WW3? | Page 119 | Vital Football

WW3?

That seems a massive over simplification of the world's problems. And I am no apologist for America, or their direction in travel. But is the rest of the world really able to point the finger at America for all the woes. No chance.

You are right, it is a massive oversimplification. It's also true.

Ermm, interesting rhetoric

British soldiers must get ready to fight Russia in Third World War, army chief warns

The new head of the British Army's told his troops they must prepare to fight the Russian army in a potential World War Three.
General Sir Patrick Sanders took over from General Sir Mark Carleton Smith on Monday and wrote to his charges about the challenges they face.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/british-soldiers-ready-fight-russia-world-war-3/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ermm, interesting rhetoric

British soldiers must get ready to fight Russia in Third World War, army chief warns

The new head of the British Army's told his troops they must prepare to fight the Russian army in a potential World War Three.
General Sir Patrick Sanders took over from General Sir Mark Carleton Smith on Monday and wrote to his charges about the challenges they face.

He told British soldiers they are the generation that must prepare "to fight in Europe once again" as the conflict in Ukraine continues.

"There is now a burning imperative to forge an Army capable of fighting alongside our allies and defeating Russia in battle," Sir Patrick said.

"We are the generation that must prepare the Army to fight in Europe once again," he added.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/british-soldiers-ready-fight-russia-world-war-3/
The British army are too busy not calling lads, 'lads' to get involved. They haven't got time for this.

europe are in a hole, regarding the war and energy prices, as we know everyone is feeling the effects, but we cant just throw in the towel, putin as to be given manners, for what he as done and make sure the likes of it, never happens again,, so it means, we are in for the long haul, other wise, it will never end,,,seanie

You are right, it is a massive oversimplification. It's also true.

You might agree with Gordon Brown half way through this article (I did).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/vladimir-putin-threatened-gordon-brown-27276000.amp

I found it interesting how the remaining BRIC’s (Brazil, India and China) have all used the war to stick two fingers up to the US.

At the end of the day, the US are the worlds biggest economic, political and military power. A lot of things happen in the world to keep that wealth and power, we’re just a little brother who benefits.

europe are in a hole, regarding the war and energy prices, as we know everyone is feeling the effects, but we cant just throw in the towel, putin as to be given manners, for what he as done and make sure the likes of it, never happens again,, so it means, we are in for the long haul, other wise, it will never end,,,seanie

I struggle with your post here, it’s a bit contradictory. It’s the same point our politicians over here are making.

Life is getting expensive, even a middle earner like myself is feeling the pinch, I can’t see how people on the lowest incomes survive. They will have to forgo meals and heating to get through.

We all want to see Putin’s head chopped off by a blunt knife, but that just isn’t going to happen. There are dangers if he is ousted too.
Firstly, Ukraine will never win the war as Russia bomb even more indiscriminately, and secondly, prolonging the war doesn’t help the global prices and supply of commodities which will result in people dying from starvation and lack of heat.

I'm wondering if all of the corn the US produces that is used for ethanol production could be used to replace the wheat being lost in Ukraine?

It would put a stop to the current food price inflation but may lead to further oil price inflation.

I'm really struggling to get my head around how fucked up our current situation is and how many people around the world are going to die to further American geopolitical ambitions.
Not just America.
Lots of people and companies making mega bucks on the back of the current situation.

I struggle with your post here, it’s a bit contradictory. It’s the same point our politicians over here are making.

Life is getting expensive, even a middle earner like myself is feeling the pinch, I can’t see how people on the lowest incomes survive. They will have to forgo meals and heating to get through.

We all want to see Putin’s head chopped off by a blunt knife, but that just isn’t going to happen. There are dangers if he is ousted too.
Firstly, Ukraine will never win the war as Russia bomb even more indiscriminately, and secondly, prolonging the war doesn’t help the global prices and supply of commodities which will result in people dying from starvation and lack of heat.

i understand, but this is exactly what putin wants, he as to be stopped otherwise there will be no end to it, germany opened the gates for him, its time they shut em,,seanie

I see Zelenskyy met Ben Stiller. It seems Lula was right.
He's certainly playing Boris like a fiddle. Boris is clinging onto him on some misguided sense that it will save his approval among the British public.

The reality is that British people will be becoming a lot less sympathetic to a war that doesn't directly involve us but is directly contributing to inflation and the cost of living crisis.

He's certainly playing Boris like a fiddle. Boris is clinging onto him on some misguided sense that it will save his approval among the British public.

The reality is that British people will be becoming a lot less sympathetic to a war that doesn't directly involve us but is directly contributing to inflation and the cost of living crisis.

I'd imagine most Ukrainians might be rethinking the plan to stick two fingers up at the Russians too.

A friend of my girlfriends is from Slovakia, she’s very direct, very blunt and perhaps lacks of bit of empathy. For me to be thinking that about her given I am like that must be saying something. The Slovakia point is an interesting one here too, as they would be much closer to next in line that Britain and she obviously has family out there.

Anywho, her view is that Ukraine should hand the land over, we should stop funding the war as taxpayers funding weapons and get on with life again.

For me, it is far from that simple in that we can’t just let Putin win as he has then has momentum and would look even better at home, equally trying to destroy Putin which I think in reality is very difficult and very risky, is not a great option either.

If you took a flight to Hungary or Serbia, you would probably find a lot of pro-Russian views or certainly not pro-West funding the continuation of the war.

I do believe that Bozo and Biden artificially prolonging the war where thousands more innocent Ukrainians will become victims of a proxy war is sad from my humanitarian perspective and equally dangerous for them, as they take their eye off the ball at home. Bozo has already done it cancelling Doncaster for Kyiv, and I think Biden could be in danger of being tagged more interested in world events that the US, which was Trumps last campaign that saw him win. It’s a dangerous war in many respects; economically, politically and humanitarily (if that’s even a word).

Last edited: