Wycombe nearing a sellout | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wycombe nearing a sellout

What's their average home crowd?
For such an important game to sell so few tickets granted for a midweek game is really poor.
Really hope Colchester and Yeovil are in the bike shed stand.

You have no idea. We live 8 miles south of Wycombe it is a 2 hour 45 min drive on a Tuesday night after work. A real pain either up the M40 or round the M25, and can take longer. Then try and find late parking around Sincil Bank. Much easier the other way round.

They will do well to take 500+ but that may partly depend on today's results. Must get off, Vale Park is calling.

Only 58 left now- all in BM and almost all are the odd front row seats. Other than that, it is now a sell out (for those SW tickets we have sold to home fans).

Sold out now.

Wycombe have sold 229 tickets, so they'll struggle to make the 400/450 needethe SW really, which is a shame. That'll be 1,200 empty seats we could've sold.

I can imagine a lot of Wycombe fans will make last minute plans to go to Sincil Bank, especially with no discount on offer for an early booking of tickets.
With very little resting on this game and it being a Tuesday night the turnout was always going to be sub 500.
If it had been on a Saturday and automatic promotion riding on it no doubt we would have sold out with ease.

I can imagine a lot of Wycombe fans will make last minute plans to go to Sincil Bank, especially with no discount on offer for an early booking of tickets.
With very little resting on this game and it being a Tuesday night the turnout was always going to be sub 500.
If it had been on a Saturday and automatic promotion riding on it no doubt we would have sold out with ease.

Very little resting on the game? Have I missed something?

Very little resting on the game? Have I missed something?

After the game is finished we will still be in exactly the same uncertain position regarding where we finish. Nothing rides on this game in terms of promotion or play offs for either team.

After the game is finished we will still be in exactly the same uncertain position regarding where we finish. Nothing rides on this game in terms of promotion or play offs for either team.
Not sure about that. This game can go a long way towards making positive in roads for both teams respective promotion and play off ambitions. Defeats wouldn't break either side but wouldn't half build the pressure. Absolutely massive game but Wycombe fans are more than welcome to treat it as a jolly; sadly for us I suspect a Gareth Ainsworth team will not take it as lightly.

That's a bit of an odd interpretation. But each to their own...

Sold out now.

Wycombe have sold 229 tickets, so they'll struggle to make the 400/450 needethe SW really, which is a shame. That'll be 1,200 empty seats we could've sold.

Which makes it absolutely bonkers having walk up tickets available for the Wycombe travelling support. It's a racing certianty that some Imps fans will chance their arm, some perhaps towards the more unsavoury end of the spectrum too.

A totally baffling decision, that can only be one of Wycombe's making trying to justify their request for the full allocation of the SW.

Not sure about that. This game can go a long way towards making positive in roads for both teams respective promotion and play off ambitions. Defeats wouldn't break either side but wouldn't half build the pressure. Absolutely massive game but Wycombe fans are more than welcome to treat it as a jolly; sadly for us I suspect a Gareth Ainsworth team will not take it as lightly.
Which makes it absolutely bonkers having walk up tickets available for the Wycombe travelling support. It's a racing certianty that some Imps fans will chance their arm, some perhaps towards the more unsavoury end of the spectrum too.

A totally baffling decision, that can only be one of Wycombe's making trying to justify their request for the full allocation of the SW.

I believe we were allocated 1052 tickets for the game and this was announced two weeks ago on our website and twitter. I am guessing we will manage around 450-500.

There should be a rule that the tickets are sent on a partial sell them or pay for them anyway basis, at the discretion of the home club when it is likely the home sections will sell out; before the visiting clubs decide how many tickets they want sending. That is provided that they have 2 options one of which can be kept as sale or return. I.e. 'Hello Wycombe would you like 600 in the Bike Shed that you can do what you like with or you can have 1500 but any of those you don't sell you are paying for'. That would focus their minds. Total P take by Wycombe as they were never ever bringing over 600 but I don't blame them as they will want to negate small advantages such as home support. Perhaps the club need to lobby The Football League for a rule change on this as we are also missing out on money.

Block 2 of the SW are now on sale, so we must have dispensation to go above the 220 or so we're usually allowed in there when away fans are also in it.

Honestly think we should look at binning the Stacey West completely for away fans next season. Bridge McFarland and the shoe box would hold around 700 in total... that’s more than enough for the vast majority of clubs in either League 1 or 2. If rules dictate (e.g. the FA Cup), we could give a block of the Co-op.

There should be a rule that the tickets are sent on a partial sell them or pay for them anyway basis, at the discretion of the home club when it is likely the home sections will sell out; before the visiting clubs decide how many tickets they want sending. That is provided that they have 2 options one of which can be kept as sale or return. I.e. 'Hello Wycombe would you like 600 in the Bike Shed that you can do what you like with or you can have 1500 but any of those you don't sell you are paying for'. That would focus their minds. Total P take by Wycombe as they were never ever bringing over 600 but I don't blame them as they will want to negate small advantages such as home support. Perhaps the club need to lobby The Football League for a rule change on this as we are also missing out on money.

Rule 34.2.1

Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000.

Within the rules we were allocated the minimum amount of seats for the game