Yates | Vital Football

Yates

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
A few weeks ago there were suggestions that Ryan Yates
was about to go out on a year long loan to Rotherham.

I already had Rotherham down as one of my main suspects
for relegation before a ball was kicked.

It was this, that had me worried for Yates - Had he gone
there and played in a side that struggled from the start I
can't help wondering what it might have done for his confidence!!!

Would he have come back as a better player from the
experience? - I doubt it - but will he get enough game time
here that will benefit him? - again I doubt it.

I guess he's in between a rock & a hard place being behind
players like Watson/Colback & Guédioura so where would
he be better off because we ain't going to send him out to
a team in this league that are going to be competing with
us hopefully near to the top six.

Your thoughts!!!

I wouldn't want to see him in that awful Rotherham side. They are a bunch of bruisers. Not sure what experience he'll gain other than strengthening his neck muscles watching the ball launched over his head towards their strikers and potentially being coached how to scythe a player down without drawing a card.

Yates would improve Rotherham but Rotherham wouldn’t improve Yates.

He is too good for league one but being the best player in a side that is being turned over most weeks won’t do him any favours.

Had Burton still been in the division that might have been a reasonable move but as it stands he is probably better off with us.

Yates would improve Rotherham but Rotherham wouldn’t improve Yates.

He is too good for league one but being the best player in a side that is being turned over most weeks won’t do him any favours.

Had Burton still been in the division that might have been a reasonable move but as it stands he is probably better off with us.
Good post Basha. If we do loan him out although I agree it would be better for him to play in the championship It wouldn't be a bad thing if he went to a footballing side like Luton , for example, in league one.

Yeah he will either break through or go out on loan at Christmas if he isn’t getting game time.

With his ability we should be able to ensure he goes to a club that will improve him if the latter is the case.

Perhaps a foreign loan would be better for him to a level that's close to the Championship - i.e. Eredivisie, German 2nd division or to maybe a higher end League One standard club like a Rangers that will try to play football.

Perhaps a foreign loan would be better for him to a level that's close to the Championship - i.e. Eredivisie, German 2nd division or to maybe a higher end League One standard club like a Rangers that will try to play football.

Good shout imo worth considering since his game time will be limited with us atm.