Yellow Cards - Current State Of Play | Page 4 | Vital Football

Yellow Cards - Current State Of Play

Impalex - 24/3/2018 17:26

I assume any ban with less than three games remaining would result in a carry over to next season?

Also, what about the play offs?

Good question.

As far as I know, the play-offs count. That would obviously extend the number of games remaining from 8 to at least 10, possibly 11.

I have a feeling the slate is wiped clean at the end of the season.

Anyone have the definitive answers?

Reaching the play-offs would therefore drag Eardley, Wilson and Waterfall into the danger zone, albeit very low risk - they would have to be booked in all 10 games in order to miss the play-off final.

Not sure I agree with carrying red card suspensions over - a new season should mean a new season. If points, goals etc are not carried over, why are red cards?

Up to and including the Exeter game.

One yellow today for Palmer.

9: Michael Bostwick, Ollie Palmer, Matt Rhead
7: Lee Frecklington
5: Neal Eardley, Luke Waterfall, James Wilson
4: Tom Pett, Alex Woodyard
3: Matt Green, Sam Habergham
2: Scott Wharton
1: Ryan Allsop, Paul Farman, Sean Long, Danny Rowe, Elliott Whitehouse, Jordan Williams
0: Harry Anderson, Cameron Stewart, Josh Vickers.

The cut-off point for fifteen yellows is the final game of the season. Fifteen yellows incurred on or before then will incur a three-match ban.

Only Rhead, Bostwick and Palmer can now pick up a yellow card ban within the regular season, and Frecklington joins them if we make the play-offs.

palmer gets a lot of yellows considering the number of minutes he spends on the pitch. #angermanagementclasses

At least 2 of Palmer's are for taking his shirt off that I can think of. A bit needless, really, but he really does get "pumped" when he scores, doesn't he?

I'm just weighing up whether I would be happy with 6 winning goals from Ollie & 6 yellows to go with them. On balance probably am !

Up to and including the Carlisle game.

One yellow today for Green.

5: Neal Eardley, Luke Waterfall, James Wilson
4: Matt Green, Tom Pett, Alex Woodyard
3: Sam Habergham
1: Ryan Allsop, Paul Farman, Sean Long, Danny Rowe, Elliott Whitehouse, Jordan Williams

The cut-off point for fifteen yellows is the final game of the season. Fifteen yellows incurred on or before then will incur a three-match ban.

Only Rhead, Bostwick and Palmer can now pick up a ban for the play-off semi-finals, and Frecklington could miss the play-off final if he is somehow booked in all 8 games before then.

Up to and including the Port Vale game.

Yellows today for Waterfall and Eardley.

6: Neal Eardley, Luke Waterfall
5: James Wilson

Only Rhead, Bostwick and Palmer can now pick up a ban, and that cannot be before the second leg of a play-off semi-final.

Up to and including the Wycombe game.

No yellows for City tonight.

6: Neal Eardley, Luke Waterfall

Only Rhead, Bostwick and Palmer can pick up a ban, and that cannot now be before the play-off final.

Up to and including the Colchester game.

Two yellows today, for Eardley and Rhead.

10: Matt Rhead
9: Michael Bostwick, Ollie Palmer
7: Neal Eardley, Lee Frecklington
6: Luke Waterfall

Fifteen yellows incurred on or before the final game of the season will incur a three-match ban.

That means only Rhead can pick up a yellow card ban, and that cannot be before the play-off final. He would need a yellow in each of the three remaining league games and both legs of the play-off semi-final.

Up to and including the Colchester game.

Two yellows today, for Eardley and Rhead.

10: Matt Rhead
9: Michael Bostwick, Ollie Palmer
7: Neal Eardley, Lee Frecklington
6: Luke Waterfall

Fifteen yellows incurred on or before the final game of the season will incur a three-match ban.

That means only Rhead can pick up a yellow card ban, and that cannot be before the play-off final. He would need a yellow in each of the three remaining league games and both legs of the play-off semi-final.
I think Waterfall was booked for his celebration