Wycombe | Vital Football

Wycombe

We've not drawn an away league match all season but I fancy a draw tomorrow too. Wycombe's home form hasn't been great over the last 6 weeks or so. We ought to go there confident that we can get something. Hopefully we'll be fully recovered from last Sunday's efforts.

I'll go 2-2.

The turnaround in form is quite stunning. Before Nolan arrived, we lost 10 on the bounce and yet in our last 10 games we have taken 20 points.

It really is amazing when you consider that 9 out of today's starting 11 were here before Nolan arrived. Not long ago, we would all have feared the worst with the back 4 that we put out today but they kept a clean sheet today and didn't sound particularly troubled.

Let's make it 3 on the spin next weekend. If we do, we'll surely be closer to the play offs than the relegation zone. I wouldn't have dreamt that was possible only 2 months ago.

Nolan has done a fantastic job. It must have been atrocious behind the scenes under the Trews when you see Sheridan doing well at Oldham and the likes of Duffy, Hewitt, Hollis and Collin transformed.
Hardy and Nolan can hopefully emulate the Pavis / Warnock and Runner / Sirrel relationship and remain a strong and united team around which the club can regain that sense of unity that's been lacking for years.

I can't take any credit for Jimmy Sirrel's success rol

Seriously though, your point about the club before the new era must be true. There was clearly something seriously wrong at the club and it was having a huge effect on everybody who was working there.

The green shoots are there for everyone to see. We've had a few false dawns over the years but dare I say that this time it feels like it could develop into something special.

Predictive text, yes Dunnett.
I also think that Nolan has something about him. It's hard to put your finger on it because it goes beyond win ratios. God knows, we've had enough managers through the door to get a feel for who's going to make it and Nolan feels like a man on the way up to me.
I never felt that about the likes of Mark Cooper, Shaun Derry or Keith Curle who aren't bad managers.
Sheridans a funny one, his record says he's good but he just couldn't make it work here, and after he slagged the team off too harshly and too soon after the Mansfield game it quickly went very bad.