WW3? | Page 118 | Vital Football

WW3?

Yup, annoyingly there is that aspect to it - others would reference Ireland as well in terms of unification. It has to be majority decide though and Putin isn't a majority anymore than Boris has an IQ.

I do like how we hosted COP though, and it seems any Cabinet member with an eye on the future is making unscheduled trips to Ukraine in an effort to deflect from Johnson being an utter cock.

Day 1 of this war , a mate said to me , we should keep well away from this "it's Russians killing Russians ."
Whilst I was appalled by his comments (not necessarily his true thoughts) that notion has stuck in the back of my mind , akin to the aforementioned posts.

Day 1 of this war , a mate said to me , we should keep well away from this "it's Russians killing Russians ."
Whilst I was appalled by his comments (not necessarily his true thoughts) that notion has stuck in the back of my mind , akin to the aforementioned posts.

That wasn't Jonas, was it?

It’s not just the Americans rowing back a bit. The Germans are delaying the delivery of multiple, long range rocket systems. A professor of European studies, I missed which university he holds the chair of, says it looks like some EU members are going soft on supporting Ukraine. He regards the French and German positions as appeasement. I suppose, if you’ve nailed your energy policy to Russian gas and oil, you might be a bit twitchy. And it looks like Macron fancies himself as the leader of Europe. The Russians don’t appear to agree.

It’s not just the Americans rowing back a bit. The Germans are delaying the delivery of multiple, long range rocket systems. A professor of European studies, I missed which university he holds the chair of, says it looks like some EU members are going soft on supporting Ukraine. He regards the French and German positions as appeasement. I suppose, if you’ve nailed your energy policy to Russian gas and oil, you might be a bit twitchy. And it looks like Macron fancies himself as the leader of Europe. The Russians don’t appear to agree.
The krouts have been shocking throughout this because they were stupid enough to allow their economy to become entrenched with respect to Russia oil despite numerous warnings about this from the yanks (among others) over the past four decades.

Russia will play the long game , as the world press lose momentum of ramming this down everyones throat the Ruskies will take back what they want

i was thinking the other day it's becoming a forgotten war,

It’s the world we live in, in some respects though it’s good for the health of the billions around the world as the news was highly depressing. I was living the Azovstal Steel Plant situation on a daily even hourly basis hoping the poor civilians got out.

Then buried deep in the news yesterday, I read there are 800 hiding out under a chemical plant in Sievierodonetsk. I bet none of us knew about that, I certainly didn’t.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...a-war-children-hiding-sievierodonetsk-factory

It’s the world we live in, in some respects though it’s good for the health of the billions around the world as the news was highly depressing. I was living the Azovstal Steel Plant situation on a daily even hourly basis hoping the poor civilians got out.

Then buried deep in the news yesterday, I read there are 800 hiding out under a chemical plant in Sievierodonetsk. I bet none of us knew about that, I certainly didn’t.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...a-war-children-hiding-sievierodonetsk-factory

Did you enjoy it, the drama of the steel plant?

Did you enjoy it, the drama of the steel plant?

I’m not sure how my post came across but I didn’t mean it from from an entertainment perspective, but from a humanity perspective hoping the civilians got out. The video of the little boy saying he just wanted to see daylight again was heart wrenching stuff

Last edited:
Now Biden is criticising Zelenskyy. There is a real smell of "The West" walking away from this one.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...0841aa78d99857#block-62a442ee8f0841aa78d99857

To be fair to the yanks they were right, and they one-upped Russia the whole way until they finally invaded.

I feel like we've put ourselves in a position where we can't walk away though. I think Biden will let the economy work itself out, he's not going to make major moves until election talks heat up again.

I think this article is a fair reflection of opinion outside of "The West".

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...air-exposes-wests-hypocrisy-over-ukraine-war/

There’s a lot of uncomfortable truths in that article for Westerners albeit I think it’s fair to critique some of the points.

I doubt many would defend Blair with regards to Iraq. A quick Google tells me hundreds of thousands died, many were displaced and I suspect many more died of war related illnesses. He should probably be tried in the same court as Putin. But of course, we’re talking about two white guys waging a war in a muslim country so that never seems to get the uproar across the general public as Russians killing white, European civilians does it?

Whilst I doubt the Yanks and supportive allies have tortured random civilians like the Russians, I’ve no doubt we have tortured people but we are much more clinical in our deadliness and attacks.

The point about the British government sending missiles to Ukraine rather than trying to negotiate peace, is a difficult one. The Russians and U.K. are in a sort of political war and I always feel Westminster talking about Russia in some form helps their power here. We often here of the “threat of Russia” before an election, as people associate (rightly or wrongly) with Labour being soft. The war in Ukraine came at a great time for the Bozo the buffoon to take the headlines away from partygate, covid failings, Brexit failings and many others.

As for Iraq and Palestine, again it’s a powerful white nation against Muslims so doesn’t get the same gravitas. The whole thing is saturated in hypocrisy. The US let the Israelis bomb for a few weekends before they finally reign them in. And we label Palestinians terrorists for defending their land.

I’m absolutely not defending Russia with this post, they’re an awful country with a generally despicable and backward population, but I do understand the alternative view from the east when they look over at what we are doing which is counter intuitive to what we’re telling Russia not to do.

I'm wondering if all of the corn the US produces that is used for ethanol production could be used to replace the wheat being lost in Ukraine?

It would put a stop to the current food price inflation but may lead to further oil price inflation.

I'm really struggling to get my head around how fucked up our current situation is and how many people around the world are going to die to further American geopolitical ambitions.

I see Bozo has announced that the UK is going to stand with Ukraine for the long haul. I expect he will turn his back on them within a week.

I think he’s made a huge blunder at home choosing Kyiv over Doncaster. The war in Ukraine is affecting everyone on the planet, and probably a couple of million will really feel the pinch here.

His rhetoric is a bit concerning about the Ukraine. Russia won’t let the Ukraine win, despite Boris and some in the west thinking Ukraine can win. They are tough fuckers and we’re under estimated, but there comes a point they will fatigue and be overran even if Russia lost 100,000 soldiers.

No-one truly wins in a war, we do need to keep supplying the Ukraine but we also need to figure out a diplomatic solution to stop it too. Whilst the momentum and morale is high for Ukraine given they weren’t a walkover, I think they need to take calculated decisions on their next steps, Boris is prolonging the war for his own gains at home. The reality with Boris, after the brexit shambles and partygate, he can jump on the bandwagon of someone else’s fight as the wind is blowing in the direction so he’s right in front of it, trying to claim Ukraine is some sort of victory for him.

The problem is that we draw ourselves into other forms of war; economical and cyber. The U.K. will become targets of cyber attacks from Moscow and perhaps even physical attacks on a very small scale such as the Skirpals.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling to get my head around how fucked up our current situation is and how many people around the world are going to die to further American geopolitical ambitions.

That seems a massive over simplification of the world's problems. And I am no apologist for America, or their direction in travel. But is the rest of the world really able to point the finger at America for all the woes. No chance.

I doubt many would defend Blair with regards to Iraq. A quick Google tells me hundreds of thousands died, many were displaced and I suspect many more died of war related illnesses. He should probably be tried in the same court as Putin. .

And yet he was voted in again after that war. People forget that. The finger started to get pointed, and I am no apologist (and some of what he and Bush have said, trying to 'Christianise' some of it, made me angry/puke) but the more you read, the more you realise, any PM of the UK would have followed the US into that pathetic war.

I remember talking to my mom about this war, at the time, saying 'you watch'.

It went along the lines of the same old shit will happen, we won't have learned any lessons, we will allow yet another power vacuum (see Iran, see Afghanistan, see so many situations) because we learn nothing from history and will make a hash of it/not improve the lot of the oppressed in that country.

It would have been easy enough to have improved their lot (not just this war) and make them see the benefits. Instead, it was futile, left many on all sides (not even both sides really is it?) dead/maimed/bitter/more radicalised.

Sad thing is, I'm basically a twat (!) and I could see it. I imagine many of you could see it. And yet our world leaders..................................

You look at these countries/situations/wars. You take a look. What was so bad for them? How do we improve that? The equations really are not that difficult. To have lost your father/mother/son/daughter to a war, is bad enough, but then to see improvements would soften the blow. Instead? Power vacuum, lack of food, no running water, no electrics, no basics. Why would you not become radicalised and hate the West?