Wycombe nearing a sellout | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wycombe nearing a sellout

Rule 34.2.1

Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Within the rules we were allocated the minimum amount of seats for the game
You obviously agree with what I said i.e. I don't blame you for doing it before I also went onto say WE should be lobbying the League for a rule change. I should add that Exeter and others opted out of the maximum uptake so Wycombe could have done so also if they so wished,

Rule 34.2.1

Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Yes, but as above, you don't have to accept them. For example, Exeter accepted 400-420.

There was never any danger of Wycombe bringing anywhere near 1,000.

Rule 34.2.1

Your missing some words out my friend: "or a total by mutual consent".

There is no reason why Wycombe could not have requested the whole of the SW on the basis of blocks of ticket sold, say an intial 500 tickets once they have sold in say batches of 200 released in incrementals sales up to the capacity of the SW, with a cut-off for buying tickets at the end of play today. On that basis if Wycombe fans did have the appetite to travel to Sincil Bank on a Tuesday they could have had the whole of the SW. It also caters for whats has happened, a modest away ticket sales this would have allowed for arrangements with due segregation, for Imps supporters to take up the balance of the SW.

Whats wrong with that? I'll tell you, Wycombe being bloody minded which has lead to a potentially dangerous situation of allowing pay on the day to the away following knowing the home parts of the ground are sold out, and the certainity of Imps fans being in the away end.

There was not a hope in Hades that the Wycombe were ever going to have a travelling support of near a 1000, its not as though its an hours drive away and another 700 are going to make a decision based on it being a nice spring evening to nip over to Lincoln and watch a football match. Common sense should have prevailed.

Last edited:
You obviously agree with what I said i.e. I don't blame you for doing it before I also went onto say WE should be lobbying the League for a rule change. I should add that Exeter and others opted out of the maximum uptake so Wycombe could have done so also if they so wished,

Agree with Hullouts suggestion, but the 10% rule means away Clubs other than the best supported, are not going to fill the Stacey West.

We have known about the segregation issues in that stand since midway through last season, so why has nothing been done in over a year to sort out the facilities to enable a variable segregation area? Particularly for when away teams bring between 450 and 1,050 supporters.

Away clubs choose their allocation 5 weeks before the actual game. So wonder if Wycombe did not change their allotment from when the game was originally on a Saturday.

Agree with Hullouts suggestion, but the 10% rule means away Clubs other than the best supported, are not going to fill the Stacey West.

We have known about the segregation issues in that stand since midway through last season, so why has nothing been done in over a year to sort out the facilities to enable a variable segregation area? Particularly for when away teams bring between 450 and 1,050 supporters.

Away clubs choose their allocation 5 weeks before the actual game. So wonder if Wycombe did not change their allotment from when the game was originally on a Saturday.

To be fair the capacity has been a bigger issue this season than last and we've had a lot of projects with basically no management resource until Liam arrived at the start of this season.

Liam's already said that sliding segregation for the SW will be put in place in the Summer.

You have no idea. We live 8 miles south of Wycombe it is a 2 hour 45 min drive on a Tuesday night after work. A real pain either up the M40 or round the M25, and can take longer. Then try and find late parking around Sincil Bank. Much easier the other way round.

They will do well to take 500+ but that may partly depend on today's results. Must get off, Vale Park is calling.

very true Berksimp

What's their average home crowd?
For such an important game to sell so few tickets granted for a midweek game is really poor.
Really hope Colchester and Yeovil are in the bike shed stand.

Sorry don't agree . 500 on a tuesday night is Tuesday night quite good . Nothing to do with their average crowd at all . Most will be working , and you have not obviously travelled around that part of the country on a regular basis , and its terrible during the evening rush hour. I think BerksImp is very conservative with his time . id have gone for mayby 3/1/2 hours . I wouldn't do it .

It'll be bad trying to get to ground tonight been yet another accident near the ground!
My complaint is not how many they've sold or will bring but the fact they asked for 1000 knowing it unlikely they wouldn't sell them when we could have done.
Fair play to anyone travelling from away to a midweek, done myself in the past.

Can't see another 118 being sold!

You would be surprised a lot of people decide they can go last minute and look for tickets I have watched it go down quite quickly on match days. It's down to 99 on Eventbrite now already. I wouldn't be surprised to see those go in the next couple of hours!

Some short memories on display here. Wasn’t that long ago 4000 was a decent crowd for us, and I’ve been to Wycombe with less than 300 other imps fans in the past.

All of a sudden other te
It'll be bad trying to get to ground tonight been yet another accident near the ground!
My complaint is not how many they've sold or will bring but the fact they asked for 1000 knowing it unlikely they wouldn't sell them when we could have done.
Fair play to anyone travelling from away to a midweek, done myself in the past.

Always better over anticipate than under . gotta speculate to accumuate

You would be surprised a lot of people decide they can go last minute and look for tickets I have watched it go down quite quickly on match days. It's down to 99 on Eventbrite now already. I wouldn't be surprised to see those go in the next couple of hours!

What is it now?