matter what the result on Saturday! These are the games we have to win if we want to win the League imo and Danny was right in what he said on Saturday.

Really wish I could have gone